PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6537|montreal, quebec

What was the most significant music show you ever saw.

I actually have 2. My first Pearl Jam more then 10 years after i discovered the band, a couple of months after the lost of a friend. their music helped me alot and the show was a gift from the sky. Second show was Metallica. They sucked for a while but now they're great live. It worthed the 100$ ticket to see a true heavy metal band.
Metallicatt
+3|6786|Gold Coast, Down Under
Gee this is a hard one, there has been many, so unfortunately, I have to give a top three best gigs I went to!!

1.  PANTERA - loudest/heaviest mofo gig I went to.            Miss ya Dime!

2.  METALLICA - I have ALWAYS been a fan and ALWAYS will, even if they put out a folk album (lol, jk, as if they would)

3.  SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - was @ Selinas in Sydney, OZ, and was able to get right @ the front against the barrier. Was a great idea @ the time, but my ribs hurt the next morning. Got a bit squished. AWESOME!!

METAL UP YA ASS!!!!
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6404
Billy Joel.
Nintendogamer
+72|6610|Chelmsford, UK
I haven't been to see a proper live concert, i saw a Queen tribute band at a country fair but i don't think that counts,
i'd like to see:
Blink 182 (can't now they have broken up)
AVA (currently working on new album)
Sum 41 (same as AVA)
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6463|canada
well i saw "swollen members" during some sort of celebration in edmonton, but i dont like them
tiptopT
+72|6605|Scotland's Capital
Muse at T in the Park - they put on an AWESOME show!

Him -  Not a fan per say but live, the lead singer can sing!

Best so far has to be the Prodigy - I was doing security and i had to carry Keith cos he was so fucked
Mogura
+17|6385|EUROPE
my two, 11 and 13 years old cosuins, singing for christmas
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6654|Finland

Soundgarden 1996 (Down On The Upside Tour @ Helsinki Icehall)
Tool 2006 (10 000 days tour @ Ruisrock '06)

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-07 03:07:15)

I need around tree fiddy.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6866|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Iron Maiden 2005

I wish some bands I like would come here
Alone+EasyTarget
+38|6380|From: From: From:
Foo Fighters at Hyde Park

inc. AVA - Juliette and the Licks - Queens of the Stone Age - Moterhead.

The Best SHow ever!
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6537|montreal, quebec

DonFck wrote:

lucky bastard. I'd pay 100-150$ to see Tool live. SoundGarden must have been great too
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6503|Somewhere else

DonFck wrote:

I JUST ordered tickets For Tool in Peoria. got em. This'll be the sixth time I've seen em, 9th time seeing maynard perform.

I'm super happy right now.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6773|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts

PvtStPoK wrote:

What was the most significant music show you ever saw.

I actually have 2. My first Pearl Jam more then 10 years after i discovered the band, a couple of months after the lost of a friend. their music helped me alot and the show was a gift from the sky. Second show was Metallica. They sucked for a while but now they're great live. It worthed the 100$ ticket to see a true heavy metal band.
I've seen Pearl Jam 15 times and every one has been significant!
howler_27
+90|6710
Pearl Jam as well.  Summerfest- Milwaukee, WI, mid-90's.  The Vitalogy tour. Bad Religion was the opener, and it flat out rocked.   Winds were blowing the clouds in off of Lake Michigan, late in the evening, with heat lighning in the sky.  Errie as hell, and the crowd was one.  Excellent show.  They played for 2.5 hours. and left everybody exhausted.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6259|Uk
Stiff Little Fingers are amazing live, anyone here a fan??
Kashmir
The J-10 is my J-10
+39|6716
T in The park...........well I'm going this year.

other than that U2 in Dublin. was awesome.
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6351|Londawn
I went to the Isle of Wight Festival and the V Vestival last year, that was very good
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6313|Éire
I have a few really memorable gigs that I've been to.

David Byrne (Talking Heads), The Ambassador, Dublin:
he couldn't have played a better set of songs, his performance was spot on and I got to meet him afterwards and he seems like a cool, down to earth guy.

Radiohead, Olympia Theatre, Dublin:
The Olympia is a tiny theatre venue and getting to see Radiohead in such an intimate setting was worth the 100euros i paid the tout. Again I got to bump into Thom Yorke about an hour and a half before the show.

Nine Inch Nails, Brixton Academy, London:
Superb, plain and simple. Every song was excellent.

Paul Simon, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny:
Great line up (Van Morrison, Blind Boys Of Alabama and Fun lovin Criminals playing support), great weather, great part of the country.

David Bowie, The Point Theatre, Dublin:
Great gig, he actually released a DVD of the performance over the two nights he played there.

Roger Waters, The Point Theatre, Dublin:
Brilliant, no support band just one set of Pink Floyd and one set of solo material.

Level 42, The Ambassador, Dublin:
Pretty gay band I know but as a bass player myself getting to see the legend Mark King live was quite awesome.

I've also seen good performances by Tool, Chris Isaak, U2, Queens Of The Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica Dandy Warhols and many more.

I have two biggies this summer that could make the list: The Police and Peter Gabriel (with support from Crowded House).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard