Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
My clan just had a match against one of the top three clans in the clanbase tournament. We lost. In fact, i have never seen someone be so good at a game. They have perfect accuracy and excellent teamplay. Everywhere you were there was always two of their players shooting at you. They had there armour vehicles being repaired constantly. And their discipline, they stuck to one place all the time and didn't let us through. Our clan have decided that we are gonna start practicing alot more without unlocks to get better. How often does your clan practice?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6720|Chicago.
The WOoKies have only recently got into real competition (although I am not a part of this, yet), other than small matches with other sniper clans. We don't officially practice, rather a few members will get together and go play a few rounds on a random server of our own choosing. The love of the game and our constant improvement through playing other players online has led to your skills, and frankly, I think we're doing quite well.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6393|Canuckistan
I am a clanless faggot.

I need a group of nuccas to hang out with :'(
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6322|uk

I used to play for [MPUK] (Multiplay UK), who at the time was in the top 5 infantry, and top 5 in Conquest.

I personally think training as a clan is pointless. It only teaches you the tactics. Just read through them on forums etc, know what you have to do and you are fine.

We didn't have a clan training session, every player just had to play what their role was for at least 1 hour a week. infantry would go on WAIB, chopper team would have a match in the chopper 2v2 ladder etc etc.

The tactics had been the same since day 1, everyone knew the tactics from every match off by heart. Before the match it would just be x does y z does z etc etc. And everyone knew the role.

The things that make a clan win a match are...

- A commander/ leader that can organise a team, and lead them throughout the match.
- A group of people that a disciplined, will not run off, know what they are doing, and will stick to the task.
- Tactics that work
- Players that have skill in battlefield 2

I have done it in the order that matters most.

The fact that the players have skill or not is irrelavant. If you have 4 skill less players shooting at one skilled player, chances are he will not kill all of them.

Discipline means so much in a game. I joined my current clan to have a relaxing few matches, the team isnt disciplined, noone tells us what to do in a match, people dont play regulary, people know what they are doing, do it, then run off. Hey, i don't mind, it makes a change after playing the game so competitively.

In MPUK it was literally... You stand on that pixel, do this that and that. And everyone did it. Everyone knew what they were doing 100% of the time. Because people were doing what they should have been doing, we always had flags defended. Every flag had at least 1 person there 100% of the time. One person couldnt stop the 4 people from taking a flag, but the fact that someone was defending the flag gave time for the rest of the clan to get back.

I will be the first person to say i am not one of the best infantry in the world. I am not in the top 1000.  Easy.

However, if i get told to stand in a place, and defend a flag, i will do it. I would do it. Everyone in MPUK would do it. We were efficient, we knew what we were doing, it was a routine, not a game.

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-01-07 14:10:12)

ChrisHXZS
+4|6602|England
Who did you play?
We play games like 5 times a week.
We very good at infantry .
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6479|Minnesota eh
We play together all week in pubs. If we have a match, we go on the map and practice strategy.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
KS66 doesnt practice although we keep saying we will. Mostly we just go and play on random servers owning everything, squad play = win. Then in matches some we win some we lose. Currently 11 in TWL with 7 forfeits from the start of the league.
sithao
+63|6595|Los Angeles, California
allot but not so much lately.

Last edited by sithao (2007-01-07 15:02:25)

Red-Eye =]DH[=
+11|6389

ChrisHXZS wrote:

Who did you play?
We played +GT+, highest ranked clan in clanbase
And today, we are playing [WILDA] - Second in ClanBase.
VorteX
+6|6308|Lithuania

Red-Eye =]DH[= wrote:

ChrisHXZS wrote:

Who did you play?
We played +GT+, highest ranked clan in clanbase
And today, we are playing [WILDA] - Second in ClanBase.
+GT+ = Gamert ?
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6552|MANCHESTERRR
We practise sundays and tuesdays and sometimes fridays if some people are being sad and not going out. We've won our first 5 matches so far. Dont play VETS @ 2142. cheating bastards. We still won though lmfao.
Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6386|Ontario, Canada
Top clans have atleast 5 PUGS a night + practice ontop of that.
mr.m00se
PiMp mE APC^^
+4|6289|In Your Butz Making Baby
we dont have practice with our clan we just play much together on or own server.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

PoP wrote:

We practise sundays and tuesdays and sometimes fridays if some people are being sad and not going out. We've won our first 5 matches so far. Dont play VETS @ 2142. cheating bastards. We still won though lmfao.
Shit, that makes me clinically depressed.

Of the clans I've been in, the most practice was once or twice. We played a lot on pubs though.
Simon
basically
+838|6627|UK
Don't need to practice imo, already know all the maps and tacs for each of them.
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6357|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Practice a few hours most days, which pretty much is constant scrimming and revising strats.
Audio
+130|6502|Orlando, FL
Recruit players with skill, don't try to train shitty players.  Making a solid team is hard because all the good players want to play on a good team, and when your trying to start up a team that has NO record of wins or accomplishments, it makes it rather difficult to recruit solid players.  My advice to you is to try to get in touch with players who arn't too serious about competition, but are decent players.  People like me, who could care less about your team and if you loose or not, but is willing to play for you just because they want to play in a match.  At least this will get you some wins, and make your team look better and possibly give your team a chance to look half decent and grab some decent players.  You say you play in clanbase?  Never heard of it.  Try entereing TWL Euro and gaining some wins there, might score you some more members.

Hope this helps.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

Simon wrote:

Don't need to practice imo, already know all the maps and tacs for each of them.
o rly?

Audio wrote:

Recruit players with skill, don't try to train shitty players.  Making a solid team is hard because all the good players want to play on a good team, and when your trying to start up a team that has NO record of wins or accomplishments, it makes it rather difficult to recruit solid players.  My advice to you is to try to get in touch with players who arn't too serious about competition, but are decent players.  People like me, who could care less about your team and if you loose or not, but is willing to play for you just because they want to play in a match.  At least this will get you some wins, and make your team look better and possibly give your team a chance to look half decent and grab some decent players.  You say you play in clanbase?  Never heard of it.  Try entereing TWL Euro and gaining some wins there, might score you some more members.

Hope this helps.
where the fuck u been baddie? holla at cha boi

Last edited by =]-[f= ig88 (2007-01-15 00:51:29)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
What we have here is a failure to communicate, I think he's looking for a 2142 clan. GT are top for 2142 atm on clanbase I think.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6478|Bournemouth, South England
United Kingdom Land Forces =UKLF= have organised training nights on our server monday and wednesday, and aim for a match every sunday. If we don't have a match, then we either pub it up or prepare for another forthcoming match.

This may seem a little extreme, but we all enjoy ourselves, and are a good bunch of mates. After all, you don't buy then play a game not to enjoy it, do ya?
Audio
+130|6502|Orlando, FL

Penetrator_01 wrote:

United Kingdom Land Forces =UKLF= have organised training nights on our server monday and wednesday, and aim for a match every sunday. If we don't have a match, then we either pub it up or prepare for another forthcoming match.

This may seem a little extreme, but we all enjoy ourselves, and are a good bunch of mates. After all, you don't buy then play a game not to enjoy it, do ya?
You're sig is funny.  Are you trying to turn me on?
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6550|Melbourne, Australia.
[iB] Iron Bunnies prac 3-4 times a week, if its a big match coming up we prac for alot of hours.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6305|Oregon
the two of us that actually play? We dogfight every night...
InF-on-SteDz|Black^
Banned
+0|6282
We do like 4-5 matches a night if we got enought people online
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6507|Internetfitlerland

[OL] prac once a week on a private server going over strats ect.  Most other nights small groups hit the pubs for a few hours.  Currently 7th on the GA ladder with 8 wins and 1 loss, so we must be doing something right.

Its a pity Spam and ARK arent playing competively any more, they were great.

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2007-01-16 03:19:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard