silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6428|San Antonio, TX
Is anyone else sick of American studios remaking everything?  From TV to movies, to TV shows made into movies, it seems like there's no originality anymore.

My co-worker gives me passes to see movies (pre-screenings).   Next week I get to choose between The Hitcher, or Pan's Labyrinth.  Now am I going to choose the remake of The Hitcher, or something fresh and original.  What's really sad is The Hitcher is from the Producers of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  So these clowns are profiting from old movies that were successful.

I loved the original Hitcher.  I thought it was awesome.  Rutger Hauer was awesome as the baddy.  I have no desire to see the re-make, partly because I know what SHOULD happen, and I know I'm just going to get pissed because they change the story.  Although, I must admit, Sean Bean makes a good bad guy.

TV shows too... The Office, Deal or No Deal, Ugly Betty, nothing new.  All of these shows are remakes.  But the studios cram it down or throats like they're Gods and we should be thankful that they are so creative.  I'm sick of all of this regurgitated crap.  Give me something new!

Vent on...
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6541|Valhalla
The remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" kicked ass, much better than the original. But yeah I do think Hollywood is running out of ideas very quickly hence all the sequals nobody wanted e.g. "Rocky 6"

Last edited by loonitic (2007-01-11 09:44:23)

Archer
rapes face
+161|6430|Canuckistan

loonitic wrote:

The remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" kicked ass, much better than the original. But yeah I do think Hollywood is running out of ideas very quickly
Timantha
Not useless, just use-impaired
+11|6565|Toledo, OH
That's probably why I don't watch TV during prime time.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

silo1180 wrote:

My co-worker gives me passes to see movies (pre-screenings).   Next week I get to choose between The Hitcher, or Pan's Labyrinth.  Now am I going to choose the remake of The Hitcher, or something fresh and original.  What's really sad is The Hitcher is from the Producers of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  So these clowns are profiting from old movies that were successful.

I loved the original Hitcher.  I thought it was awesome.  Rutger Hauer was awesome as the baddy.  I have no desire to see the re-make, partly because I know what SHOULD happen, and I know I'm just going to get pissed because they change the story.  Although, I must admit, Sean Bean makes a good bad guy.
Poor decision. Go and see Pans Labyrinth - it's brilliant. Possibly the best film of last year.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard