Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6799

I'll make this quick.

I've got here a Prince classical guitar. D string just snapped. Nylon strings. Dunno what brand.

These strings have been on this guitar since we got it, 8-9 years ago, and so the strings are probably much older. Low tension, no warpage or anything, not bad condition really for that long.

but my question... should I replace all the strings? or just the D? I mean, the one time I did change strings was because it was a trem problem and i figured i needed new strings.

well the other 5 are in fine condition, but they are extremely old...

so do i

A) Change the D string, and leave the 5 other strings to replace when they each break one by one?

B) Change them all and have a nice new set?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6731|The Ville
Better to change them all. That's what I do. Plus it's simi hard to find seperate strings unless I'm not looking hard enough. Since the strings are 8-9 years old you might notice a better sound with new ones anyways.
Coolbeano
+378|6799

Mmm okay. I didn't mean buying a single string, I actually meant buying all 6, and then keeping the other 5 for when I  need to change the others.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6692|Land of the Very Cold
Change them all at once, to keep the tone balanced, and the tension balanced. Been playing guitar for over 10 years here, so I know!
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6485|Newcastle NSW Australia
Your best just to restring the whole guitar. It can make it sound a liitle out if you only replace one.
Metallicatt
+3|6799|Gold Coast, Down Under
I agree with OBIWAN!!

Buy new strings and change them ALL! Especially since it's been 8-9 years. (Damn boy!! LOL)

It is only my recommendation, as If I break a string, I change them all, not just the one that broke.

Feels SOOOO much better with new strings on!! And I can feel/hear/see a difference in playing.

But that's just me... anyone else?
Coolbeano
+378|6799

Yeah I know 8-9 years is terribly long but it did sit in solitude for 5-6 of those years. Like I said, I've never really broken strings... I broke my tremolo, which meant I had to change all my strings anyway >.<

But yeah. I guess I'll go with all.

and... Jesus Christ Metallicatt, you've been here as long as I have and you've made thirteen posts... rofl. (oh and go get Fade to Bluegrass and rethink that thing you said about Metallica releasing a folk album )
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6692|Land of the Very Cold
I change my strings once a month.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6776|Norcal, usa
yep, replace them all.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6367|teh alien spaceshit
All
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6468|Washington State, USA
replace them all since some are going to sound duller or deader than the newer string. saves you the hassle of having another dead string and pulling out another string and so on, get another sey of strings and restring the whole thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard