SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6656|The darkside of Denver
For some reason for a 'dated" engine this game runs like dogshit on my rig. I got to the very beginning nd and the very first firefight was choppy as hell. I may not have a super righ like kamarion but mine by all means should play this game well. any suggestions? rig specs are in my sig.

BTW im running it in XP, got rid of vista.

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2007-03-22 11:38:04)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6457
Just bought it, installing now
paper_pieon
+7|6300

some_random_panda wrote:

Why Chernobyl and not Agent Orange?  Radioactivity usually leads to death or cancers, whereas Agent Orange caused deformity for years after in Vietnam.
agent orange? wasn't that just a chemical that destroyed the plants and trees so they could come in with bulldozers tearing it down to make new bases etc...

wasnt poisonous to humans was it?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

For some reason for a 'dated" engine this game runs like dogshit on my rig. I got to the very beginning nd and the very first firefight was choppy as hell. I may not have a super righ like kamarion but mine by all means should play this game well. any suggestions? rig specs are in my sig.

You are well within the specs. What kinds of FPS are you getting?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
Since the Stalker engine was designed long before VISTA you will get horrid frames under VISTA until they come out with a patch.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

^^ I'm on vista.

https://i12.tinypic.com/2gwstxu.jpg

Sometimes even this...lol

https://i5.tinypic.com/44l65j8.jpg

A screenshot I took.
https://i14.tinypic.com/4dxqpn8.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SonderKommando
I havent even checked the fps. didnt need to. Its noticeably laggy. Maybe its an sli thing. COH had sli issues when it first came out....

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2007-03-22 21:00:56)

RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6565|Oxford
I've just bought the game, waiting for work to finish so I can install it. Has anyone had a go on the multiplayer function yet?
Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany
na
but imo the sp part is good so far (have only played for 2 hours)
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
Well with uber hardware it will run alright on vista as well. However with less then uber machines which most of us are not furtunate enough to have it will not perform on the level it should.
TuataraDude
+115|6519|Aotearoa

FFLink13 wrote:

How can something as nice soundingas "Agent Orange" be a bad thing?
True story, while in the military some years ago, during an exercise, a buddy and I had to go as insurgent. I remembered the movie "Trading PLaces" and announced I was to be called Agent Orange. My buddy promptly said he would be known as Agent Mango. The names stuck and we were Agents Orange and Mango. A Colonel didn't feel we were taking the exercise as seriously as we should.

Last edited by TuataraDude (2007-03-23 12:42:26)

Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany

ShadowFoX wrote:

Well with uber hardware it will run alright on vista as well. However with less then uber machines which most of us are not furtunate enough to have it will not perform on the level it should.
well don't use vista then
runs fine on athlon 2500+ 1 gb ram 6800gt win xp sp1 1024x768 all medium (and it doesn't look as bad as you might think)
SonderKommando

Kmarion wrote:

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

You are well within the specs. What kinds of FPS are you getting?
installed fraps today, even on minimum settings i get 17 fps MAX @1280x1024. something is not right....
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
tbh its not worth buying anyway, completely failed to even beat deus ex in terms of gameplay.
SonderKommando
Thats not the point.... This game has been in development for years. Its like a piece of gaming history, I mean besides Duke Nukem Forever its been like the most delayed title in history.  I really want to play it and it really sucks that it doesn't seem to run well for me.. Hopefully a patch is in order, but so far from what i researched details are scarce...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
I run the game fine on XP. Honestly this game is a really great single player game.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6621|Ghost Town
Got my copy today! And I agree it's awesome in SP. Played for about 2 hours and I like it very much...you want to know how the story goes on. Runs very good on my system but I've got one problem: When it starts to rain I get some weird graphics...? Looks like artifacts but they aren't as this only appears when it rains. I've got a Leadtek 7800GTX with the latest drivers. Anybody else get graphic problems during rain periods?! Thx for the help...if anybody helps!

Last edited by Sub-Zero79 (2007-03-23 18:21:55)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6457

Sub-Zero79 wrote:

Got my copy today! And I agree it's awesome in SP. Played for about 2 hours and I like it very much...you want to know how the story goes on. Runs very good on my system but I've got one problem: When it starts to rain I get some weird graphics...? Looks like artifacts but they aren't as this only appears when it rains. I've got a Leadtek 7800GTX with the latest drivers. Anybody else get graphic problems during rain periods?! Thx for the help...if anybody helps!
Nope, maybe its the anamolies? Try running into it and seeing what happens. PS: where the fuck is the psdeudog tail for the traders side job?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6445

Demo anyone?
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6621|Ghost Town
When I run into anomalies I'll get the correct effect (screen blurrs, colour change etc). Hmm...I guess I'm not the only one having this problem as I've heard from a friend of mine that he has the same problem with rain. The psdeudog tail?! Lol don't know...I've stabbed a dog with my knife at the place behind the village where one dead and one badly injured Stalker are laying on the ground.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
The rain graphic glitches happend ot me as well. However it seems to me that it only occurs in the first couple of areas. Once you get to the bar or so the rain graphic glitches dont seem to show up.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6621|Ghost Town

rabee2789b wrote:

Demo anyone?
There is no Single Player demo as far as I know.
But believe me it's really an awesome game!
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6457
I just made it to the Bar! What an adventure.. Looks like I gota fight some zombies soon And anyone else here fall in love with the Okabon? That gun is great.
SonderKommando
This makes me sad. God i wanna play this..damn game.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
Okabon seems to jam for me all the time i just stick to the lr300.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard