Poll

Is the site listed below taking religious propaganda too far?

Yes81%81% - 43
No11%11% - 6
Maybe7%7% - 4
Total: 53
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6430|Kyiv, Ukraine
Relax, this is pure comedy.  I love the "Gay" themed one especially, with the paramedic that "prayed away the gay."  They didn't mention the dude's sexually frustrated wife that can't figure out why she dropped $1000+ at Victoria's Secret to no effect.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6829|PNW

Dude, that stuff's great. I'm laughing at the comics right now.
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6576|Finland

Bertster7 wrote:

You've gotta love their claim that evolution is basically a racist concept.

I have to say I found the site sickening.
QFE

But I voted No, because I think that the site actually works against its original idea. The more sickening and unbelievable the message is, the more people are going to see what the site is truly about. I.e. bigotry.
I say let them propaganda away!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6612

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

QFE

But I voted No, because I think that the site actually works against its original idea. The more sickening and unbelievable the message is, the more people are going to see what the site is truly about. I.e. bigotry.
True. The site is so ridiculous that it isn't likely to fool/appeal/change the opinion of anyone. More sites like this please!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6829|PNW

After my initial laughter at the comics, I find they don't stray far enough from the 'straight n' narrow' plots to hold my interest for very long. I don't even have to read them to know what their end result will be (usually prostrating one's sinful self before the angered Lord) , and they exist only to provide situational links to relevant scripture.

2/5 for bland character development, though it's about time Christians got back into action lines.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-08 03:12:35)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6732|Canberra, AUS

Stingray24 wrote:

I voted yes.  They're intentions are good, but cartoons aren't going to convince anyone not to have sex or have an abortion. 

ghettoperson wrote:

I enjoyed the rock music one.
hehehe Yes, some religious folks seem to enjoy making up rules that are not in the Bible. Imo . . . rock music FTW!  I'm a Metallica fan (how can you argue with Master of Puppets and the Black album) and listen to a lot of Christian rock bands (Switchfoot, P.O.D., Chevelle, etc etc).  Red's new album End of Silence is awesome btw.
Abstinence really confuses me. Why don't we ship them (abstinence-obsessed) off to an uninhabited island and watch themselves go crazy working out how to reproduce.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6886
"..the absolute truth regarding moral issues.."

Well it's nice to know that all moral issues have been officially solved now and can be presented in the form of a comic.....
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6607|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
They got one thing right "sometimes the truth hurts", yeah God doesn't exist and when people die that's it, no coming back, now go off an cry into that......
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6638|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

QFE

True. The site is so ridiculous that it isn't likely to fool/appeal/change the opinion of anyone. More sites like this please!
I quite liked this one.

http://www.raptureready.com/index.php

Lowing posted it as a source for something and it made me laugh, so I bookmarked it for later reading. The FAQ section is very amusing.

It's not as good though, I have to admit.

The bit where the guy running the site talks about how he plans to keep the site running during the rapture made me laugh.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-08 11:33:33)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6708|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

QFE

I quite liked this one.

Lowing posted it as a source for something and it made me laugh, so I bookmarked it for later reading. The FAQ section is very amusing.

The bit where the guy running the site talks about how he plans to keep the site running during the rapture made me laugh.
I didn't post the site as a source, I posted an article written in a swedish newspaper that appeared on this site as a source, but of course, you are not supposed to know that.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6638|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I quite liked this one.

I didn't post the site as a source, I posted an article written in a swedish newspaper that appeared on this site as a source, but of course, you are not supposed to know that.
No, you posted it as a source.

lowing wrote:

http://www.raptureready.com/faq/faq96.html

oops yer wrong
A link to the Dutch newspaper would have been posting that as a source.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6823|UK
That gave me a good chuckle. What a pile of bollocks. Self righteous bastard, whoever made those comics.
jonsimon
+224|6552
I feel stupider and I didnt even finish one of the comics.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6576|Πάϊ
omg the comics are hilarious!!!!
btw for more laughs check out almenconi.com. Especially this about Pearl Jam! Eddie ftw

edit: can't believe I said omg in this thread! haha

Last edited by oug (2007-01-13 11:28:41)

ƒ³
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6708|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I quite liked this one.

No, you posted it as a source.

lowing wrote:

http://www.raptureready.com/faq/faq96.html

oops yer wrong
A link to the Dutch newspaper would have been posting that as a source.
Dutch, Swedish, whatever, you all smell the fuckin' same anyway.

You know I posted that link for the quote in the article that appeared on that site. Stop being a fuckin asshole.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard