BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6554|The Land of Claywhore
When they changed the word terrorist to hippie and replaced all the guns with walkie-talkies.Oops..wrong movie.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6526|the Netherlands
all of the above!

I LOVE STARWARS IV ,V ,VI ALOT !!

epi I .... FUBAR ANAKIN
epi II .... ANAKIN (acting like some of this forums WHINING COMPLAINERS HORRIBLE )
epi III .... Expected more of the Jedi vs Clones/sith instead we got Starwars vs the bold and the beautiful

But .... Menace,Clones , Sith do have something .... not like epi IV,V,VI (classic,Excellent,amazing ) different!
too much i guess ...and YEAH I HATE Jedi's end .... very diss-respecting the actor (SHAW) who playes senior Anakin spirit ... Embarrassing !!! and the end tune at the Ewoks just SUCKS !!!

More on this .... i could talk about SW for ever May the force be with you
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6759|Hell, p.o box 666

Episode I: Anakin is a 9 years old, Jar-Jar Binks, Maul´s death
Episode II: Hayden Christian played like a ragdoll, the Lovestory sucks, Jango Fett´s death
Episode III: Anakins step to the dark side was too strange, too less story about the Jedi´s fall
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6529|Singapore
when that four armed sith gets killed by a damned blaster pistol? i was expecting more action...
Slayer
---hates you

This general grievous (sp?) thingy? Well, this character failed anyways with his french accent and all the coughing... useless.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6552|UK

Nah, the original three hold there own, did the fellowship of the ring mean that you couldnt be arsed sitting through another 3 hours of motherfuckinhobits!?  Each film stood on there own, my ultimate favourite was 'A new hope', after seeing the new three that didnt change (they did kind of suck) and in no way influenced my own person perceptions of films made like 20 years before these money monster prequals.  Phantom meance was better than what most people give it credit for, liam neson brought a bit of class to the films, attack of the clones and revenge of the syth sucked, that guy who played anikan cant act to save himself.  If anything he ruined the new ones, and mr mgregor isnt my fav actor either.

I think the main problem with the prequals is/was, we all had our own perceptions of how the trilogy came into being, how the empire was created blah blah, and lucas didnt share your vision, so your obviously going to be disapointed, and its never going to match your imagination.

Martyn
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6635|Germany
That they killed all Jedies.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6522|Adelaide, South Australia

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

they put chewbacca in the third one.

silo1180 wrote:

Also couldn't stand the frankensteinish "NOOOOOOO" from Vader @ the end of Ep III.  Just seemed very cheesy.
These were the worst, apart from the general annoyingness of most of the characters.

Stealth42o wrote:

Greedo did shirt first.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6540|Chicago

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Queen Amidala didn't show enough skin as compared to Princess Leia. =x
Mmm, good point. Natalie Portman in that metal slave outfit from episode VI?... I need to take a bathroom break.

Alright, I'm good.

What ruined it for me was the cheesy love story between Anakin and Amidala. I mean, come on, is it really neccessary to have Anakin feeling up the queen's dress with this roboclaw every minute?!
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6540|Chicago

Sl4y3r wrote:

This general grievous (sp?) thingy? Well, this character failed anyways with his french accent and all the coughing... useless.
All the coughing was because, evidently, General Grievous (VERY CLEVER NAME, BTW. Are we just going to start naming villains "Mr. Bad"?) was originally a man, but was horribly hurt, and his vital organs were put into a robotic shell. When he gets shot, he gets shot in what appears to be the heart. I don't know why that starts on fire, though. Just a poorly produced character from the beginning.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6425|San Antonio, TX

RedTwizzler wrote:

Sl4y3r wrote:

All the coughing was because, evidently, General Grievous (VERY CLEVER NAME, BTW. Are we just going to start naming villains "Mr. Bad"?) was originally a man, but was horribly hurt, and his vital organs were put into a robotic shell. When he gets shot, he gets shot in what appears to be the heart. I don't know why that starts on fire, though. Just a poorly produced character from the beginning.
In Clone Wars (the lead in to the Ep III on CartoonNetwork, Grievous had already killed a lot of the Jedi and was collecting their lightsabers as souveniers.  At the end of the CW series he came accross Obi-Wan and Anakin.  They had Grievous beat, and while he was retreating Obi-Wan used the force to crush Grievous abdomen.

That's why he was coughing and weak in the movie, he was already damaged.
Slayer
---hates you

ok silo, thanks for this info. I guess I have to watch the cartoons again (I only remember the last battle of Obi, Anakin vs. Grievous)... Anyways, the french accent and the coughing sucks.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6658|Brisbane, Australia

Ill tell you what ruined starwars for me.

A fanboy in 7th grade with me crazy about starwars and starwars figurenes.

That also ruined Ebay for me.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6699|NJ
ONe of my biggest pet peeves about it as well is that they didn't really create any new main charaters other then Jar-jar who was aweful. They just relied on the old charaters which took away alot from them in the old ones.

They Gave R2D2 rocket packs?? what the hell is that and he was running around killing droid that were created to fight?

And the story line was to complicated in the new three, so much stuff Just didn't make any sense..

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2007-01-10 07:04:02)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6767|mansfield
the thing that ruined star wars for me is the whole star wars films. cos there dog shit !!
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6545|Texas - Bigger than France
Star Wars is for kids.  I loved them when I was growing up.  But after I grew up and was like "this is cheesy" when the new movies came out.  Then I rented the old movies, and they were cheesy too.

On the other hand, my sister's kids can't get enough of the stuff.

So if it's ruined for you, congrats on growing up...now get a job and move out of your parents house.

Last edited by Pug (2007-01-10 08:42:55)

ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6477|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
i dno about you guys, but i liked the new 3 films alot better than the old 3
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6748|Houston, TX

ELITE-UK wrote:

i dno about you guys, but i liked the new 3 films alot better than the old 3
Would you happen to be under the age of 23?

KJ
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6609|Parainen, Finland
Han Solo is the biggest reason!!!!

I wish that Greedo would have done his job better......

And that the Sith loses all the time... They are the good guys!!!!

I loved everything that they did, they killed all those losers!!!!
spikes14
+25|6400
the fact that they made 4,5 and 6 before 1,2 and 3. i cant be asked to watch them coz it confuses me!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6777|Noizyland

The first trilogy was okay, y'know, it was made ages ago so one can't critisise the styles used at the time, really it was incredible.
What ruined Star Wars for me:
- Jar Jar Binks
- Jake Lloyd
- The coolest character, (Maul,) being killed straight away.
- George Lucas' complete lack of any directorial skills.
- Hayden Christensen
- Shitty love plot.
- The scene where a Storm Trooper actor knocked himself out on the set was digitally edited out of the later releases of the original trilogy.
- Too many bloody Maoris!

And there are probably more...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6844
Star Wars Rox
cospengle
+140|6490|Armidale, NSW, Australia

silo1180 wrote:

Jar-Jar... horrible character!  Other than that, the new three were too long and a little slow in parts.  But I'm glad the story is FINALLY complete.

Also couldn't stand the frankensteinish "NOOOOOOO" from Vader @ the end of Ep III.  Just seemed very cheesy.

As I grew older and watched, Luke kinda gets on my nerves.  He's a huge whiner!  And he really doesn't do THAT much.  I mean really, Vader killed the Emporer because Luke was too weak.  All he did was hang there and cry to daddy.
I agree. But I'ld also like to point out that the older episodes were quite cheesy too (it just didn't seem that way at the time. Every episode where the Rebels win there is an award ceremony. Hollywood endings FTW!
Johnathan.Heart
Go Heart or go home!
+4|6630|Muenster.Germany
It is simpel to lovely all these nice figures a la Jajabings however.I mean he`s cool or stupid however but thats not starwars in the real meaning is my opinion.Or the new computer technics destroy the old style. They would show what they can but that is a shot backwards.

Last edited by Johnathan.Heart (2007-01-10 17:04:52)

SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6414|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
I absolutely adore Star Wars. It was never really ruined for me.
I won't bother talking about the IV, V and VI, because those are just awesome. To forestall any Greedo arguments, Rodians aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

EP I: I know Jar Jar Binks was probably the most annoying thing in the world to a lot of you, but personally, I couldn't help but like him for how ridiculous he was. Anakin was a bit iffy for me too. Qui-Gon is one of my favorite Jedis. Sucks he dies. Darth Maul was by far the coolest Sith Lord ever(fyi he didn't die after falling in the shaft on Naboo. Obi-Wan actually kills him when Maul comes back to Tatooine to kill Luke).

EP II: Stupid fucking Hayden Christensen. Stop being so useless at emotions(mom . me angry. grrr. *kills*....sigh). Dooku/Tyrannus was a bit corny as well. Obi-Wan's mullet.... You're a Jedi dumbnut. Look the part. Loved Jango. Arena battle was awesome.

EP III: Hayden. Again. But worse this time around. Love story sucked BALLS. They didn't give Natalie Portman a big enough role either dammit. Her lines sucked too(cry, whine, be sad, repeat). The clichés. OMFG they were hilarious. Obi-Wan's Superman pose as he disembarks the ship on Mustafar was my favorite.In close second is Palpatine when he's chewing his hand and saying YESsss...YESSSS and laughs maniacally. What are you having? An orgasm? My most hated was Anakin's wail. NOOOOOOOOOOO*flails arms in the air*. Fucking retard. The action is what saved the movie.Space battles and saber fights FTW.  The other part is the fall of the Jedi. And Yoda.

In all...the prequels are a 7/10 for me. It left something to be desired but hey, thats what books are for.

Oh and yeah...im a SW fan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard