viper92
+1|6300
hey guys i need some major help. Number one, i got a new graphics card (7800 gs). For some reason it used to recognize my old video card even when i had my new one and the drivers installed correctly. Then once it finally started recognizing my new video card and the graphics were good it lags like a bitch when i have those graphics. Question number two, need help with wireless connection. I use a linksys router with an insight modem. I get really bad connection problems even though im right next to the router. I know i should just not use wireless but i dont have time right now to fix it. Any help would be appreciated
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

device manager --> right click video card and choose 'uninstall'

edit: reboot after uninstall

ewido.com has a great malware scanner

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2007-01-08 19:07:12)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
viper92
+1|6300
ok....and then re-install it?
DA|2KSL4Y3R
BF2s AU Server Admin
+49|6369|Perth, Australia
With your wireless connection, is your problem crazy ping spikes and the message "There is a problem with your connection" every minute or so?
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6644|Canada Eh?
Wireless shouldn't have any issues, most new wireless systems can send and receive data faster than the modem can actually handle.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

DA|2KSL4Y3R wrote:

With your wireless connection, is your problem crazy ping spikes and the message "There is a problem with your connection" every minute or so?
If that's the problem, that's your wireless.  Trust me, I've played on a shitty wireless connection for a year.  If you can't fix it by directly connecting an Ethernet cable to your computer, then you can't do anything else.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
viper92
+1|6300
alright but what about my video card? i get really bad lag when i got my new video card
DA|2KSL4Y3R
BF2s AU Server Admin
Again about the wireless ...
Try turning off Wireless Zero Configuration, which is a service that keeps scanning for wireless networks even when you're already connected, causing lag which is only really noticeable when playing online games (BF2). To turn it off go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and then scroll down until you see Wireless Zero Configuration and stop the service. Then try playing some bf2 and see what it's like.
viper92
+1|6300
alright well i did that..but got a quick question...i have linksys as i already stated and i use that program that comes with the linksys installation to connect wirelessly....i dont use the one on the computer..is that a prob at all?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

In the future please use a more descriptive topic title than "Help." This is spelled out in the rules of the forums that you apparently didn't read, yet agreed to.

Also, please try and post topics in the most relevant forum, which in this case I think Tech is more appropriate.
DA|2KSL4Y3R
BF2s AU Server Admin

viper92 wrote:

alright well i did that..but got a quick question...i have linksys as i already stated and i use that program that comes with the linksys installation to connect wirelessly....i dont use the one on the computer..is that a prob at all?
No, no problem at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard