Dragonfist028
+2|6599
When I get on BF2 and load up a map singleplayer or multiplayer it crashes at around 50%.  I know BF2 works on this computer b/c it has worked before, before I had to do a full restore.  Now I patched it with 1.41 and its worked succefully and it still does it. thanks in advance
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6769|Cambridge (UK)
hmm... around the 50% point is where it's loading/rendering shaders - try clearing the shader cache out (delete all files/folders in My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\)
Dragonfist028
+2|6599
nah didn't work any other idea?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6769|Cambridge (UK)
have you had any other problems?
tupla_s
+455|6596|Finland
Tried to repatch?
rvjones10
+0|6318
I have a similar problem. When the map is loading and the progress bar get to the end of geometries and the start of textures then I ctd. I just built a new system (Intel Dual core, PCI-X mobo, nvidia 7600gt, 2gig ram.) The strange thing is that after I installed the retail I jumped on before doing the 1.41 update to check out the performance and it worked fine. Since I updated 1.41 I'm having this problem. I hope someone can help cause I have no clue.
UUD40
+8|6375|San Diego, CA
If you've tried reinstalling, without luck...

Read my 1st reply, it worked for me. GL
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p1140583
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6565|Southampton, UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

hmm... around the 50% point is where it's loading/rendering shaders - try clearing the shader cache out (delete all files/folders in My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\)
I had this 50% loading wait thing that took ages to load a map, but then starts again ten minutes later, but this is in 2142.
Would clearing the cache screw up the game or would it fix it?
Jello.01
+46|6612|DFW, Texas
Wow that sucks. I had about the same problem, I finally found out that my one of my sticks of ram went bad on me... Run memtest86 (Google it) with only one stick in at a time, leave it on for like an hour then check back, if you see any errors than that means it has gone bad.
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6679
Run the game in windowed mode:

Right click the BF2 shortcut, go to Properties, then in the Target box, add this on the end:

Code:

+fullscreen 1
(Make sure there is a space between the last quotation mark in the box and the + sign)
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6472

Knightnifer wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I had this 50% loading wait thing that took ages to load a map, but then starts again ten minutes later, but this is in 2142.
Would clearing the cache screw up the game or would it fix it?
Clearing cache will make your game load the stuff again from somewhere, I think. Cache makes it faster to load stuff than if you would have to load it from DVD(?) every time.
I'm not 100% sure of this, maybe someone who knows better could confirm
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Scorpion0x17
+691|6769|Cambridge (UK)
As I've just sent to Knightnifer by PM:

Clearing the cache might fix it.
Clearing the cache will not screw up the game.

And to answer NooBesT[FiN]:

Basically, when you first load into a server after you've first installed the game, you'll see a message saying 'Optimizing Shaders'  (oir summat like that) - at least BF2 does, dunno 'bout 2142, but I assume it says somethign similar somewhere. During this phase of loading it is 'writing' the shader scripts (used for various graphics effects) into your shader cache directory. Occasionally, these shader scripts can become corrupted and cause loading issues and/or crashes. Deleting the shader cache simply forces the game to redo this 'shader optimization' process...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-01-18 10:37:34)

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6498|Sydney, Australia
Maybe installing directly to 1.41 causes the problem. Maybe try installing to 1.3, then install to 1.4 using the cumulative patch, then finally 1.41.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard