HM1{N}
+86|6654|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone know what constitutes Ground Defense in BF2142?

Yes I searched before asking...
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6758|Mark it zero.
the railguns. they are the one shot guns that charge up right before they shoot.
Magius5.0
+106|6391|UMass Amherst
Yeah seriously: what happened to mounted machine guns?  Couldn't they mount a shuko or Bianchi on some crates or guard towers?  *wishful thinking*

Wait--yeah, Support guns are powerful enough; it'd be a sin to see them everywhere on the map in the hands of any player.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6595|Montreal
You can use the AA guns against infantry, but it doesnt count as ground defense.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6709|Chch, New Zealand
If your too lazy to get the 200 kills the proper way. If you sit in them while conquest commander. Your orbital Strick kills count towards it.

And for anyones enquiring. I got all my 200 kills the old fashioned way. It was with out a dought A lot of fun on tunis harbour on the middle flag
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6692

Kamikaze17 wrote:

the railguns. they are the one shot guns that charge up right before they shoot.
I can't hurt anything with those. Do they do any damage at all?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6758|Mark it zero.

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

they do an incredible amount of damage. aim for the right part of vehicles and you can take them down in 1 shot. look through the vehicles guides to find these spots. plus if you right click, it is as accurate as a sniper rifle. you can take out snipers over 200m away and whoever is directly in front of you cant shoot you.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6552|Sammamish, WA

Kamikaze17 wrote:

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

they do an incredible amount of damage. aim for the right part of vehicles and you can take them down in 1 shot. look through the vehicles guides to find these spots. plus if you right click, it is as accurate as a sniper rifle. you can take out snipers over 200m away and whoever is directly in front of you cant shoot you.
Hell yes. Don't forget you can zoom in with secondary fire. They're great for taking out infantry and they'll rape vehicles, especially if you can hit a tank from the sides or rear.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6742|Germany, near Koblenz
Astonishingly "Titan Ground Facing" doesn't count towards the ribbon (compared to 2nd seat in a walker counting as AA). So when you don't play conquest mode like me, you have to collect those 200 kills "at the front".

Like it was at BF2, arty and mine kills do count as ground defense kills while sitting at the gun.

It is very helpfull to use a mouse with high dpi and the corresponding switch, since the gun turns very slow (extremly slow while zoomed).

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-01-09 00:50:56)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
sometimes the railgun shot isnt registered by the vehicle...coding ftw...
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6383|Kyiv, Ukraine
Railgun hits, pilot bails, vehicle blows up and pilot dies...you simply [killed] the guy...which I don't think counts for some reason.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6771|Internet!
Use the Rorsch against infantry. Once you get used to it, it's very deadly. Don't even need to zoom.

And ofcourse, it mauls vehicles.

Edit: The deviation is really low, but it doesn't fire directly at the middle of the crosshair. It fires down and to the right of where the center of the crosshair should be. Keep this in mind when aiming.

Last edited by Kanil (2007-01-09 02:18:19)

Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
the rail gun fires to the right, so at close range you have to aim left to compensate. 
Well, thats what i have found, but my kills hours in G-Def are very low.

Ah, sorry, such a long time to post that, i repeated you.

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2007-01-09 02:41:31)

AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6797|Hanging onto the UAV
Rorsch vs infantry is awesome. It 'kills' them too, rather than critically wounding, meaning they ain't getting revived.

I got my ground defense ribbon by picking off infantry on the Conquest version of Suez Canal, sat in the Rorsch in the first EU base nearest the PAC uncap. They just come rushing over the hill in their tanks and buggies...none of them made it any further. 
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6503|Russia

Kanil wrote:

Use the Rorsch against infantry. Once you get used to it, it's very deadly. Don't even need to zoom.

And ofcourse, it mauls vehicles.

Edit: The deviation is really low, but it doesn't fire directly at the middle of the crosshair. It fires down and to the right of where the center of the crosshair should be. Keep this in mind when aiming.
Totally agree.

It's an insta-gib weapon for infantry shooting. I was able to get 15-20 in-a-row kill streaks (gun near Silo 4 on Sidi Power Plant is especially nice). You can also kill walkers in one shot (knee joints), tanks (rear vents), APCs (rear vents).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard