SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
I jsut uninstalled bf2 and want to reinstall it but part way through 2nd disc i get the msg

"Installation failed, please try again from beginning"  and everytime its at object_client data

i had this problem before but now dont know how to fix it.  Any help would be great thanks
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6515
i got the same problem a while ago. couldnt figure it out so i downloaded a torrent of a bf2 iso and mounted it w/ daemon tools. hope this helps.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6338|Cali
Ok.. listen up

Ok make shure your comp can handle it... I would go to frys or best buy or comp usa either or and ask if they have a person that they can send to check your specs of your PC then if you do have all the right things and your PC just dont wanna take bf2 then bring the bf2 back that you have and get a new one... now if that dont work then try gettin a dvd drive or faster internet provider,, or try restarting your PC - Or take out all your cookies in your contral pannel. +1
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6643|Keyboard

UnknownRanger wrote:

Ok.. listen up

Ok make shure your comp can handle it... I would go to frys or best buy or comp usa either or and ask if they have a person that they can send to check your specs of your PC then if you do have all the right things and your PC just dont wanna take bf2 then bring the bf2 back that you have and get a new one... now if that dont work then try gettin a dvd drive or faster internet provider,, or try restarting your PC - Or take out all your cookies in your contral pannel. +1
I dunno what does it have to do with the ISP.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
i have played bf2 a ton my comp cna handle it i was reinstalling so copuld tyr diff patch.  ill tyr the cookie thing
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6338|Cali
No +1... Bahh
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
lol will if helps
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6688|South Africa
i had this prob a while back.

You have to remove ALL traces of BF2 & SF from your PC (registry included).

Then do the following (if i remember correctly)

BF2
Reboot
Reboot
SF
Reboot
Reboot

i can't find the topic i posted in, but im' pretty sure this is what fixes it (it did for me)
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
how do i remove all traces i thought i have them removed but apparently not
DesmondLocke
+1|6544
If you've played it before than your computer can definitely handle it. It ran fine while it was installed? Did you get this only after you uninstalled and tried to reinstall? If that's the case, it sounds like your computer might not have completely uninstalled it. Search your drive for any folders or files that are associated with BF2. If you find any, manually delete them, empty your bin, and restart the computer. That's my only thought on the problem.

OK that was already stated.
Look for folders first. Those are the worst culprits.

Last edited by DesmondLocke (2007-01-12 21:13:06)

Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6688|South Africa
Look in your Registry for all traces of Dice/EA/BF/SF.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
imma try that right now plus 1 for all you if get running by tonight
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6540|the best galaxy
If Your CD is broken You can get a new from EA within 1 year after You bought it.
Mine cracked because it fitted so firmly in the box so I got a new DVD and key.
HUUURAAAH EA
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6315|Orrstrayleea
i dont have any idea but ill take that karma please
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
failed at same spot and i did everything

always stops at object_client data

any1 have better idea?
spray_and_pray
+52|6484|Perth. Western Australia
Delete all Win 32 files and call it a day.... Have you checked in my documents? It can be in a folder all on its own or in MyDocuments/EAGames/Battlefield2
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6714|oregon
just do windows button+F, and do a full computer search...be sure to set the search for "all files and folders". after that, delete everything that comes up.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378

spray_and_pray wrote:

Delete all Win 32 files and call it a day.... Have you checked in my documents? It can be in a folder all on its own or in MyDocuments/EAGames/Battlefield2
what do u mena by all win 32 files ?

and ive already searched and nothing pops up for battlefield anymore
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
could haveing game spy stop it ?
spray_and_pray
+52|6484|Perth. Western Australia

SpawnKiller wrote:

spray_and_pray wrote:

what do u mena by all win 32 files ?

and ive already searched and nothing pops up for battlefield anymore
It was a joke dont delete Win 32 its windows (sigh). Reformat your hard drive.
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6751|Campbeltown, Scotland
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
nothing there helps ive dont it all i dont know whats wrong this time always stops at object_client data
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6363|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Anubis5289 wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=43130
There ya go, a manual uninstall always helps seriously it usually does.
You did check to make sure your disc isn't scratched.....right? If it is you don't have to buy a whole new game, EA has this thing where you send the bunk disc in & they send you a new one for like $10 or something like that. Call tech support, you paid for it when you bought the game.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6378
oh man i dont wanna buy a new game.  I havnt touched the disc that always fails since last time i installed it.  had same error last time but manual uninstall fixed it this time it didnt
Scardaddy
+37|6385|UK
delete all Battlefield file in my documents, after uninstalling.

then restart...

then reinstall...

if that don't work PM me and we'll try something else

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard