Poll

Do you think we have way too many topics/polls about religion?

Yes64%64% - 78
No17%17% - 21
The CP option; go fuck yourself18%18% - 22
Total: 121
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

It seems like everywhere I look at the moment we have some topic about something vaguely religion related. How about we find something more interesting to talk about?
namelostonthetoilet
+2|6347
i like sex, lets talk about that
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6658|Norway
lmao
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6531|Istanbul-Turkey
yes
Mogura
+17|6372|EUROPE
lets talk about bullshit,.... its still more usefull than religion
EVieira
+105|6488|Lutenblaag, Molvania
Yes. The irony is that most of these topics were created by fanatical atheists trying to prove the bible wrong and denouncing religion in general as the source of all evil...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6703|San Francisco
Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.  If you don't like the topics, don't post or read in them.  Post something that you figure will be a topic of serious talk or debate.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Marconius wrote:

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.  If you don't like the topics, don't post or read in them.  Post something that you figure will be a topic of serious talk or debate.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6542|Doncaster - UK
Index » Debate and Serious Talk » Do you think we have way too many topics/polls about religion?
The irony being you just made another one.

But, yes in the way that they never really seem to amount to anything, as peoples views on the subject are rarely changed, and less so in by a Internet forum.  So lts not worth bothering, most of the time.

however, the golden rule applies to this, don't read them.  Provided that they are in the right section and given good titles, they are easy to avoid.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

EVieira wrote:

Yes. The irony is that most of these topics were created by fanatical atheists trying to prove the bible wrong and denouncing religion in general as the source of all evil...
What does a fanatical atheist constitute?

Marconius wrote:

QFT.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-01-08 08:58:58)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656

Marconius wrote:

That's not very tolerant. I take your advice by not reading or caring about most of them though. It's just silly how many of them there are.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

That's not very tolerant. I take your advice by not reading or caring about most of them though. It's just silly how many of them there are.
You weren't very tolerant the other day calling me all this BS.

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Do you ever wonder why people call you anti-american?
It's not people, just 2 wackos.
Where is the anti-American comment here?  I think you have comprehension issues to solve.  Why would I want America to be invaded by China if I have relatives and friends living there and I don't know any Chinese.
Comprehension issues??? READ YOUR FUCKING POST YOU IGNORANT TWAT. I grow tired of your bullshit with every post. If Argentina were invaded I would say fuck the "dipshits" and "assholes" from that country.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-01-08 09:16:33)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
Null.

Topics go in cycles.
If you find nothing of interest create your own thread.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6703|San Francisco
Oh, I must have missed something here...a topic about stopping the formation of other topics just because one person doesn't like to see so many of them on a forum...and you call me intolerant?  Aiya...

Tolerance is allowing for the threads to be made.  You have the freedom to read them, and have the freedom to NOT read them.  You have the freedom to post them or to not post them.  If I decided to just start deleting every single religious thread here, that would be intolerance, yes?

If the threads were duplicates, they'd be taken care of, but the issue is each realm of discussion has so many facets that all of them cannot be taken on by one thread alone.  I actually care about the topics I take part in here.  Debating is something I really like to do to keep up with the public discourse.  If you don't care about what is in this section, then perhaps I should just instate an invite only system (like this was in the first place) so you don't have to bother with all of this...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

Marconius wrote:

Oh, I must have missed something here...a topic about stopping the formation of other topics just because one person doesn't like to see so many of them on a forum...and you call me intolerant?  Aiya...

Tolerance is allowing for the threads to be made.  You have the freedom to read them, and have the freedom to NOT read them.  You have the freedom to post them or to not post them.  If I decided to just start deleting every single religious thread here, that would be intolerance, yes?

If the threads were duplicates, they'd be taken care of, but the issue is each realm of discussion has so many facets that all of them cannot be taken on by one thread alone.  I actually care about the topics I take part in here.  Debating is something I really like to do to keep up with the public discourse.  If you don't care about what is in this section, then perhaps I should just instate an invite only system (like this was in the first place) so you don't have to bother with all of this...
Tolerance and common sense are very scarce resources my friend.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6371|Vancouver
I enjoy them. They are quite deep in philosophy and learning. Nothing wrong with too many.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida
No way. I was put on this earth by mother nature and my parents (NOT by god) to convince people that religion is the downfall of our majorly advancing culture. Plain and simple.
15 more years! 15 more years!
EVieira
+105|6488|Lutenblaag, Molvania

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

No way. I was put on this earth by mother nature and my parents (NOT by god) to convince people that religion is the downfall of our majorly advancing culture. Plain and simple.
You are being just as intolerant as any fanatical. Seems the atheists/agnostics of this forum are more dedicated to converting people than the religious ones. Pretty ironic...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker

Drakef wrote:

I enjoy them. They are quite deep in philosophy and learning. Nothing wrong with too many.
Agree +1
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6694|United States of America

Drakef wrote:

They CAN be but usually are not. Most of them are full of one-liner assholes who just want to offend people. However, I shan't drop any names here.

Last edited by DesertFox423 (2007-01-08 16:35:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Marconius wrote:

Actually, my particular complaint would be the amount of religious topics on the same subject posted in such close succession to one another. However, serious religious topics usually deal with a particular question, so the problem isn't large enough to justify a poll about it.

I propose a "religion vs. atheism" sticky to eliminate some of the excess content.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-08 17:40:43)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I propose a "religion vs. atheism" sticky to eliminate some of the excess content.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=59170
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Gotcha.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Gotcha.
There are too many topics about religion.  Then put a sticky for religion, another for American Politics, another for Middle East, we have the Israel and Palestine already, and there you go, you will have 4 threads only.  It's not a discussion between religious and atheists.  For instance I opened a poll about the meaning of the Bible.  There was another about the Free Will and religion.  I think religious persons in this forum take it personal when someone who isn't talks about religion.  The fact is religion is indeed one of the most interesting topics discussed in here, why would you limit it like they did with Israel?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard