Poll

Do you believe in afterlife:

Yes, there is more to it than just the world we can see54%54% - 148
No, once you die its Game Over. You cease to exist.45%45% - 125
Total: 273
EVieira
+105|6470|Lutenblaag, Molvania
Is there more to it than this life? When we die do we no longer exist? Are we nothing before we are born? Why are some born "a Senator's son" (Fortunate Son - Creedance) while others can't even buy a pair of sneakers?

What do you think/believe in regarding death and life?

Last edited by EVieira (2007-01-09 07:36:42)

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Wormfood.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon
still not sure......opiate for the masses and all that......but what is supposed to make me feel warm in bed before im about to eat it?
never known about this.....in fact my wife and i sometimes still debate about it....
']['error
Banned
+630|6636|The Netherlands
hope ill be an very rich person who can always affort the newest gaming/computer gear
snuten_i_sjoholmen
+9|6466|Svea Rike
we will go to Valhall and drink lots of mead and eat a big fat pig every day.
Mogura
+17|6354|EUROPE

snuten_i_sjoholmen wrote:

we will go to Valhall and drink lots of mead and eat a big fat pig every day.
you need to be  a great warrior for that ;-)
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Wormfood.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Wormfood.
Steel cofin FTW!!!  Or whatever keeps those mofos out, I am actually thinkin I would probably get buiried with a mobile phone JUST incase, know it sounds weird but the Idea of being trapped in there IF alive scares the shit out of me.  Heard stories about the apparnt near death/ or that story about the woman who twitched while laying in the coffin to be found alive.......  My luck is theres no credit

Martyn
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Bell wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Wormfood.
Steel cofin FTW!!!  Or whatever keeps those mofos out, I am actually thinkin I would probably get buiried with a mobile phone JUST incase, know it sounds weird but the Idea of being trapped in there IF alive scares the shit out of me.  Heard stories about the apparnt near death/ or that story about the woman who twitched while laying in the coffin to be found alive.......  My luck is theres no credit

Martyn
Burried underground, I'd say you're unlikely to get reception.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

Aye thanks, phone line put in then, bah screw the tech!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Yes, I absolutely believe there is something out there.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

ATG wrote:

Yes, I absolutely believe there is something out there.
Ah, but that's not exactly the question.

I can respect the belief that there is something out there, while I don't share it. I find the concept of the afterlife a bit arrogant really - but very understandable, no one wants to face the end. People are so insignificant why should they matter?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
You all know I believe in the afterlife. 

Concept of the afterlife is arrogant?  I'd agree if we gained a good afterlife by work we do ourselves.  However, that is not the case with Christianity because salvation isn't gained by good works.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I don't know, i guess i'll just have to wait and see. Honestly, i have no idea. Can't even comprehend it to be honest.
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
Of course there is something else after you die.  Too many people have crossed from death to that world and seen people, conversed, interacted, and reported back upon being revived.  I've read several books about going "beyond the veil."  I also have my personal witness that it exists.  It's not even a debate for me to know there is life after this, just as there was before this.  It's sad that sooo many people limit their lives because they have no clue about the eternal nature of their souls.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2007-01-09 11:35:32)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

I love afterbirth!

When ou die, you die. That's it. Game over.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra
i reckon its all over and done with.

cant really debate this one as no one on earth knows.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6525|Cardiff
i cant believe that more peeps think that summat happens when u die compared to just rotting :\.

id like to believe but at the end of the day being alive is shit and the only reason were here is to procreate.  so natually im a little skeptical
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Religion overboard week here..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6640|Land of =KBK=
There is an afterlife .. or a different realm that most people can not or refuses to see.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6542|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Yes is winning?!?!? There are some very dissolutioned people on these forums...

Firstly I'd like to point out the title of this post.  It's "afterlife" but many of you are talking about reincarnation.  The after life is any existence after death including heaven and hell, ghosts etc  Reincarnation is being reborn as another person or living thing. 

They're both as ludicrous as each other though.  If you believe in Ghosts I'd advise you stop watching second rate horror movies and read a few books by Derren Brown; here proving that mediums are faking (and thus not talking to the dead)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18NfN76bAs

If you believe in heaven and hell then after seeking psychiatric help, realize that the notion is nothing but an ancient 'carrot & stick' placebo.

As for reincarnation, think about it!  There would have to be exactly the same number of living organisms on the planet at all times.  How has the population grown unless every baby is unique?  The only explanation you can give is you go to heaven and hell and then we're back to the above.....
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
About reincarnation, there is probably life on other planets. Who said it was restricted to this world?

Just giving an answer, not saying i'm beleiving in that. But it sounds cool nonetheless.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Stingray24 wrote:

You all know I believe in the afterlife. 

Concept of the afterlife is arrogant?  I'd agree if we gained a good afterlife by work we do ourselves.  However, that is not the case with Christianity because salvation isn't gained by good works.
That's not at all what I meant.

It's hard to explain without writing loads and loads, which I can't be bothered to do at the moment. By arrogance I meant the assertion that people are special and that there is meaning to everything. Nothing to do with individuals, but the human race as a whole.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

Not so much arogance, as it is a teaching, if not a 'promise' within the bible (somewhere in the back , its in there though) then again since it was written by men we cant completly take it overboard.  Still, I find it hard to imagen that we are all hear by complete accident or random chain of events that took place without there being a begining to it, and perhaps this begining isnt what many religious types (myself included) have been lead to belive, but it all has to start somewhere.  To bad neither argument really can be justifed/proven, to say its beyond human comprehension is no more silly than saying God made the earth in six days.

Martyn
acidkiller187
+123|6622
What is a SOUL then?

Last edited by acidkiller187 (2007-01-09 12:46:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard