IsaacLeavitt
+24|6383
so most of us hate the EMP anti air missiles... so i have a cool idea. instead of making the engines turn off when you get hit by EMP make it so the Gunship cant fire while its EMPed, and make its shields turn off... it would make ground/air teamwork more vital... sound good?
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6579

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

so most of us hate the EMP anti air missiles... so i have a cool idea. instead of making the engines turn off when you get hit by EMP make it so the Gunship cant fire while its EMPed, and make its shields turn off... it would make ground/air teamwork more vital... sound good?
Dude, they already nerfed EMP's enough last patch.

Quit your whining and adapt. Fly higher, learn where the AA is and stick a building between you and the emplacement.

There are so many ways to avoid EMP's, and you want a nerf? No your idea doesn't sound good to put it nicely. It just sounds like you should go learn how to fly better.
Volatile
+252|6736|Sextupling in Empire

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

... sound good?
No.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6780|Mark it zero.

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

Quit your whining and adapt. Fly higher, learn where the AA is and stick a building between you and the emplacement.

There are so many ways to avoid EMP's, and you want a nerf? No your idea doesn't sound good to put it nicely. It just sounds like you should go learn how to fly better.
well put. its so easy to fly around the AA if you know where it is
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6794|Oregon, USA
I don't think you comprehend what an EMP actually does.

Electro-Magnetic Pulse. Means ALL electronic systems are fried. Not just your firing mechanisms.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6591
IsaacLeavitt = Sorry excuse for a heli whore? If EMP's are annoying you that much, put you feet on the ground and fight like a man.
Zefar
+116|6681|Sweden

Kamikaze17 wrote:

well put. its so easy to fly around the AA if you know where it is
AA got one hella of a reach thou and there is always enough AA to cover the whole map.

Anyway the AA are fine now imo. They are most anoying on Minsk.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6558|Singapore
you should see what a REAL EMP does to choppers.....the whole chopper just drops and crashes or stop functioning forever..
Zefar
+116|6681|Sweden

jkohlc wrote:

you should see what a REAL EMP does to choppers.....the whole chopper just drops and crashes or stop functioning forever..
I'd say it last longer than 1-2 seconds to. Though we are in the future and they might have a defence againts it.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6617|Montreal
lol AA EMP is useless its nothing to be scared of it at all. Just fly above 200 feet you'll be fine. If someone is locked onto you just start flying up and out of there. No biggie.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6764|Germany, near Koblenz
Yes, the EMP effect has to be fixed, I want to get the kills when I force the heli to crash.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6566|Edmonton Alberta
we tested out the emp one night in an empty server and the range on those emp missles are 600m!!!!! now thats fucking ridiculous and thats the reason why the aa covers the whole entire map
Bernadictus
+1,055|6769

straz_mataz wrote:

we tested out the emp one night in an empty server and the range on those emp missles are 600m!!!!! now thats fucking ridiculous and thats the reason why the aa covers the whole entire map
So? Enough buildings to hide behind, fly through obstacles, learn to evade, sharp turns, loops.
Don't nerf, adapt.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6566|Edmonton Alberta

Bernadictus wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

So? Enough buildings to hide behind, fly through obstacles, learn to evade, sharp turns, loops.
Don't nerf, adapt.
oh yes its quite easy to evade a walker and two aa emplacements that are both on other sides of the map shooting at you on shuhia taibia yes on verdun its not as easy?
oh i have pretty much completely stopped playing 2142 about a month ago.... its boring as hell and everything is nerfed to begin with and the lag is horrible on 64 player servers//// the only good things in 2142 are the walkers and transport whoring

but seriously though 600m emp's? when the tv missle only goes 350m IMO thats unbalanced
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6383

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

IsaacLeavitt wrote:

thanks for the feedback but i personaly dont have much of a problem with the EMP AA... i just keep hearing everyone else bitching about it... so i had this random thought lol about the EMP...

maybe it would be good on the walkers only????
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6383
Oh and i find the best way to evade the emp is to fly low around the obstacles, trying to make the EMP hit something else... flying high works too but then they just keep shooting them at u...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard