Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Hitler was religious, there is little doubt of that. His speeches and mentions in Mein Kampf about the German peoples Christian heritige and Christian dominance over the Jews make it quite clear that Hitler was religious.
Hitler's use of "Christian heritage" was a smokescreen for his murderous plan and is hardly in line with true Christian ideals.  A religious person would at least attempt to follow the teachings of the religion they claim to follow. One cannot logically advance the theory Hitler was religious simply because he called himself a Christian.  His atrocities are a direct contradiction of the fact that the Bible describes the Jews as God's people.
At what point did we stop believing wars were fought over lands as well. Violence is in our genetic make up I believe. With or without religion. Religion just happens to be the scape goat some would blame everything on.
And land/possesions!

Can't believe I missed that off my little list earlier.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

He claimed to be, and more importantly thought of himself as, a Christian. Therefore he was a Christian, simple as that. He was a very bad Christian, certainly, but a Christian nevertheless.
I claim to be hung like a horse, I guess that makes it so..lol
That's not the same and you know it.
weasel_thingo
+74|6342

Kmarion wrote:

At what point did we stop believing wars were fought over lands as well.
i and i dont think anyone has said that all wars are because of religion in this thread.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

weasel_thingo wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

At what point did we stop believing wars were fought over lands as well.
i and i dont think anyone has said that all wars are because of religion in this thread.
Thats my way of saying there are bigger things that have set us back time and time again. It seems the obvious stuff is left out.. you know greed, power, big booty hoes.

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

He claimed to be, and more importantly thought of himself as, a Christian. Therefore he was a Christian, simple as that. He was a very bad Christian, certainly, but a Christian nevertheless.
actually it's pretty close. Just to say you are something does not make it so.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-04 09:16:45)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

That wasn't the main point at all though. The underlined bit is the important part.

Bertster7 wrote:

He claimed to be, and more importantly thought of himself as, a Christian. Therefore he was a Christian, simple as that.
Thinking that you belong to a particular ideology is pretty much all there is to it.

Ideologies and physical characteristics are not the same. One depends on personal belief the other does not. Hitler had personal belief that he was Christian, therefore he was.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-04 09:28:26)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

That wasn't the main point at all though. The underlined bit is the important part. Thinking that you belong to a particular ideology is pretty much all there is to it.

Ideologies and physical characteristics are not the same. One depends on personal belief the other does not. Hitler had personal belief that he was Christian, therefore he was.
I understand what you are saying and in all honesty we can really never know what his personal belief or motivation was. It would take much more than an autobiography to peer into a twisted mind like that.

There is a flip side as well. How many times has religion been used for wars when in fact it was for Power or Greed?. So religion might not have been the cause in some of the wars we traditionally associate it with.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-04 09:34:47)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6724

acidkiller187 wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

acidkiller187 wrote:

So what your trying to say is............ I was a monkey? I are don't believe you.
So what your trying to say is you where magicaly made by the power of a being whom no human alive now has seen and who is only talked about in a  book thousands of years old and whom has no possible explaination for his own existence? Both stories can be stretched
So as the saying goes "History repeats itself" does that mean were gonna go from human to ape?

And you just answered yourself (THERE IS NO REAL EXPLANATION)...
Yes history does tend to repeat its in some ways, but your saying it goes in reverse which is not the same.  Change it to we will evolve again and you would be correct, but that would not make your point.
Mogura
+17|6378|EUROPE
you guys misunderstand evolution, it don't say that we came from monkeys, it says that  , humans and primates ( not monkeys ! primates ! => primates dint have tail, monkeys do ! ) of today had the same ancestor at about  4 500 000 years ago.

do to climate changes in that part of Africa, the populations of that ancestor were split by great African rift, those who stay on the west in the forests became what we know today as primates ( gorilla, chimp,... ) and those at arid desert east had to adapt and started the line of what we call hominidae, and we homo sapiens sapiens are the last one in the line.

its a slow , very slow, procesus, and there is a lot more things about, its not so simple to explain, ... what you hear all the time about evolution its a very very very silpified version of it

Last edited by Mogura (2007-01-04 10:31:22)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6540|South Florida

Mogura wrote:

you guys misunderstand evolution, it don't say that we came from monkeys, it says that  , humans and primates ( not monkeys ! primates ! => primates dint have tail, monkeys do ! ) of today had the same ancestor at about  4 500 000 years ago.

do to climate changes in that part of Africa, the populations of that ancestor were split by great African rift, those who stay on the west in the forests became what we know today as primates ( gorilla, chimp,... ) and those at arid desert east had to adapt and started the line of what we call hominidae, and we homo sapiens sapiens are the last one in the line.

its a slow , very slow, procesus, and there is a lot more things about, its not so simple to explain, ... what you hear all the time about evolution its a very very very silpified version of it
Yeah its typical that people say humans evolved from 'monkeys'... ok
A. The monkeys NOWADAYS are a lot different that the ones we evolved from, therefor the statement "you couldnt have evolved from something that doesn't exist"
B. Scientists say we have very CLOSE DNA to that of a primate. But they don't say we have the SAME. Therefore the statement "So your saying im a monkey" doesn't work
C. Science will never stop progressing, eventually when we do put together scale models of ancient humans from the bones we found that creationists will just have to make up another excuse, Oh my favorite is "Oh, Its just a test of faith" <-- yeah ok, keep denying facts, even if i found an achient book made the same time as the bible telling how the bible was just made up, you would STILL tell me its a test of faith. LOL
15 more years! 15 more years!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Evolution happens to individuals, not to a species as a whole.
But unfortunately that's wrong too (you're thinking of Laplace's theory of adaptation - an earlier more primative evolutionary theory).
Badly worded... See my later post - I meant evolution is a gradual process of mutation within a series of individual creatures, not a species as a whole.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6585|Portland, OR, USA

acidkiller187 wrote:

So what your trying to say is............ I was a monkey? I are don't believe you.
http://evolutionsp.ytmnd.com/
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6540|South Florida

OmniDeath wrote:

To the OP, nice of you to assume something that isnt true. If you read the whole article it goes on to say

"The Christian community here is very uncomfortable that Leakey and his group want their theories presented as fact," said Bishop Bonifes Adoyo, the head of Christ is the Answer Ministries, the largest Pentecostal church in Kenya.

"Our doctrine is not that we evolved from apes, and we have grave concerns that the museum wants to enhance the prominence of something presented as fact which is just one theory."

The "church" isn't covering anything up. They just don't want the ideas presented as fact when they are merely theory.
Oh, and how many times is Religion taught as FACT in public schools in highly religious areas?
Thats complete bullshit.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Don't bump your year old topic.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard