Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6449|Alberta, Canada
Well. I join in on a server called "ASP Bf2 Infantry Only". I was doing well on the server and I see that many of my teammates were being kicked because of high ping. The teammates that were being kicked were the Lt. Colonels and the colonels however. When I asked about the "mass kickings". Exactly what I typed. I got kicked for saying the word "ASS".
Now what the hell... Language filters are getting to kick-happy. I can understand other words... But ASS?! And I said the word mass.
Any other bad experiences with the filter?
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6467|California, US
Jesus christ
If parents and elders are worried about their kids hearing bad language on the internet...DONT BUY THEM THE FUCKING GAME!!!!
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6703|perv
language filter is wank...
Intended-Mayhem
+1|6473|Perth, Australia
im pritty sure that the fact there playing a violent game, with death and guns and all that jazz.. is a hole lot disturbing then "mass" or ass or fuck.....
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6394|Belfast
i got kicked for saying "damn" and once i got kick for saying "assault"
too_money2007
+145|6354|Keller, Tx
being kicked for "idiot" takes the cake.
Dragonclaw
+186|6351|Florida
No, being kicked for saying Owned, Pwned, and noob. Now thats just fucking childish. Overprotective pieces of shit. If you dont want to hear swearing get off the internet and live in seclusion.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6677|Finland

cockpit

You got kicked for saying: "Cock"

I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore,  I will not be a "Search"-whore, ...

Last edited by DonFck (2007-02-14 12:07:45)

I need around tree fiddy.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6525
They were using the language filter as a crutch to remove the better players off their servers. Avoid them. Other servers state specifically they have set their filters to auto kick  and since they are paying for it you gotta respect their wishes and move to one where the language filter is off.  Its more of an abuse of admin priviliges than it is a language filter issue.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6677|Finland

ncc6206 wrote:

They were using the language filter as a crutch to remove the better players off their servers. Avoid them. Other servers state specifically they have set their filters to auto kick  and since they are paying for it you gotta respect their wishes and move to one where the language filter is off.  Its more of an abuse of admin priviliges than it is a language filter issue.
IMHO that's pretty far fetched. Sorry, but that's what I think.
I need around tree fiddy.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6398|uk

i got kicked for saying "someone go commander"....

and please... do tell me what i said wrong, because its one week on, and i still havent figured it out.

(the server did give me 2 warnings before... but they were "legitimate" calls... (how a swear filter can be legimate on a game that is rated for 16+ is beyond me... but o well) but this sentence was the one that got me kicked

I have also played on a server that must have been completely "$%^&^.... from what i have learnt from the swear filter is that the admin (or someone..) has to manually add the filtered words to the "dictionary". However, in this particular server you got kicked for anything (3 warnings tho of course)... but how could this happen? I mean anything..... any word/ sentence/ phrase, you would get a warning. The less.... educated... people were getting kicked like no tomorrow... and so, as predicted, the round ended pretty quickly.
=)HA(=FemaleDriver
+8|6348
Strange for being kicked because of language filter when the bad words where only part of a full word one has typed. Never had this problem. It has to be a server glitch, or someone on sever that has not read those directions correctly.  I get warned on my own sever sometimes only from the real word being typed, and that's a warning, yes it's hard to be in battle and watch what is being scrolled through the top. My suggestion stop typing more playing on those servers. Good luck!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6604|Hungary
Nobody should tell me what am i able to say in a game what i bought. We are living in a free world or ?
So EVERYONE should turn OFF languagefilter as its anoying to get kicked for the word: noob etc....
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6641|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
my opinion is that the little kiddies are gonna learn the shit anyways.
jord
+2,382|6724|The North, beyond the wall.

seymorebutts443 wrote:

my opinion is that the little kiddies are gonna learn the shit anyways.
Exactly!

What kid hasn't heard the word Fuck by the time they are like 10?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard