Poll

Titan or Conquest?

Titan62%62% - 74
Conquest37%37% - 44
Total: 118
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland
Well!? title says all. i prefer titan as i get a bit bored of capture the flag. but assaulting that titan = DROOL

you?
samfink
+31|6565
titan mode. t's easier to see how far yuo are progressign to winning with you visibly seeing the shields go donw on the top of theHUD, thne seeing the damage once you have blown the consoles and are assaulting the core. not to mention the fact that it's less changable that conquets, even if the enmy have breached your titan abd are aiming for the consoles, you can still stop themby firing tat lqastAT rund into their core, ending the game.
Mafia47
+27|6750|Chicago
titan...otherwise its just all other bf games titan makes it different
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6853|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Conquest, because it's 100% lag free.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6709|Chch, New Zealand

PBAsydney wrote:

Conquest, because it's 100% lag free.
You are not wrong there mate.
And you also don't have to travel as far to get kills.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6579|United States
Titan. There's so much more you can do on Titan than you can on Conquest... plus capturing silo's and protecting them is the same thing as Conquest... so basically I can have my cake and eat it too.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
This is problem with bf series. where is the fucking variation! SCREW CONQUEST! it sucks!, it quite literally licks my balls. Its like a shit version of assult in UT or a crap attempt at domination. How about DICE get off their fat ass's and bring in some more game types. Maybe plain style DM with 1 life per round. Maybe an actual assult mode, rather than whoring points in small corridors (which is still an improvement over boring conquest, however titans could be made SO much better, maybe more than 1 way to a console....)
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6490|Purdue
Titan. The only downfall is when they have 1 console left, and they have 3 or 4 enforcers waiting for you to peek around the corner.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
Titan, the fighting in those corridors takes some beating in terms of intensity, and the fact the game could go either way at any point, due to a team working together. Also, after x amount of hours in bf2, you kinda get bored of conquest.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6544|Edmonton Alberta
i hated laggy ass titan mode when i was playing 2142..... the only reason people play it is because its real easy to point whore on them.... even though i did like glitching into the walls in titan mode and getting like 60 kills a round
Clarity
+1|6666
32 player titan mode isn't laggy, it is only 48 player that crawls a bit and even then usually only when the AA gunners are spamming each others sheilds.

Conquest is OK but very linear, Titan mode is much more open with any flag easily within reach of the pods or transports so getting trapped with one flag (like Berlin I think it is) doesn't happen.

I do hate the corridors though....
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
Conquest.  The team is more focused when they only have flags as objectives instead of having to decide between silos or the Titan.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6626|UCF

samfink wrote:

titan mode. t's easier to see how far yuo are progressign to winning with you visibly seeing the shields go donw on the top of theHUD, thne seeing the damage once you have blown the consoles and are assaulting the core. not to mention the fact that it's less changable that conquets, even if the enmy have breached your titan abd are aiming for the consoles, you can still stop themby firing tat lqastAT rund into their core, ending the game.
That paragraph went downhill really fast towards the end then kinda saved itself.

Titan loses to Conquest because of that double take lag, where you always take 2 steps forward but only take 1.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6579|United States
They really need some new game types for this series... like King of the Hill or Capture the Flag, etc. Something to spice this series up... it's getting rather monotonous.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
If you lag on titan at any point whatsoever, its because a. your connection sucks b. your computer sucks real ass.

I have my graphics on high, a 2mb connection (rubbish) but I never lag and normally load the server first, I play on a laptop ffs. Someone of you must have such bullshit computers.
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

Titan mod was interesting in the beggining but after some time you relise its quite crap actualy.
For one the Titan it self is so porely designed that it looks like someone took 5 minutes of their life to design it. Its too small and too simple. This leads to a totaly ridiculous and tacticless style of fighting in the titans. Altho designers probably had in mind that most BF2 players play 24/7 IO Karkand servers. So they probaly though, lets please the masses.

Another thing is Titan pods. Yes I loved them in the beggining but they also ruin the game. People podding 300 meters away from their titan wtf!!! Its just not for smart and carefull players and for carefull gamestyle. Its a "run and gun" style.

and ofcourse... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478
Where is the both option. I nulled.
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Where is the both option. I nulled.
I thought its which one do you like more. I mean you can love both mods more that tits, ass, or God himself but you have to love one more than the other
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6462|UK
I play BF2 for a while before i got 2142 but not bored of conquest i don't know i think in some ways conquest on 2142 is better than BF2 because i think things are balanced better and are more realistic.

For example the tanks long ranged arty pounding. Battle walkers give tanks something to worry about. So i like conquest on 2142 even tho i would only play city maps on BF2 on this i find myself liking vehicle orientated maps too just because their is still infantry action on them that isn't being impeded by too many vehicles whores.

I dont know i play the beta with only titan mode and it was less laggy for a start which is wierd i go on titan server now with my shit graphics as before but just seems worse i cant fight like that so until i get a better rig i wont be playing titan much, having said that people say conquest is linear titan fighting is about a linear as it gets at least on conquest your fighting all over the map but on titan you end up in one of two titans and always end up in the core.

I might get back in to titan i thought i would play it the most but i just dont like it because my machine cant handle therefore i cant enjoy it and just the lame seven claymores or ten sentry gun thats not skill its boring but i cant fight back because im too slow because of lag lol.

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-01-14 16:02:54)

BallisticallyYours
+23|6640|Chicago, IL

Vilham wrote:

If you lag on titan at any point whatsoever, its because a. your connection sucks b. your computer sucks real ass.

I have my graphics on high, a 2mb connection (rubbish) but I never lag and normally load the server first, I play on a laptop ffs. Someone of you must have such bullshit computers.
"Bow down to superior hardware".... rub it in that not everyone has a kickin system. I lag on titan.. but only when you move the titans are moved within range of each other. Otherwise, I'd love to see other objectives: Sudden death, Defend, infiltrate, recon, king of the hill... etc. Someone else suggested it, and I agree with it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland
well, looks titan is winning by almost 2x
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

noobs
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6352|Smurfvillage, Gotland
If only titan wasnt laggy as hell..
Commando
+8|6611

Vilham wrote:

You must be able to download and view p0rn at an amazing rate
Magius5.0
+106|6391|UMass Amherst
They need to resolve the titan lag issues and maybe make it so that assaulting a corridor filled with sentry drones isn't guaranteed suicide.  Wait--I got it!  Kamikaze!  (For those of us new to this, you can take the Otus or Accipator and plant RDX on it).  Other than the lag, and general stupidity of the average player who can't muster an assault if their life depended on it, Titan mode is awesome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard