unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I remember playing a version of some sort of Golden Axe on an arcade machine at a Seattle bus station a few years ago. One of the selectable characters was a centaur. Ever since, I could never find out which version of the game it was. Anyone have an idea?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-09 06:35:05)

cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.

Wikipedia.com wrote:

In 1992 Sega released Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder (GA: RODA). It was the first 32-bit Golden Axe game. Despite its high quality and popularity, as of May 2006 the game remains arcade exclusive.

Only Gilius Thunderhead makes a return, riding the back of new character Goah the giant. The rest of the cast is all new and includes Sternblade the barbarian, Dora the female Centaur, and Little Trix, a young lad who carries a pitch fork. The main enemy is once again Death Adder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Axe

Wikipedia is your friend.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6652
And if you want to actually play it, MAME and google are also your friends

edit: loved Golden Axe, but I'd never played this version, just had a blast and it's really good...

Last edited by UON (2007-01-09 14:27:10)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

eh. I preferred Double Dragon.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
Bad Dudes!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Wow! More Golden Axe......
+5|6319
I have it on Wii (Downloaded from Virtual Console). Really good beat them up.  Worth the 800 points I spent on it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

cablecopulate wrote:

Wikipedia.com wrote:

In 1992 Sega released Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder (GA: RODA). It was the first 32-bit Golden Axe game. Despite its high quality and popularity, as of May 2006 the game remains arcade exclusive.

Only Gilius Thunderhead makes a return, riding the back of new character Goah the giant. The rest of the cast is all new and includes Sternblade the barbarian, Dora the female Centaur, and Little Trix, a young lad who carries a pitch fork. The main enemy is once again Death Adder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Axe

Wikipedia is your friend.
Must've been a recent update...but then, I only checked there a year ago. Now I'm going to have to get that giant purple arcade board.

That Goah thing though...reminds me of Master Blaster!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-11 19:03:23)

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6493|Sydney, Australia
Golden Axe was an awesome game, I played the old version on Sega Megadrive, it was so fun! But I don't remember any centaur, I just remember the dwarf, the man and the girl.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

I remember having to beat the crap out of the dwarves just to get some health. And riding the dragon things, kicking everyone's arse while you're untouchable.

Not much has changed after 17 years, huh.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Vub wrote:

Golden Axe was an awesome game, I played the old version on Sega Megadrive, it was so fun! But I don't remember any centaur, I just remember the dwarf, the man and the girl.
Yeah. It's on an arcade version, listed on a previous post (thanks to Wikipedia).

Cheez wrote:

I remember having to beat the crap out of the dwarves just to get some health. And riding the dragon things, kicking everyone's arse while you're untouchable.

Not much has changed after 17 years, huh.
Golden Axe is one of my all-time favorite 2D games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard