Entertayner
+826|6560

Hmm, it's been announced..

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

So, I was reading through the site and found this..

Apple wrote:

Built-in Advanced Sensors

iPhone’s accelerometer detects when you rotate the device from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the contents of the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a web page or a photo in its proper landscape aspect ratio.

The proximity sensor detects when you lift iPhone to your ear and immediately turns off the display to save power and prevent inadvertent touches until iPhone is moved away.

An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness to the appropriate level for the current ambient light, thereby enhancing the user experience and saving power at the same time.
lol
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6586|Seattle

ZOMG IT HAS SENSORS!!!!1?

What will apple think of next...
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6613|Birmingham, UK
Bah! You're over an hour too late!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2007-01-09 12:06:12)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6759|AUS, Canberra
looks more like the Ibrick
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6619|Washington, DC

Aaaaand it's only on Cingular. Hey Apple, me and the 57 million subscribers that make up the second-largest cellphone network all give you a big, hearty, Verizon

fuck you
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6674|Espoo, Finland
Didn't some other company release a phone by the name of iPhone some time ago?
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6613|Birmingham, UK

Gawwad wrote:

Cisco patented it. Someone else has a VOIP system called iPhone. Cisco sorted things out with Apple just beforehand.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6674|Espoo, Finland

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Cisco patented it. Someone else has a VOIP system called iPhone. Cisco sorted things out with Apple just beforehand.
Cool, I'm not crazy then

I bet it was an accident their product name sounded a bit Aplish
Entertayner
+826|6560

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Bah! You're over an hour too late!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/
That doesn't make me late!

I was first to post it here.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6680|Devon, England
Apple try too hard.

Do any of those features really help the average person? It looks too big aswell, I thought Apple were always for design etc. but that's just big (I'm a Apple hater).
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6711|Oregon
they look awesome. i didnt want to get a phone with an mp3 player on it, as the quality sucks. i would rather have an ipod with a phone on it. great concept. i was all over this. i was gonna get one.

then i saw the pricetag. ouch.
autopilot
banned
+115|6337

Entertayner wrote:

That doesn't make me late!

I was first to post it here.
All that matters!

*Doesn't get it*

Just sensors, scary!
and btw, who wants to predict a flop with me? I think it's an all or nothing attempt by apple...
Entertayner
+826|6560

FFLink13 wrote:

Apple try too hard.

Do any of those features really help the average person? It looks too big aswell, I thought Apple were always for design etc. but that's just big (I'm a Apple hater).
(You didn't need to explain that to us)
Hurricane
Banned

FFLink13 wrote:

Apple try too hard.

I think the features make it well worth the price. It's just the Cingular thing that turns me off. Needs to be universal, AKA pop in a prepaid SIM card when I go to somewhere like the UK. It's apparently lagging behind in terms of networking. This is all based off of Macrumors.com btw.

The most annoying thing is the built-in camera. The "camera" phones (the "camera" in their moniker is an insult to real photography) have the shittiest stabilization ever, which is bad because since it's hip to make phones as small as credit cards your phone is even more prone to vibrations/stabilization. The camera is also shitty. 2MP? Please. I really wish they had a camera-less version, I'm sure it'd cut at least $100 from the price. I got a standalone camera for a reason, and that's to take actual photos.

Other than those small big gripes, it looks pretty cool. I might save up for it, though I really <3 my current iPod nano.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6612|Camp XRay

https://images.apple.com/iphone/images/indexhero20070109.jpg

i still want one. will go great with my macbook pro and g4 tower.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Entertayner
+826|6560

THA wrote:

looks more like the Ibrick
http://www.flickr.com/photos/freshyill/ … 469945106/
autopilot
banned
+115|6337

Marlboroman82 wrote:

http://images.apple.com/iphone/images/i … 070109.jpg

I'll bet your going to get lots of chicks with that! A line you could use:
"I can lift an iPhone with my left hand!"

or:

"Want to see my big black thingy tonight?"  [/bad jokes]

I just have problems respecting apple users because of the average user of it today
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6674|Espoo, Finland

Hurricane wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Apple try too hard.

I think the features make it well worth the price. It's just the Cingular thing that turns me off. Needs to be universal, AKA pop in a prepaid SIM card when I go to somewhere like the UK. It's apparently lagging behind in terms of networking. This is all based off of Macrumors.com btw.

The most annoying thing is the built-in camera. The "camera" phones (the "camera" in their moniker is an insult to real photography) have the shittiest stabilization ever, which is bad because since it's hip to make phones as small as credit cards your phone is even more prone to vibrations/stabilization. The camera is also shitty. 2MP? Please. I really wish they had a camera-less version, I'm sure it'd cut at least $100 from the price. I got a standalone camera for a reason, and that's to take actual photos.

Other than those small big gripes, it looks pretty cool. I might save up for it, though I really <3 my current iPod nano.
Phone cameras are great! I don't carry my camera around if I'm not photographing, but I always have my phone with me. It's great for taking pictures of memorable events. You don't need more than 1mp for that.
autopilot
banned
+115|6337

Gawwad wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Apple try too hard.

Phone cameras are great! I don't carry my camera around if I'm not photographing, but I always have my phone with me. It's great for taking pictures of memorable events. You don't need more than 1mp for that.
Memorable events such as hangings and dead bodies?

I have a 1.3 MP camera on my phone and I have used it about 20 times in a year, not worth it in my opinion.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6674|Espoo, Finland

autopilot wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Memorable events such as hangings and dead bodies?

I have a 1.3 MP camera on my phone and I have used it about 20 times in a year, not worth it in my opinion.
Well, to have memorable events (or moments. What ever, I don't speak english as a first language) you have to:
-Get out
-Hang with your friends (no, not the hanging party)
-Have imagination

I use the cam on my phone all the time. It's nice to capture the funny moments when you don't have your camera around.
Entertayner
+826|6560

Yuhuh, I hardly ever go out and I use my camera phone like constantly.
Hurricane
Banned

I wear 'cargo' pants (pants with two sets of pockets a lot. The standard ones near the waist, and then big ones near the knees) so I can carry a phone, an iPod, a wallet, and my camera. Honestly, if I have the cash I'll get the iPhone (and if it's not under Comcastingular... I mean Cingular) even though it has a useless phone camera. I'll just never use it, like I do with my current camera's "phone."

The most annoying thing is that I don't know how to transfer photos from my camera to my computer. No bluetooth on either one, and I don't think I can send it by phone to my email address. But that's aside the point cause the photos are horrid. 2MP isn't that bad now that I think about it, but it doesn't hold a candle to the white balance, manual mode, and 7MP of my Canon.

I'll be eagerly awaiting more from Apple, AKA letting me use it on any other network that I want, and letting me use SIM Cards globally. Why they're using EDGE instead of 3G is beyond me too, and also strange that the thing comes out in Europe and Asia 12 months later EVEN THOUGH THOSE MARKETS ARE FAR LARGER THAN THE US'S MOBILE MARKET. Thinking of the "logic" behind that choice brings back memories of that "Stupid americans" video that was posted yesterday.

I like Apple's products, and this looks promising. I honestly don't even care much about EDGE v. 3G (All I know is 3G is somehow better than EDGE). I just want to be able to use the phone on my current carrier, and not have to pay so much cash for it.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-01-09 14:31:34)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6612|Camp XRay

autopilot wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

http://images.apple.com/iphone/images/i … 070109.jpg

I'll bet your going to get lots of chicks with that! A line you could use:
"I can lift an iPhone with my left hand!"

or:

"Want to see my big black thingy tonight?"  [/bad jokes]

I just have problems respecting apple users because of the average user of it today
avg user, what does the avg user base for a hp, dell, or any other main brand pc. christ if that is your argument just go away, or would you like to talk about how apple is only for looks? oh i have any even better one; "well there aren't even any games on it."

look macs aren't for everyone, neither are pc's. the iphone will sell because it looks cool, but it has some really nice features that are lacking on todays smart phones. i have not personally played with one yet, but if it does what they say can then i will be willing to shell the money out for it.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Betrayal
+4|6772|Florida
APPLE IS GAY AS HELL!!!! They make shitty products and everyone falls for them. It's the status quo. Waste of freaking money. They have to make something that attracts people because their computers sure don't.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6837|San Francisco

As much as I cannot stand iPod's, this does look very smooth. Will be interesting to see what kind of issues the first generation of these things have.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard