Poll

Do you use the gun unlocks?

Yes85%85% - 176
No14%14% - 29
Total: 205
Des.Kmal
+917|6616|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I got the game last night, and omg the stock guns are absolutely terrible. I cant hit shit with them, and my accuracy is 27% in bf2!!

I have gotten better, I realized I have to stay second for a sec to hit people.

I have yet to get the unlock guns, and I would rather not depend on them, since I dont use unlocks in bf2 at all, and i still own.

So, do you use them or not? Can you live with out them?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
l41e
+677|6646

Baur FTW. I can't use the SCAR for crap.

Tip: Go insta-crouch instead of BF2's insta-prone.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
I mix and match. But I often use stocks.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
I mostly use unlocks, but the base weapons are all pretty good... except the engineer AV weapons. They suck compared to the Pilum.
JovesApples
+4|6451|USA
the Krylov is easily one of the best guns in the game imo

for assault i use it when i can get it, the scar is not so good so i use an unlock gun

still, 2142 unlocks are much more than just guns

grab some dead mans kits and see for yourself,

2142 also plays so much different than BF2, it takes some getting used to at first
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
I love my Ganz Lambert and Baur more than their stock counter-parts. My next unlock is going to be the Clark, which should be fun.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6343|Cali
Ehh i just use em sometimes to piss peps off.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6747|Mark it zero.
the only gun unlocks i use are the carbine for recon when im not sniping. i use the stock sniper rifles over the unlock. i laso use the engineers pilum. those are all. i prefer the stock assault rifles and stock support weapons over the unlocks.
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6379
I'm better with the stock sniper Rifles.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6738
Recon yes for Lambert, no for Snipers just use stock ones.

Assault Yes for Voss.

Engineer Yes for Pilum.

Support No I use the Stock guns.
Magius5.0
+106|6380|UMass Amherst
Lets sort it out, very briefly...I've said it dozens of times, and this is the best advice I can give for weapon unlocks.

Krylov: Stock weapon, massive destructive potential: when used properly, I take out entire squads if used in short bursts; it puts the Voss to shame at times, but panic fire still means you'll hit nothing but air.  ROF is very high, so be cautious; SCAR 11 isn't so good, unfortunately.

Baur H-AR: Marksman rifle in single-shot, extremely effective at medium to long range, hindered by high but predictable recoil; at most distances, can take out support classes (read: important!)  Must-have for those who like heavy guns with high damage potential--fair warning, you'd better sharpen your close-quarters skills if you use it, and be precise.

Voss L-AR: All-around good rifle for Assault: high ROF, suppressive, and dependable in short bursts up to 60 meters (and more, if you're good).  Combine with Rifle rockets to dominate any distance--good solid unlock for prolonged firefights.

Pilum H-AVR: Engineer unlock that makes Engineer class merely camper to extremely agressive, when used in combo with Motion Mines.  More damage potential in soft-spots of enemy armor, no lock-on tone, making it a silent kill.  Be prepared to lead against moving targets, and it's no sniper rifle (deviation).  One of my personal favorites.

Zeller-H ASR: Useless in my opinion, but can clear mines/explosives and 1SK light body armor (chest, torso or head shot).  3 round clip and long reload times means you WILL have to camp with it.  Stock rifles allow you to be more agressive of a sniper, with larger clips and lengthier suppression time.

SAAW86: Useless unlock for air targets, get it last.

Lambert Carbine: Makes Recon agressive and Close-Quarters much easier (titan in particular) or defending areas, when used in conjunction with APM's and RDX.  low recoil and can take stabilizer upgrade, damage potential is moderate.

Clark 15B shotgun: Close-Quarters master, aim for upper chest and head to ensure one shot kills at close range; will have to use other means to engage long-range targets as Support.

Ganz HMG: Useful for camping, the damage uppage from patch 1.10 is not to be underestimated: lower ROF means you will have to get in the first shot, better-used at longer ranges (Titan corridors, for example)

Please don't make me repeat all that.  Hope this helps the newbies.
StRyKeR-191
+1|6312|Australia
anyone who uses a Voss, is a noob, they need to get some skills and learn to aim.
Defult weapons for pro2142 sxc chat with uberpro people.

gtfo the internet if u disagree
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6738

StRyKeR-191 wrote:

anyone who uses a Voss, is a noob, they need to get some skills and learn to aim.
Defult weapons for pro2142 sxc chat with uberpro people.

gtfo the internet if u disagree
HAHAHAHA I love these posts, when some one puts that if you use a certain gun you a noob, What next if you use grenades your a noob, or If you fire your weapon at the enemy your a noob, or even joining a game your a noob.

For godsakes man get over it and use whatever weapon you damn well please and stop calling people noobs just because you keep getting killed by it.

Now go cry to ya momma.

Last edited by paranoid101 (2007-01-15 19:51:30)

jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Kanil wrote:

I mostly use unlocks, but the base weapons are all pretty good... except the engineer AV weapons. They suck compared to the Pilum.
bah .. i agree the pilum kicks ass .. but once you learn the soft spots, the stock weapons work well also ... keep in mind they are great for extreme ranges ...

but i hate the saaw ... good luck explaining its worth ..
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6750|Toronto, ON
Crouching seems to work better than proning.

My accuracy is still around 43%.
Alpha as fuck.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6520
crouch + scope = win
i dont even really play the game but i can go 40-7 easier than i can in bf2.
T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan

Des.Kmal wrote:

I got the game last night, and omg the stock guns are absolutely terrible. I cant hit shit with them, and my accuracy is 27% in bf2!!

I have gotten better, I realized I have to stay second for a sec to hit people.

I have yet to get the unlock guns, and I would rather not depend on them, since I dont use unlocks in bf2 at all, and i still own.

So, do you use them or not? Can you live with out them?
krylov is sweet.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Meh, unlocks are alright.

I prefer BF2
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden

paranoid101 wrote:

Recon yes for Lambert, no for Snipers just use stock ones.

Assault Yes for Voss.

Engineer Yes for Pilum.

Support No I use the Stock guns.
Yep yep!
Tetn1s
+59|6640|Los Angeles
Assault:Dont use gun unlocks
Recon:Use both gun unlocks
Engineer:Use Pilium, SAAW occasionally
Support:Clark+stocks

Last edited by Ned_Z (2007-01-15 22:56:38)

kajukenbo_kid
+36|6414|...
clark owns, stock rifles for assault are fine,
kmal, for the record, you win, 2-1
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6815|Belgium
Recon; Stock sniper rifles, the Zeller has a cewl sound and all, but it isn't anymore effective since I mostly go for head shots, and with all snipers those are 1 shot 1 kill.. But I very often use the Lambert

Assault; Unlocks (Baur & Voss) and Krylov sometimes..

Engineer; always Pilium, very rarely the SAAW.. (So never the stock)

Support; mostly the Stock LMGs, almost never the Ganz, sometimes the Clark when the server I play on is close-combat & lag-free..
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341
Krylov is pretty much the best Assaultrifle.

When used in single-shot over mid-range it pops more heads than a pipe of crack.
Does more damage than the Voss while having an equal precision. You can throw peas at your enemy and do more damage than with the Voss . Still its a good beginner-gun.

When I play as EU i always use the Baur. Combined with the rocketlauncher attachment it´s a fierce killing machine.
Scar just sucks, especially the distracting, stupidly shining gun schema lighting up, when aiming through iron sights.
Plus the red dot is somewhat shifted to the left. Can´t figure out why.

The Zeller-H comes on handy when assaulting the titan, as you can blow up those damn APM´s and RDX packs infesting the hallways. In any other situation the stock rifles are superior.

I really started playing engineer as i unlocked the Pilum, so I got no real experience using the rocket launchers, but I heard they are pretty fine too, if you learn how to use them.
The Pilum for that matter is nothing but bad-ass. Come outta cover, aim quick, shoot and dive back into cover. Armor wont even now what hit them. Close-quarters AT-ing. Works with the rocket launchers as well, but the Pilum is predestined for this tactic.

The Clark is btw. the most fun weapon in your arsenal. On tight infantry maps like Berlin or the Titan it kicks some as. And it gives you lots of joy. But you can rarely use it, if you insist on having a positive K/D ratio.

So yes, I use the unlocks regularly. They are an important part in the 2142 gameplay, not just alternatives as they are in Bf2.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6736|The Hague, Netherlands

Nope,

Bianchi/Shuko LMG ftw !
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Whatever you feel suites you and gets you many kills and a good accuracy is a good gun !

One tip is to use one gun for a longer period to get to know the particular gun better, switching guns every 5 minutes don`t give you a clue to it`s weakness or strong sides. Persistence is the key to handle any gun with valorous results !

Myself i dig the Voss and the Lambert, that`s the 2 guns i`ve used the most and feel i know the best how to handle
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard