ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6733|In your head
Yeh talk about it and does anyone play it? I cant seem to create an online account.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
Played the demos, a few of my friends have it too, i'll ask em.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6394|dm_maidenhead
Dawn of war didn't work on ,y pc (i borrowed my friend's)

When he got dark crusade (latest expansion) I borrowed it and it works! And as for some reason you don't need a CD in the drive to play it we can both play at the same time without a CD.

I quite like it but C&C games are better.
+5|6312
I've had the game for a few weeks now. It's pretty fun. I love the Spacemarines and their squad work. The graphics are a bit lacking but the game is two years old. I can't play online though because I got it free from a Warhammer 40k fanatic friend.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dark Crusade (2nd DoW expansion) is currently my most-played PC strategy game. I'm not too good at PvP, but I play compstomps.

Tau and IG ftw.

My account is either 'TheLouisChild' or 'TheLouisChilde,' originating from a vague joke between me and a bud.

---

ghostgr wrote:

Yeh talk about it and does anyone play it? I cant seem to create an online account.
My friend had that problem. I just created an account for him, so problem solved. There must be another solution, though.

petermassingale wrote:

I quite like it but C&C games are better.
But C&C doesn't have near as much variety in graphics and animation as the Dawn of War series. You can have more units, but it isn't as much fun to watch them fight.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-07 15:59:00)

SwampDog
+12|6462|Luton, England
I`ve got all 3 and love em. I play the gaurd mostly, the squads are pretty crap individually but the armour makes up for that, the baneblade is awsome.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

SwampDog wrote:

I`ve got all 3 and love em. I play the gaurd mostly, the squads are pretty crap individually but the armour makes up for that, the baneblade is awsome.
Actually, the squads are great, en masse. Dark Crusade increases the maximum number of units in the guard squads per command center tech-level. Not much else to do, since kasrkins and ogryns are limited to one squad a piece.

It's a great thing to fill transports with guard early on.
Hawk390
+27|6636|Melbourne, Australia
love every single one of the dow games. ELDAR FTW! dc is by far the best of them so far, though it has really annoyed me cos some of the changes dont need to be there and limit the gameplay, eg lowering Quickstart req resources and increasing build times and prices on everything, and hardcapping units is just pissful, now no more fire prism rush........

and the soldiers are just damn fun to watch fight, with there finishing moves. and sm suck balls, there the race for noobs and rushers. ELDAR FOOLS!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I actually like the heavy unit caps on DC. You have to think more about how you attack.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
I play occasionally, but still prefer the actual tabletop game. There's just something about assembling and painting little plastic and metal figures in order to move them around a table and roll dice around that the game just can't match.
Something OTHER than the polystyrene cement/spray paint fumes.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I play occasionally, but still prefer the actual tabletop game. There's just something about assembling and painting little plastic and metal figures in order to move them around a table and roll dice around that the game just can't match.
Something OTHER than the polystyrene cement/spray paint fumes.
You sure it isn't the fumes?

But I agree that the figures offer more customization than the PC game.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
Well, the fumes are part of it, but not everything.

And it's not only more customisation, but more satisfaction, really. Anyone can click a few times to build a squad, but a squad for the tabletop game is something you've built with your own hands, something personal and unique.
+5|6312

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Well, the fumes are part of it, but not everything.

And it's not only more customisation, but more satisfaction, really. Anyone can click a few times to build a squad, but a squad for the tabletop game is something you've built with your own hands, something personal and unique.
Yeah. It's something special, I always get a good feeling when I look at mine. Really worth putting the effort in even though the stuff is a tad expensive.
Azulmono55
+2|6448
A tad?!?! I think the only way people pay for it is because they are hooked (myself included, i play lord of the rings warhammer)
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
Well obviously. I've been playing for something like 6 years now, and still feel the need for more stuff.
+5|6312

Azulmono55 wrote:

A tad?!?! I think the only way people pay for it is because they are hooked (myself included, i play lord of the rings warhammer)
It doesn't cost that much only about $30 Australian for a Space Marine squad I think.
Easy to afford with a good salary.

It is overpriced though.
Sh4d0wF0x14
+36|6456|luton. uk
i play the dawn of war and expansion packs, good games, i need to find it and play it .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard