j-train(usmc)
+0|6727
If EA's xml feed is not working, why is it that gameslave.co.uk works just fine? I am assuming that they are using the EA XML Feed.
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6773|Mechanicsville, VA
its cause thier british... the us site is getting attacked by al queda trying to understand the logic of the usmc..

no not really... who knows maybe EA just doesn't like us... would explain why they put out such a piece of shit of a game... and spent about 0 min. debugging it... its been 7 months and they put out 4 patches already.. makes sense .... oh wait NO IT DOESN'T.. but thats a different story for a different forum header
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
They're using the old feed.

A quick way to determine if a site is using the XML or the old feed, the XML includes all the Global Ranks for the maps, kits and vehicles, etc. I can't imagine a webmaster leaving this info out, if the had it.
1-8thBadger
+0|6792
Here is what is going to happen:

1.  Someday soon this site will work correctly

2.  Seconds afterwards there will be over 500posts stating that Chuy you are the man thanks bro

3.  In the meantime everyone keeps setting up more topics then are neccassary slamming this site and Chuy's work.

Heres a thought if the other sites are working then get your info from them.  Ill continue to use this site since they have been there in the past with the most useful information all in one page to look at.

Stick with the best information and dont slam the ppl or website for not getting it running right away and they just might take care of ya in the future.  I still think this is the best site around for BF2.  Doesnt matter what stupid question you ask someone will pipe up with a simple answer.  How about we just continue on with what is going well with BF2 and lets just wait for the stats to update.  All those ppl complaining this site isnt working are probably the same ones that play one game quit then come here and marvel at all the kills they just got in the last game instead of just playing the game.

Ill skip step one and three and just go to step two.  Good work Chuy and keep it up.
TheSENATOR
+0|6840|Germany
It is not definitely because of EA.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

TheSENATOR wrote:

It is not definitely because of EA.
And you know this how?
TheSENATOR
+0|6840|Germany
because my Sig functions. Can gladly the Sourcecode get.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

TheSENATOR wrote:

Are you getting the stats from the new XML feed, or the older stats server?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6776|NRW,Germany

TheSENATOR wrote:

This doesn´t tell anything as the sig is either based on the older feed, you´re not playing SF or you´re just lucky that your stats still update.
In the beginning mine updated too (as you can see by the SF badges) but now they won´t.
TheSENATOR
+0|6840|Germany
I receive the XML feed still from the same server, only recently the inquiry modalities was changed, accordingly had I in addition, my Script to amend.

Sorry, for my bad english, babelfish helps. ;-)
TheSENATOR
+0|6840|Germany
ähm, Tigg@lot, sprích Deutsch mit nem alten SSW-Kämpfer oder schick mir ne PM. ;-)
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
He is using the old stats server. I PM'd him, and he gave me the links to the old server. Anyone speak/read Deutsch, if you can translate this to him, that would be helpful, and appreciated. Also, please tell him that Chuy isn't allowed to use the old stats server. Thanks
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6776|NRW,Germany

TheSENATOR wrote:

ähm, Tigg@lot, sprích Deutsch mit nem alten SSW-Kämpfer oder schick mir ne PM. ;-)
Ich spreche hier in letzter Zeit schon zu viel Deutsch, die Leute werden schon mißtrauisch ^^

Falls du mit ein paar anderen SSW-Aussteigern (Ekki, Ethan Hunt, Superman, Gorg...) in Kontakt treten möchtest dann komm in mein Forum (der link steht in meinem Profil)

PS: Falls du den Text von NM156 nicht verstehst kann ich als Dolmetscher einspringen.

Last edited by Tigg@lot (2005-11-28 18:19:15)

TheSENATOR
+0|6840|Germany
I already understand that, NM156, no problem, only in english write am somewhat difficult. Thanks
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

1-8thBadger wrote:

Here is what is going to happen:

1.  Someday soon this site will work correctly

2.  Seconds afterwards there will be over 500posts stating that Chuy you are the man thanks bro

3.  In the meantime everyone keeps setting up more topics then are neccassary slamming this site and Chuy's work.

Heres a thought if the other sites are working then get your info from them.  Ill continue to use this site since they have been there in the past with the most useful information all in one page to look at.

Stick with the best information and dont slam the ppl or website for not getting it running right away and they just might take care of ya in the future.  I still think this is the best site around for BF2.  Doesnt matter what stupid question you ask someone will pipe up with a simple answer.  How about we just continue on with what is going well with BF2 and lets just wait for the stats to update.  All those ppl complaining this site isnt working are probably the same ones that play one game quit then come here and marvel at all the kills they just got in the last game instead of just playing the game.

Ill skip step one and three and just go to step two.  Good work Chuy and keep it up.
I second that.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

TheSENATOR wrote:

I receive the XML feed still from the same server, only recently the inquiry modalities was changed, accordingly had I in addition, my Script to amend.
No, what you are using is NOT the XML feed. Does it come formatted as XML, or as a tab delimetered text file still? I'm betting it's the latter.

I also know that the only people who had to make "changes" to their systems for the last 2 months have been people who keep finding ways to get around EA blocking them from using the system they have been told not to use.

All in all, you are NOT on the XML feed, and you have no clue what you're talking about in regards to it. I can count the number of people who have access to it on my two hands, and you aren't one of them yet.

Please, I'm not a moron. When I say something I've usually done my research and if I say it's broken on EA's side, I've made damn sure I'm not making an ass out of myself by being wrong.
spec-soul
+0|6726
Stats don't seem to be updating.  If it helps I noticed it stopped working last Saturday for me.
B.Schuss

I guess chuy will let us know as soon as the feed is up and running again
TheSENATOR
+0|6840|Germany
Excuse large master, with the wrong foot risen? Half God in knows or how? If you mean the pointingnesses to have leased ask.....
B.Schuss

TheSENATOR wrote:

Excuse large master, with the wrong foot risen? Half God in knows or how? If you mean the pointingnesses to have leased ask.....
well, I guess it is because people keep asking the same ****** questions.

Also, It's probably getting on his nerves that all over the place people keep saying "wtf, stats on ( enter any minor bf2 stats site here ) are working, what is going on here ?"

and, by the way, you should get a new translator....

der punkt ist, die leute unterstellen chuy, es läge an ihm, weil die anderen stats-seiten ja angeblich mit dem xml feed funzen, dabei ist das eindeutig nicht der Fall. chuy macht seine hausaufgaben. wenn er sagt, das problem liegt bei EA, dann ist das auch so.

also kann man verstehen, daß ihn die ständigen kommentare langsam nerven. nimm's nicht persönlich.
aib73412
+0|6732|im from idaho but liven in MD
i would also like to say that i love this site. i do check out other site for some updates as far as my stats and that goes but all in all i love this site.  i can not see my own updates here do to the down time but that does not bother me i also like this site because i get great feed back on question i have . All I have to say is that the creator of it, is awesome. people should quit the bi#$% about the site not updating. if it is that importatn to them then they can also go to there on bfhq in there  game to see there stats if there so concered about it other then using website to see it.
i like to use the website becasue when im at work i can show my friends who play as well how im doing and how bad i suck at the game and in return they do the same for me.

LOVe the SITe great job. (wish i new how all of it work in creating it )
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6754
my stats on another website, they have something working.....
http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/player/43533536/

https://sig.nsvr.info/43533536.gif

Last edited by delta4bravo*nl* (2005-11-29 11:16:19)

mitsteig
+0|6729|Buxton, Maine
unfortunately the bf2stats site doesn't show your progress towards medals, badges, etc...

unless I'm a dummy and can't find a link...

https://bf2s.com/player/27894969/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/27894969/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/27894969/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/27894969/awards.jpg

Last edited by mitsteig (2005-11-29 11:29:05)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

my stats on another website, they have something working.....
http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/player/43533536/
=>

B.Schuss wrote:

all over the place people keep saying "wtf, stats on ( enter any minor bf2 stats site here ) are working, what is going on here ?"
They are thus using a minor feed, and don't get all the data Chuy is extracting, or on a slower way or... whatever:

B.Schuss wrote:

wenn er sagt, das problem liegt bei EA, dann ist das auch so.
Translated:
English: When he says the problem is caused by EA, than that's it.
Nederlands: Wanneer hij zegt dat het probleem bij EA ligt, dan is dat ook zo.
Français: Quand il dit que la problème est avec EA, c'est comme ça.
Español: Cuando él dice el problema es con EA, el problema es con EA.

More remarks... Try the Buddhist approach:
It will be ready when it is ready...

Or mail to EA!

R
B.Schuss

chuyskywalker wrote:

TheSENATOR wrote:

No, what you are using is NOT the XML feed. Does it come formatted as XML, or as a tab delimetered text file still? I'm betting it's the latter.

I also know that the only people who had to make "changes" to their systems for the last 2 months have been people who keep finding ways to get around EA blocking them from using the system they have been told not to use.

All in all, you are NOT on the XML feed, and you have no clue what you're talking about in regards to it. I can count the number of people who have access to it on my two hands, and you aren't one of them yet.

Please, I'm not a moron. When I say something I've usually done my research and if I say it's broken on EA's side, I've made damn sure I'm not making an ass out of myself by being wrong.
just felt I needed to reiterate that...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard