Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
https://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/images/b/b7/BF2_Wake64_map.jpg

J-10 whores. Carrier raping. Long-distance combat. Tanks. Snipers. Majorly unbalanced teams. high chance of not going anywhere for the entire round.

How can you not like songhua but enjoy this?

I can understand karkand whoring. It's the best infantry map. But wake is just.. crap. Fighting J-10's? Dalian Plant and Dragon Valley are both far better for doing that. Chopper whoring? You can't last one round without some idiot crashing in to you, if you even manage to get the damn thing in the first place. It's all round shit, except for snipers who like to pick people off from a distance that makes it impossible for their enemies to fight back.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA
Are we being punk'd?
Scratch[USA]
+105|6543
Wow, I thought that you where a fan of Wake.
I for one do not like Wake because of the distance to cover.  Same for other large maps.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Are we being punk'd?
That's fancy's domain, a few subforums down kthx

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-01-04 10:22:25)

Simon
basically
+838|6654|UK
Never liked Wake, too much raping and Tking. Karkand/Dragon>all
Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

Unless you know how to fly, Wake is not for you.
roshambo14
+7|6449
Not that I disagree with you, but I have one question.  How, in your opinion, is Dalian better for fighting J-10s than Wake?  Same jets with usually the same results.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6398|dm_maidenhead
Wake > Other Maps
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

roshambo14 wrote:

Not that I disagree with you, but I have one question.  How, in your opinion, is Dalian better for fighting J-10s than Wake?  Same jets with usually the same results.
Varied terrain
Two F-35's at once
faster spawns

petermassingale wrote:

Wake > Other Maps
reason. now.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-01-04 10:27:52)

ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6475
Wake is great for Engineers. Plenty of places to place mines. Its also not so bad for Anti tank but the J10s do get annoying.
Sk
stat padding is for girls
+41|6385
if you don't play as a team, you'll never win.
find a decent server
roshambo14
+7|6449
Fair enough
PluggedValve
+17|6336
Its awesome once the US gets on land.  But if yer on a crappy team your hooped.  And really it comes down to having good pilots.  The best way to get on the island is for the jet to fly over the BEACH and bail out.  Create a squad so that people can spawn on u.  Then capture the base.  Then as the chinese are hustling back to get to the beach, u attack the south base and the north village from the carrier or island.  But a good pilot/ commander combo could have u bombed before the base is capped. 

It does suck trying to get on land though.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Im a big map player. Songhua rocks, I just wish it was played more.
I used to play Wake a bit when a friend played the game, and since he loved it - I tagged along.

I've never really liked it. The teams are just too unbalanced and if you want a vehicle, you have to go through a horde of tking pricks and even then, you will run over a load of people on takeoff and then get kicked for excessive teamkilling. If thats meant to be fun, then Im totally mistaken.
Wake is by far the worst map for it. Mostly because it requires skill-less bombing to get a massive aviator KD for fuck all.

I agree, Dalian is far better for the "J10vF35" scenario. US actually have a chance of getting onto the land on the map, and Ive seen the US win a lot more on Dalian than I ever have on Wake.
swedge
+23|6455|haggis hill
wakes my fav map, my next closest map is only a few hours away so i dont realy play wake all the time. you dont have to be good at flying to be on that map, many a time i jump in the jet on the essex and use it as a taxi to the runway to get the element of surpise at the start of a round by tryin 2 cap the flag. 

i know sometimes it sucks when you go usmc and keep gettin baseraped and cant get of the essex, if that happens to me i just leave and join another server which kicks for baserape.  i actualy prefer going usmc for thier chopper as it is alot easier to handle that the other 1 (cant remeber the name of it).  its good for ground pounding aswell, especially if you like to snipe and you can also get a few mine kills aswell as the mines are pretty hidden when you put them down on the southern end of the island.

i'd give wake 9/10, the reason why only a 9 is because of the overpowering of the j10's

but every1 to thier own
Sk
stat padding is for girls
+41|6385

PluggedValve wrote:

It does suck trying to get on land though.
If only you could "Vote" n00bs to be restricted to the transport vehicles and not the assualt chopper and jets....

that'd make life MUCH easier on this map
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6596|Warwickshire, England
The only way Wake Island is fun if you are either in a jet or attack chopper, or the US has captured the airfield, other than that it is full of rapers and team killing idiots.

I love Songhua Stalemate, it's one of my favourite maps. It's a shame there aren't many servers running it though
-=5TON3D
+42|6530|u.k
only thing i like about wake is the view distance,rarely play that map unless i feel like sniping,even then i'm more likely to join a great wall server instead.
most my times spent in jets,i hate maps with only 1 team getting an uncap,always end up with a team that loses the main base straight away.
my best jet maps fushe cause the f18 & j10 are well ballanced at missile evasion & makes for some good dogfights.
as well as op smoke screen & taraba, cause the mig vs euro are more of a match than j10/mig maps vs f35.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6623|Warlord
Wow, and I thought you were against whiners.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

...except for snipers who like to pick people off from a distance that makes it impossible for their enemies to fight back.
That's what the option to change kits when dead is for
The_Jester
+52|6487|Italy
I agree if you are talking about 24/7 Wake servers, usually populated by hordes of teamkillers/runway blockers/teamswitchers/rapers/etc.

But I don't mind some rounds of Wake when it comes in the rotation.
It just needs some good admining. Sure, if uncap attack is allowed, it becomes the most pointless map ever. And no, the "spawn somewhere else" bs doesn't count in this case. "Somewhere else" means that pathetically small isle in the middle of nowhere, aka arty magnet. Under the deck doesn't count either. Never seen a boat completing the entire trip carrier-->island.

If admins enforce a "no uncap attack" rule, then some rounds can be interesting, if USMC guys are not all complete muppets.

Last edited by The_Jester (2007-01-04 11:28:41)

elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6450|USA
I like it when I'm on usmc and we cap the airfield. Fun stuff. Should see some of the scores people have got gunning for me (319 is the highest a gunner has ever gotten with me flying for them and no it wasn't a very long round, just circling south base for a few minutes)

Last edited by elite.mafia (2007-01-04 11:35:10)

KrisPOLANDnorwida
Battlefield 2 killa'
+128|6324|SHAPE, Belgium
I'll disagree Wake is the best map ever made for fighting helicopters and airplanes, but as you also said Karkand is very good too, but the problem is there are no helis and airplanes.
Bosjesman1
+2|6699|Heteren, The Netherlands
wake is okai, but wake 1942 ownes
tha good old days
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6694

This thread made me laugh.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA

KrisPOLANDnorwida wrote:

I'll disagree Wake is the best map ever made for fighting helicopters and airplanes, but as you also said Karkand is very good too, but the problem is there are no helis and airplanes.
So air whores migrate to wake and infantry whores migrate to Karkand?

Wake was a favorite of mine until early 06' when the fags starting tk-ing for aircraft.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard