armin
+0|6758| Bosnia & Herzegovina
Ea's stats are working, the problem is bf2s.com. Take for instance bf2tracker.com, the stats (BF2 + BF2:SF) are working perfectly.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
On their front page:
Some problems updating PlayerStats
Written by Homey[GER], 25.11.2005 at 08:42.
Just thought to let you know that there are currently some problems updating playerstats. We can not get stats anymore from several players (not all). We just get an error message from the EA Stats Servers. It has probably to do with the new Special-Forces Stats that were integrated into the stats-feed.

We have already reported it to EA and hope that they fix that problem as soon as possible. So if you have problem to update your stats, simply try it again later. It will work again sooner or later and all your stats that you collected during this time, will get added to your stats.

The good news is that the SpecialForces Stats will get integrated on our website after those problems are solved.
Try again!
midgetspy
+3|6829
Actually my stats work perfectly on bf2tracker.com NM156... that post hasn't been updated since they obviously found some way to make it work.

Nic
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
I wouldn't know about that, BF2s is the only one I use for stats. Just going by what's on their front page. Obviously, there is/was a problem with the feed. I would think they'd update their news, if they were confident that everything was fixed. Chuy is the only one that can look into it though. I wish I could help you guys. *shrug*
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England
Yeah it wasn’t working at first on bf2tracker but it is now so I think they fixed it. Also I saw another site yesterday I forget the name off that was working perfectly with special forces stats.

Even this site was working fine with special forces for a while, that’s why a lot of people have special forces badges and stats on their profiles. So what’s changed?
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
Yep, chances are, something EA fixed this morning, and Chuy isn't home to fix it. If that's the case, then I'm sure everything will be worked out by this evening.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

Well, it isn't fixed yet. I still cannot get the raw data from the xml feed for my stats. Just gives me an error message.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

It's not fixed. Homey (bf2tracker) reverted to a different feed with less info in order to continue updating stats.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
More than that... wasn't that other method much slower?  Like, 8 hour wait times (or you'd get busted for querying too often, and be blocked)?
armin
+0|6758| Bosnia & Herzegovina
Lets just hope (F***ING) EA fixes the issue....
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

armin wrote:

you didn't expect EA to implement the expansion into the xml feed without any trouble, did you ?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center

B.Schuss wrote:

armin wrote:

you didn't expect EA to implement the expansion into the xml feed without any trouble, did you ?
its a shame, too.  EA is a multi-billion dollar company.  its not as if they dont have the resources (money, manpower, etc) to fix this, along with the hundreds of other bugs that are in both BF2 and SF.
CreepingDeath
+1|6746
My stats arent working on this site at all and havent since about thanksgiving.. I havent checked any other site but im not worried they get it fixed sooner or later.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
Erm, as they were just saying, EA's stream is flubbed.

Erm... hate to break it to you but Battlefield 2, and especially the stat feed is not a priority for Electronic Arts.  The stat feed for BF2 is one of several projects in one of several titles in one of several subdivisions.  BF2 surely has a budget and a project manager, for whom this feed may well be a priority...  but you won't catch the CEO of the parent company whigging out about something not working that he *may* have heard about for 10 seconds from a vice president of so-and-so discussing the new titles he's overseeing months ago.  Further, if they could, few if any outside the BF2 development team could be helpful, as they'd have to spend weeks or more learning the code.  Further, not everyone in the BF2 dev team could do the work...  if it's a DB problem, a network programmer might not be much help, and vice versa.  Of course, the graphic artists would likely say, "you want me to do what??"

Finally... this is only the THIRD US business day since this whole crap started.  3 days!!!  Soooo... if they fixed it sometime this evening, that's three days to notice the problem, diagnose it, code a fix, test it, and implement it.  All of this for a problem that A) is not affecting the game itself, and B) actually, may not have been noticed and reported until Wednesday, maybe even late, which means that if so, and they fixed it this evening, that it took a total of 2 days... or around 16-24 work hours.  So.....  LIGHTEN UP!

Of course... it does sort of suck to schedule a patch like this (though, SF is a rather big patch) 2 days before a 4 day hard weekend.  I say hard weekend, because Thanksgiving is likely the second most important holiday for about 80% of Americans, after Christmas...  no one's working unless they absolutely have to, or they work in retail or food service (though not as much on Thanksgiving day itself)...  it's a lot easier to get people to work through something like the Memorial Day or Labor Day weekends, and make it up to them later.
Ci2e
+1|6725
My stats are working perfectly everywhere but bf2s.com pretty disappointing =\
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6745|Vienna- Austria
thats why the others use a slower (basic feed) whislt bf2s uses the "advanced version, which is currently not working.. erm... well this was said by multiple others in multiple other topics...^^ dont beat me for it
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Ci2e wrote:

My stats are working perfectly everywhere but bf2s.com pretty disappointing =\
To bad, but if that is your opinion, why join this forum?

Chuy is doing everything he can, and want to give the best possible representation of your stats, thus he is one out of two, whom got the privileges from EA to access their complete feed. That is the one that is broken, and as long as EA doesn't fix it BF2s isn't running as it is supposed to.

It will be fixed when it is fixed...

If you do not like the site, please be a little more constructive and say what you would like to see different. BUT don't say you would like to see your stat updated. Because it has been mentioned before and we are all waiting to see it fixed.

Cheers,
R

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

thats why the others use a slower (basic feed) whislt bf2s uses the "advanced version, which is currently not working.. erm... well this was said by multiple others in multiple other topics...^^ dont beat me for it
Thanx
Want to read more, try http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=5960, it has most of it covered

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-12-01 10:19:41)

Ci2e
+1|6725
Yeah I just think its funny how they have a notice on the stats page that it's EA's fault, even though I think they know its not anymore.  Perhaps thats how they keep from getting everyone bitching at them and instead at EA- LOL --I might play EA games but I still hate EA-- 

They bought the NFL License because ESPN Football was kicking their ass and I don't even care about football games anymore. EA is just a monopoly.  The government needs to break them up into more smaller companies like they did with Bell.

And the thread topic It's not EA's fault thats a load of crap, they published the game so they take full responsibility of its completeness and overall quality.  It might be DICE's fault too but I don't see them hosting forums for us to complain on.  EA's forums are a joke- post their and you only hear people like yourself agree or disagree.  It's all useless.

Last edited by Ci2e (2005-12-01 10:28:31)

[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6751|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Ci2e, go away if all you want to do is bitch at Chuy and team...PLEASE

You've seen the response, which is QUITE appropriate, yet you still bitch...

Perhaps if you'd LISTEN instead, it would be better...
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Ci2e wrote:

Yeah I just think its funny how they have a notice on the stats page that it's EA's fault, even though I think they know its not anymore.  Perhaps thats how they keep from getting everyone bitching at them and instead at EA- LOL --I might play EA games but I still hate EA--

chuyskywalker wrote:

People who had to make "changes" to their systems for the last 2 months have been people who keep finding ways to get around EA blocking them from using the system they have been told not to use.

Please, I'm not a moron. When I say something I've usually done my research and if I say it's broken on EA's side, I've made damn sure I'm not making an ass out of myself by being wrong.
To round it up... I already mentioned 2 sites were allowed to script their feed, Chuy was in contact with the other stats page and they confirmed the problem... But if you really do not want to believe it...
Just share it with the group, BUT first choose another group.
R
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

Ci2e wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Ci2e
+1|6725

[1stSSF]=Nuka= wrote:

Ci2e, go away if all you want to do is bitch at Chuy and team...PLEASE

You've seen the response, which is QUITE appropriate, yet you still bitch...

Perhaps if you'd LISTEN instead, it would be better...
Wow I haven't had to read crap in a long time.  Thanks now I know what it looks like, again.

By the way I'm not bitching at anyone perhaps if you read and comprehend what you read you would see that.  If you read you would see that I like bf2s and because my stats aren't updating here its disappointing - which is not me bitching or saying this site sucks, your just very judgemental and have a bad time taking criticism. If you don't want to hear what I have to say don't read it, I sure don't have time to read everyone's post- I read the first couple posts quickly and wanted to add my input, so get off my back please.

Last edited by Ci2e (2005-12-01 10:40:34)

Ci2e
+1|6725

NM156 wrote:

Ci2e wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about.
LOL Your right I don't if you actually read what I typed you might see what I was saying was what I was thinking of course that was the 4th word in the first sentence. Shit what is wrong with all the bashing - angry members here haha.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Ci2e wrote:

If you read you would see that I like bf2s and because my stats aren't updating here its disappointing - which is not me bitching or saying this site sucks
That was not clear with your first post: "bf2s.com pretty disappointing =\" and people (including me) are starting to get a little edgy...

Ci2e wrote:

I sure don't have time to read everyone's post-
Well, some people are trying to help others here, and they'll need to read your post before they can decide it is crap.

Ci2e wrote:

I read the first couple posts quickly and wanted to add my input
If you are not going to read other peoples question/answer that might actually have dealt with your statement, than why should we bother to read yours...

Ci2e wrote:

so get off my back please.
If I had to power to close this thread here and now, trust me... I would!

Cheers,
R

But, I am glad to hear you like the site, so do I. Next time try to be a little more precise...

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-12-01 10:54:24)

[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6751|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

Ci2e wrote:

...your just very judgemental and have a bad time taking criticism. If you don't want to hear what I have to say don't read it, I sure don't have time to read everyone's post- I read the first couple posts quickly and wanted to add my input, so get off my back please.
So, here is what YOU said that I responded to...if you can't even keep logically consistent in your own words, you probably are over-matched with most regulars here:

Ci2e wrote:

That is bitching, judgemental, and just plain foolish...Chuy and team do things for LOVE and not money, so it's not even remotely reasonable to ascribe blame to them in this...if you were PAYING for the site, then at least you'd have a small leg to stand on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard