ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
https://i11.tinypic.com/33duwee.jpg
The Bathtub is as big as a small lake, but only one foot deeper than the liner. The ship weighs 50 tons and as a top speed of 50 knots.

Will the thrust of the engines create a whirlpool where the ship spins and bobs haplessly or would the spin of the waters current create a vortex eventually devouring the Earth, giving the thrust of the propellers?

Last edited by ATG (2007-01-11 23:12:31)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6388

ATG wrote:

http://i11.tinypic.com/33duwee.jpg
The Bathtub is as big as a small lake, but only one foot deeper than the liner. The ship weighs 50 tons and as a top speed of 50 knots.

Will the thrust of the engines create a whirlpool where the ship spins and bobs haplessly or would the spin of the waters current create a vortex eventually devouring the Earth, giving the thrust of the propellers?
... lay off the beer for a while. 
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
OK I am so confused just from that one sentence you wrote. Thanks.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6333|Oregon
oh my god.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

not another airplane thread...

Edit: but just so you know... the second one.

Last edited by djphetal (2007-01-11 23:15:00)

brome
brap.
+244|6585|Accidental, TK
I'll go with the earth-devouring vortex
Sounds much more feasable

Last edited by brome (2007-01-11 23:16:15)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

/head-implode
I need around tree fiddy.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6328|teh alien spaceshit
50 tons?
ATG
Banned

thtthht wrote:

50 tons?
Right. About the weight of the Titanic.
And a vortex.
https://i12.tinypic.com/2wrhiyx.jpg
sithao
+63|6624|Los Angeles, California
/confused
ozzie_johnson
+98|6655|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia

ATG wrote:

thtthht wrote:

50 tons?
And a vortex.
http://i12.tinypic.com/2wrhiyx.jpg
doesnt that happen to homer on the simpsons.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6655|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4003/hommerkp6.png
ATG
Banned

ozzie_johnson wrote:

ATG wrote:

thtthht wrote:

50 tons?
And a vortex.
http://i12.tinypic.com/2wrhiyx.jpg
doesnt that happen to homer on the simpsons.
This is different.
Theres a ocean liner in a bathtub that creates the vortex. ( the vortex part was tongue and cheeck. )
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6392|Evilsville
Seems more like an aircraft-carrier to me by the way..
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6690|Calgary

some_random_panda wrote:

ATG wrote:

... lay off the beer for a while. 
lol  lay off, how about he spread it around 
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX
Oh shit ATG. You gonna make me miss my morning cup again? 
/put down coffee
/gets out popcorn
/sitdown
/prepare for another inane post that requires some form of mind altering substance to grasp

KJ
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
That aircraft carrier looks like the USS Flagg. I always wanted that toy.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6547|EUtopia | Austria

ATG wrote:

thtthht wrote:

50 tons?
So to say, the Titanic was about three times a school bus, right?

Uhm...
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6769|Rotherham, England
Just pull the plug out!

Emergency Over
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
lol & you thinking the titanic was 50 tons. More like 500tons you muppet. if not 5000
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
its called scale, and to use it correctly, you need to use dimensional analysis, which amounts to getting rid of all units involved, thus making a dimensionless constant. it's a pain in the ass and if you're not very careful you can fuck it up real bad.

and naturally, the earth will get devoured, and the sun will explode because it just can't believe what it saw.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head

Vilham wrote:

lol & you thinking the titanic was 50 tons. More like 500tons you muppet. if not 5000
Let's say, ships of that size are about 50k tons. The Titanic was a little more than 53k tons...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK

Stormscythe wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Let's say, ships of that size are about 50k tons. The Titanic was a little more than 53k tons...
Im sure thats right. his 50 tons was kinda a bit off... by 5000 times. A car is 1 ton which would mean the titanic would have to be tiny. Infact I think my friends yacht is 40 tons. So lol...
ATG
Banned

Vilham wrote:

Stormscythe wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Im sure thats right. his 50 tons was kinda a bit off... by 5000 times. A car is 1 ton which would mean the titanic would have to be tiny. Infact I think my friends yacht is 40 tons. So lol...
k fine. Slashes wrist about casual weight statement.

As the ship starts it will simply move across the water. But as it gains speed the reverse current would have the effect of either slowing and eventually stalling the boat, or it would skim across the surface independant of the current with its propeller providing ever more and more velocity thereby possibly rending the fabric of space time creating a gateway into a Mobius Continuum type of vortex???

Could happen.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790

ATG wrote:

Why would it create a whirlpool or a vortex?  The propellors (assuming this is not a jet-boat) push the water backwards, not down and round.  So the ship would move forwards.

The weight of the ship and its top speed are meaningless, as is the amount of water, just so long as the keel doesn't scrape along the bottom.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head

ATG wrote:

Slashes wrist about casual weight statement.
EMO!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard