Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6369|Vancouver
I have little hope anyone here has played the game, a grand strategy game, but I wouldn't find seeing if anyone has. Fantastic game that has taken many hours from me (Hey, I work and have friends, too!).
Hawk390
+27|6651|Melbourne, Australia
i play it. The most fun is leading your little south american nation to world domination, there is nothing better. GO MY GLORIOUS COSTA RICAN SOLDIERS! TO VICTORY FOR YOUR GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND! BURN THE GERMANS! though i like the new stuff tehy have put in in hoi2, i do prefer some of the old stuff from the first hoi, like being able to build factories/forts/aa etc in provinces without them being added to your production menu, which is really pissful cos early game you have to build up your IC and not your army, and all you want to do is build that grand army you always imagined and lead it to victory.

anyway, totally agree with you, a fantastic game, for the armchair general in all of us!
namelostonthetoilet
+2|6345
i play it but i dont dont know how to build large armies?? seems to take too much time
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6487|Trondheim, Norway
Sounds cool, is it good (the first one)? What armies are in it, and what is the story? And does it need good specs?
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6369|Vancouver
The game begins on January 1, 1936. All nations in the world are playable, all with varying degrees of industry and military might. Mostly, however, it is a Second World War grand strategy game that with appropriate actions, you can influence to your own design, or just stay the course and win gloriously. Want to invade Great Britain as Germany? You can! It relies on your ability to manage your economy and create an industry dedicated to increasing your military might, on land, sea, and air. You must research new technologies, from better infantry and artillery, to secret weapons such as nuclear bombs and jet airplanes! With tactical skill you can defeat your enemy, whomever you choose to declare war on. From Luxembourg to the Soviet Union, all nations are available, but the best are the industrial nations of Europe, Asia and North America. As Hawk390 said, tiny South American nations can expand in wars of imperialism, and thusly increase their industrial capacity.

Personally, I enjoy Canada, for its capacity to create whatever army you wish (since it has nothing to begin with), France and its aims to restore their nation as the Free French, Finland, my ancesteral homeland in its struggle against the Soviet Union, or even Hungary. My Hungarian empires were legendary.
Hawk390
+27|6651|Melbourne, Australia
i played the Greeks in the first game and restored the empire of Alexander, and a little more, spreading from Germany to India and then onwards to Siam, the paths you can take in teh game are so many and so varied. If you can take the steep learning curve you will find a very deep game and finally create that empire you've always wanted.

Right now for me, its good ol' Mexico, i have a massive army pushing into southern America and a smaller one taking the smaller Central american nations. good stuff.
ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6565|Bikini Bottom Germany
Once you managed the game mechanics, it's awesome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard