usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6385|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Let me ask you a question.  Being you a pawn, like you said, does that mean you did things that were against your own opinion and/or moral standards?  If so, can you live with that?  I disagree with you most of the time, but you are capable of thinking.  So, how can you accomplish a task that you know is wrong?
What task did I do that was wrong?
You didn't answer, but by task I mean this war or any war, which you don't agree with.
Welcome to life.  I do things at work because my boss says so, it doesn't matter what my opinion is.  I have never done anything against my morals, so I really can't answer that.  As for war, I joined the Corps in 1995, and took an oath....and I stuck by it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

What task did I do that was wrong?
You didn't answer, but by task I mean this war or any war, which you don't agree with.
Welcome to life.  I do things at work because my boss says so, it doesn't matter what my opinion is.  I have never done anything against my morals, so I really can't answer that.  As for war, I joined the Corps in 1995, and took an oath....and I stuck by it.
I know you took the oath, but every soldier/marine is also a person.  So, beyond your duty, you sure have personal opinions about the war or the orders that are given to you.  You said it before, you are just a pawn, but what would you do if the orders they give you are against your morals or the war you are fighting is against your opinion?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6385|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I know you took the oath, but every soldier/marine is also a person.  So, beyond your duty, you sure have personal opinions about the war or the orders that are given to you.  You said it before, you are just a pawn, but what would you do if the orders they give you are against your morals or the war you are fighting is against your opinion?
If an order is illegal, it is my duty not to follow it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

But who says what is legal and what is not in a war?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6385|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I can say murdering a family is against my morals for example.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Ok, I agree, that would be against my morals too.  I don't know your rank, so I'll say if your boss orders you to kill a family, you would refuse to do it.  What would happen then?  I'm seriously asking to learn how does the USMC work.  What if your boss says they were a valid military target, with info provided by your intelligence?  How do you defend yourself in that case?  How do you prove you did the right thing?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6385|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ok, I agree, that would be against my morals too.  I don't know your rank, so I'll say if your boss orders you to kill a family, you would refuse to do it.  What would happen then?  I'm seriously asking to learn how does the USMC work.  What if your boss says they were a valid military target, with info provided by your intelligence?  How do you defend yourself in that case?  How do you prove you did the right thing?
I would refuse, he would get mad.  Then it would be up to a court to decide.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

I would refuse, he would get mad.  Then it would be up to a court to decide.
In other words you would risk your career before betraying your morals.  I respect that.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK
In England it would be more than risking your career you would end up with minimum of like 3 years for disobeying orders.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6664|Peoria
All I gotta say is this.

I sold my car because I couldn't afford gas for it...And mine was a Japanese car that got 32 MPG, not an SUV or Truck.

It doesn't matter how much money we pour into Iraq, gas is NEVER going to get cheaper. Economics says that if people are willing to pay $3 a gallon, they'll pay no matter what.

In the meantime, I have to wait at least another 5 years until I can afford a car again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard