=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6550|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Bernadictus wrote:

Really you are one big f*cking moron with no knowledge what so ever about Apple Inc. and their products.

#1. I buy a new harddrive, open up my iMac, click the old one out, new one in. Close iMac insert OS X cd. And within 15 minutes I had a complete new OS installed and the computer is ready.

#2. All things 'Made For A Mac' work with plug and play, and with no exceptions. Would your XP recoginize a 6 year old flatbed scanner? I bet not.

#3. Please show me examples of beter MP3 players (that also support video offcourse! and syncronize with a steady MP3 software program).

#4. The iPhone is the cell phone redefined, it is far more advanced. Have you even looked at its features?
Does you PDA support multi-touch? Does your PDA support visual voicemail? Does your PDA sync with your computer seamlessly.

#5. They aim for a market share of 1% aka 10M units. I suggest watching the keynote, because your ignorance is too fucking annoying.
I'll ignore the childish insult at the start of your post. 

1)  Macintosh computers are harder to upgrade than PCs.  That is common knowledge and calling me silly names and boasting about your Mac engineering skills won't change that.  A PC's parts a way more interchangeable than Mac components (especially processors and video cards) and the parts are fewer and further between as well.  PCs are much easier to upgrade - FACT!

2) Why would anyone want to use a 6 year old scanner?  Besides your weird example, I'd be suprised if I couldn't get it working on my PC. 

* If you were refering to my comments about "plug and play" I meant in the sense that you can't modify the software/drivers/settings on a Mac like you can with a PC.

3) Nano beater - http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/entertainm … _incoming! (£50 or $100 cheaper, more features and smaller!)

And if you want video (really can't see the use other than chavs showing their gang their latest joyriding skills) then check out the zen on this page http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/entertainm … ernatives,

4) iPhone specs
Screen size    3.5 inches
Screen resolution    320 by 480 at 160 ppi
Input method    Multi-touch
Operating system    OS X
Storage    4GB or 8GB
GSM    Quad-band (MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900)
Wireless data    Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + EDGE + Bluetooth 2.0
Camera    2.0 megapixels
Battery    Up to 5 hours
Talk / Video / Browsing
Up to 16 hours
Audio playback
Dimensions    4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm
Weight    4.8 ounces / 135 grams

Not a single one of the above is impressive and most are outdated already.  I don't know anout the mobile phone market in your country but in the UK, the iPhone looks old.  My mates Nokia has a 3.2 mega pixel camera on his phone and that's been out six months.  I had a Motorla A1000  (2 years old) and that had "multi touch"; i never used a stylus as the screen was big enough to use with my fingers and recognizing drap and drop so that's nothing new.  The resolution is about the same as current models on the market and I really don't see what's so revolutionary as this.  Connectivity for all modern phones is pretty easy via USB, Wireless or Bluetouch and even my currunt Sony Ericcson has quick sync features.

"Visual Voicemail" is just a (typically Mac) flash but useless feature.  I don't find voicemail too hard to listen too and SMS is so popular in the UK hardly anyone uses it anyway.

5) What they aim for and what they want are two different things.  I have a degree in Business so stop trying to patronise me....

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-01-17 08:00:00)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
Bernadictus just got owned lol... iPhone is way to expensive for a phone imo...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Surely someone who can afford Apples ridiculous prices could afford a decent scanner anyway? I find it hilarious how you refer to them as 'Apple Inc.'; you are a true fanboi.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

ghettoperson wrote:

Surely someone who can afford Apples ridiculous prices could afford a decent scanner anyway? I find it hilarious how you refer to them as 'Apple Inc.'; you are a true fanboi.
Well ain't that obvious The only apple product I like is the iPod, iTunes is also a pretty good media program. Besides that I don't really care for Apple... The reason Macs aren't so popular is because you must buy a Mac, you can't just buy the OS and install it and create your own custom build.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6550|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

iTunes is also a pretty good media program.
Try MediaMonkey, much better with no nagware
7eregrine
+1|6434
+1 for Media Monkey, which also works with iPod, strangely enough.

Bernadictus wrote:

#3. Please show me examples of better MP3 players (that also support video of course! and synchronize with a steady MP3 software program).
(fixed your typos)

This is what I can't stand. You are a rabid Apple fan boy.
Me? I'm a consumer. Not rabidly loyal to any one company.
I LIKE Apples computers. I LIKE OSX. It's sleek, pretty, and works like a charm. Totally overpriced, but that's OK. I like how Apple PC's don't get a new processor every 3 months so that laptop you bought 6 months ago isn't outdated as quickly as a WinTel machine. Don't call me an MS fan boy...
But Apple blew it with thier DAP. And MS is trying to copy Apples' business model to the T.

Your obvious lack of any kind of authoritative research and/or experience is plainly obvious.
Do you know that with EVERY other player out there, there is no limit to how many computers you can connect it to? Really! How many computers can you hook the 'pod to? 5. If you need to reload your computer you have to 'divorce' the 'pod from that install and then 'marry' it again to the next one. I've done this at least 20 times for the iSheep at my job. Wth is that about?
If I reinstall Windows for any reason, I just plug in my player and Windows Media says (or Media Monkey) "shall I synch it?". Period. No hokey fanokey. No magic. It just works. Hmm. Just like everyone says iTunes does!
Anyone here ever own an iPod and switch to another device? No. Once an iPod user, always an iPod user, just like Apple likes it. To much of a pain in the ass to get your iTunes music onto any other device.
Can you download audiobooks? Of course, you can. But FREE from your local library? Nope, sorry. iPod not supported. Any one with any other player out there can.

I will say this. No other player out there works better with the Apple OS then the iPod does. For this reason I understand Apple users getting a 'pod. But Windows users are just plain lazy about research if they are toting around an iPod without http://www.rockbox.org on it. To much info out there shows it is clearly not the best.
How many "video players" out there are better then iPod? All of them, I say.

Why is it #1 then? Let me ask all of you... how many other DAP commercials have you ever seen? Me? 2. Total. Each one only once. Olympus (totally off the map for DAP's now) and Toshiba. No one can afford to market like Apple can. Marketing works, and it's painfully obvious right here with the iPod.   

I could go on and on, but I know there is no getting through to the rabid fan-boy. Enjoy your next iPod, and the next one, and the next one....

As for the iPhone? It does have an amazing interface. But will it let you call people that don't have an iPhone? lol j/k What I like about the iPhone is that it will drive other companies to compete. Only 8 Gigs, though? For $600? That's a joke, right? An iPhone with a 30Gig hard drive? That, Steve Jobs, would be almost groundbreaking and revolutionary.

Last edited by 7eregrine (2007-01-17 19:39:33)

BVC
+325|6696
Theres no new technology in the iPhone, its just a rehash of stuff thats been around for years.  That said, great gadgets don't always have to be based on new technology, sometimes they can be based on the right combination of existing stuff.

Give me an iPhone (or iClone ) with external keyboard/screen/mouse ports, enough processing power to watch movies/browse on, and a camera with decent quality pics and I'll be happy.

Last edited by Pubic (2007-01-17 21:34:32)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA
bitched
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Expanding a mac. This is a direct quote from : http://www.apple.com/macpro/expansion.html

And thanks to the new cable-free, direct-attach installation system, you can add (or replace) hard drives quickly and easily. No more connectors or cables to contend with. Now, installing a drive is as simple as attaching a drive to a carrier, and sliding the drive into place. The side door latch has even been redesigned to lock your drives securely in the enclosure.
I have done this many times, works as a charm. Same applies for inserting an extra graphics card. You open the case (No screw driver needed since PowerMac G3's) plug it in. Close the case, startup & fin.

There is no reason to modify drivers on the Macintosh platform because peripherals have to 'Made for a Mac' before they can be shipped out with the Mac logo on the box. Same applies for all hardware.

I have had several MP3 players, but I am most satisfied over my iPod. Would not want to trade it with anyone else. And about docking it with more than 5 computers > why do I want to do that? I use iTunes to download music from my friends and put it on my iPod.

Have you even watched the extensive showcase? Do you know OS X? It might no have a 7MP camera, I dont need it. As I have a proper digital camera to do my photostuff. Visual Voicemail useless? Well that is your opinion. Mr. bussiness Degree, bit strange though that AT&T and Cingular have a different opinions from you.
Come back to criticize me once you are done making spreadsheets, and you have started to work in the 'creative industry'.

For those crying about it's price. My Samsung E900 was 500 euro's when it was introduced so big fucking deal.
At least my Mac machine won't de-valuate at 500 dollar per year. And I really don't care what you have to say , call me the biggest fanboy alive, I greet is as a compliment.

And about the constant Mac = OS X crying. Name me a system component in a windows machine that does NOT need upgraded drivers after installing a newer version.
The hardware for the Mac is limited, and with a proper reason. No driver hell. All possible drivers for a certain machine are build into OS X thus not needing to install new drivers every forking time you plug something new into your PC.

And towards Apple's DAP commercials. I have never seen one here in the Netherlands, yet it is the best selling DAP.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Bernadictus wrote:

Expanding a mac. This is a direct quote from : http://www.apple.com/macpro/expansion.html

And thanks to the new cable-free, direct-attach installation system, you can add (or replace) hard drives quickly and easily. No more connectors or cables to contend with. Now, installing a drive is as simple as attaching a drive to a carrier, and sliding the drive into place. The side door latch has even been redesigned to lock your drives securely in the enclosure.
I have done this many times, works as a charm. Same applies for inserting an extra graphics card. You open the case (No screw driver needed since PowerMac G3's) plug it in. Close the case, startup & fin.

There is no reason to modify drivers on the Macintosh platform because peripherals have to 'Made for a Mac' before they can be shipped out with the Mac logo on the box. Same applies for all hardware.

I have had several MP3 players, but I am most satisfied over my iPod. Would not want to trade it with anyone else. And about docking it with more than 5 computers > why do I want to do that? I use iTunes to download music from my friends and put it on my iPod.

Have you even watched the extensive showcase? Do you know OS X? It might no have a 7MP camera, I dont need it. As I have a proper digital camera to do my photostuff. Visual Voicemail useless? Well that is your opinion. Mr. bussiness Degree, bit strange though that AT&T and Cingular have a different opinions from you.
Come back to criticize me once you are done making spreadsheets, and you have started to work in the 'creative industry'.

For those crying about it's price. My Samsung E900 was 500 euro's when it was introduced so big fucking deal.
At least my Mac machine won't de-valuate at 500 dollar per year. And I really don't care what you have to say , call me the biggest fanboy alive, I greet is as a compliment.

And about the constant Mac = OS X crying. Name me a system component in a windows machine that does NOT need upgraded drivers after installing a newer version.
The hardware for the Mac is limited, and with a proper reason. No driver hell. All possible drivers for a certain machine are build into OS X thus not needing to install new drivers every forking time you plug something new into your PC.

And towards Apple's DAP commercials. I have never seen one here in the Netherlands, yet it is the best selling DAP.
The only reason you don't need to put in a cable because the connectors go directly to the drive bay... I find it funny, since Macs now run Intel CPU's, can you install a mac on an Intel system?
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6623|Camp XRay

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

The only reason you don't need to put in a cable because the connectors go directly to the drive bay... I find it funny, since Macs now run Intel CPU's, can you install a mac on an Intel system?
yes www.osx86project.org works pretty well, all though driver support is sometimes a pain in the ass
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard