Dr_3V|L
+51|6733|Twente, The Netherlands

RDMC(2) wrote:

devilhammer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

It takes peoples lives away, and costs money
Exactly.
Sounds like BF2 to me..
Well it's kinda like bf2, but then a million times more life-taking.
Simon
basically
+838|6666|UK
I've played wow, it was alright for about 5 days, it just burnt out, I will admit though if I didnt play BF2 I would play wow a lot more, BF2 is just.. so much better, its in a different class.

BF2>All until Spore and ET:QW
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6654

Perfeck.kirby wrote:

Why dose everyone hate World of Warcraft. I love it and play it alot.
there is ur reason why they hate it because u play it a lot
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6754|Houston, TX
Keep it civil.  Personal attacks...  blah blah blah.  Cut that crap out.

KJ
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6489|Purdue
I like WoW, personally. I don't necessarily find it addicting, it's just time consuming, and you lose track of time very easily. It's a fun game, but I don't have time to play it until the summer. I also prefer building characters with friend too.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6630|Gold coast, Aus.

Perfeck.kirby wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

madmurre wrote:

ye i know but the thing i don´t really like is that you need to put in so much bloody time in the game to get any reward.. it´s an evil circle some people might find that great i´m not. Seen so many people change playing wow including me. And no they don´t change to the better
My point
what abour bf2 and bf2142 ranks and ribbions. 120 hours for a ribbion is very long
The difference is, in WoW, can you take out a lvl 239 Evil orc blood mage when youre only a lvl 5 elf knight? Probably not unless you have a sword of lies +5 strength. However, in BF2/2k, no matter how low your rank is, you can still take out colonels and generals. Also, ribbons do what exactly? How will they help you play? Their there to look pretty, but in WoW, you need your ribbon of +9 dark magic (yes, i am pulling this out of my arse as i go along) to go into battle effectively.

"A WoW forum wrote:

warlocks are easy as a warrior.. Charge + go into beseker ASAP... wait for them to fear use besker rage. incept blood rage MS . execute dead.
Look how retarded you sound when you play this game....
Djbrown
+129|6505|Adelaide, Aussieland
WoW was a great game and was my first mmorpg. i liked the quest system and levelling up. then i got oblivion and you just realise how inferior the 'go get me 600 furbolg claws' and 'kill 50 owlbeast' quests really are. that and the fact once you get to 60, which is way too easy, you realise there is nothing to do except raid. pvp is fun for a month or two but when your life is clicking aim shot 700 times in a row, its crap.

i really liked this game but blizzards refusal to cater for anyone except the addicts who play over 10 hours per day made me hate it. EVERY patch released a new dungeon for level 60's, which the vast majority of players will never play. add this to the fact that about 50% of all level 60's are actually another 60's alternate character, whos main purpose is to mine rocks or gather herbs, no one wants to do dungeons, and your left with an exceptionally boring game which unless you play for more than 8 hours a day, offers you nothing better than any other mmorpg out.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6801
I have tried the freebie trial version for about a week now and I like it enough that I've bought the full version.  On average this past week I've played it about as much as I'd play anything else.  Actually slightly less as my social life has been more active and I know I enjoy dinner/drinks with my friends more than a computer game.

If I weren't playing WoW, I'd be playing something else and quite possibly spending more money on another new game.  BF2142 has pretty much come to its end of natural enjoyment time and anything else I put into it would only be grinding the ribbons/badges out.

When you factor in the increased processor/gpu power that's needed for games coming out in the next 12 months, actually WoW seems pretty cheap.  Sure it's £9 per month, so that's £108 for a year but I can do that with my current set-up.  For anything else, I'd need a new mobo, cpu, and ram, all of which is likely set me back in excess of £300.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

Djbrown wrote:

WoW was a great game and was my first mmorpg. i liked the quest system and levelling up. then i got oblivion and you just realise how inferior the 'go get me 600 furbolg claws' and 'kill 50 owlbeast' quests really are. that and the fact once you get to 60, which is way too easy, you realise there is nothing to do except raid. pvp is fun for a month or two but when your life is clicking aim shot 700 times in a row, its crap.

i really liked this game but blizzards refusal to cater for anyone except the addicts who play over 10 hours per day made me hate it. EVERY patch released a new dungeon for level 60's, which the vast majority of players will never play. add this to the fact that about 50% of all level 60's are actually another 60's alternate character, whos main purpose is to mine rocks or gather herbs, no one wants to do dungeons, and your left with an exceptionally boring game which unless you play for more than 8 hours a day, offers you nothing better than any other mmorpg out.
That last paragraph is exactly how i feel.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

White-Fusion wrote:

It takes peoples lives away, and costs money
How's it different than any other sort of video game, then?

Games cost money.
Time = money.
(Initial price) + (time spent on games not making money) = cost.

When an MMO comes out that I am impressed with, I will play it without the immature "my toy is better than yours" snobbery. Until then, the closest I play are MUDs and Diablo II.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-31 21:29:01)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6719|Sweden
Hmm i might throw some words in here.

Wow was/is the best game i have ever played the journey me and a couple of friends had to level 1-60 is by far the best gaming-experience i have had. On the downside i am very addictive when it comes to games if i like a game i simply dont get bored i can go on and on almost forever just look at my bf2 profile i played wake over and over again. Wow is for peple like me very bad news it soaks you up.

An FPS game you can quit at any time when i played wow i played alongside with 39 other people i couldnt quit i was needed up to 6 hours straight.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6399|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

madmurre wrote:

Hmm i might throw some words in here.

Wow was/is the best game i have ever played the journey me and a couple of friends had to level 1-60 is by far the best gaming-experience i have had. On the downside i am very addictive when it comes to games if i like a game i simply dont get bored i can go on and on almost forever just look at my bf2 profile i played wake over and over again. Wow is for peple like me very bad news it soaks you up.

An FPS game you can quit at any time when i played wow i played alongside with 39 other people i couldnt quit i was needed up to 6 hours straight.
Lol addict noob
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6719|Sweden
Yep
Red-Eye =]DH[=
+11|6428
Hey, remember me, I played over 8,000 hours of WoW, Geat Game!!!
Might go on online now.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6353|Cali

teek22 wrote:

I think it sucks.... and everyone who plays it seems to degenerate into a robot playing the game 24/7. So there fore it sucks
Learn how to... Search!!! if you are not sure if there is a thread or not about WoW or not...
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6849

teek22 wrote:

I think it sucks.... and everyone who plays it seems to degenerate into a robot playing the game 24/7. So there fore it sucks
wow sucks
It doesn't deserve the top place on xfire for minutes because most people just idle there and use if for chat purposes.

And it isn't free  to play online even more bs
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6603|Ohio, USA

A-Unit64 wrote:

teek22 wrote:

wow sucks
It doesn't deserve the top place on xfire for minutes because most people just idle there and use if for chat purposes.

And it isn't free  to play online even more bs
I would be willing to pay to play online if EA/Dice would fix the bugs that have plagued the BF2/2142 series since its beginning, but they haven't.  At least Blizzard takes time to balance classes, keep servers sturdy, and adds new content without needing to pay for it (minus the new expansion) for free (new dungeons, weapons, etc) for its playerbase.  Hell you have to buy maps and vehicles in the BFx series, that is just dumb.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard