Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
I think you've misinterpreted my intentions in engaging with Dil and Jay. I really do enjoy hearing their opinions because they're so different from my own. When I think I see a connection that I think they understand (like Atlas Shrugged, which Jay has referenced multiple times, but never explained his connection to) I am trying to see if I have some common reference point to gain insight on their thinking.

This place would be so fucking boring if we all circle jerked all day without trying to get down to what we think. It would be Reddit. I spend my time here and not on Reddit for a reason. It's part of the reason your own caricature is so not-in-line with what I enjoy about this forum. It's all armature without any of the comedy, insight, or intrigue.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Uzique
You are a typical Social Justice Warrior. You argue anti-bigotry but will then use bigotry to talk down to everyone when they disagree with you. I am not going to go through and list all of the hateful things you have said over the years but you know what I am talking about. As for me? I treat everyone here nicely almost all of the time. I am super easy to have a conversation with. You have been famously abrasive.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-05-03 15:48:22)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3444
there's been a change in tone in the internet generally over the last few years. jay and mac are good weathervanes. suddenly their posts are full of these blithe judgments about women, gays, any number of things contrived as 'culture war' activity. i dare say that a few years of a trump presidency have set a national tone, and these people now feel enabled to just put out these low-effort, zero-ratiocination statements. it tallies with the talk of being 'cucked', a liberal/SJW, a traitor to your race/creed etc etc.

though i disagree with dilbert on just about every topic of import, i can sort of see how he's arrived at those views. i see who he is, socio-culturally and demographically, and i can understand how his life has given him a certain set of beliefs. with macbeth it's like he 'found religion', only without the religion aspect. just a crude set of judgments and mean things to say about other people. may as well have got into a football team or found some new MTG deck. with jay it's the same. he changed his reading pattern and goes to a set of right-wing blogs now. you can tell how much he's thought about it: it's the inverse of how confident and arrogant he sounds. as is typical.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

Pochsy wrote:

It's part of the reason your own caricature is so not-in-line with what I enjoy about this forum. It's all armature without any of the comedy, insight, or intrigue.
You are background furniture. When this site was busy you blended into the background. You don't even have a 1000 karma. When we reminisced about old users, no one even remembered you. At least Jay is memorable.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Uzique
You are a typical Social Justice Warrior. You argue anti-bigotry but will then use bigotry to talk down to everyone when they disagree with you. I am not going to go through and list all of the hateful things you have said over the years but you know what I am talking about. As for me? I treat everyone here nicely almost all of the time. I am super easy to have a conversation with. You have been famously abrasive.
i've never spoken out in support of any 'SJW' causes. i don't care what people do with their genitalia in their own homes and i care even less what people eat as a delicacy on the other side of the world. it's that simple.

how much effort do you waste simmering with hatred and fear over people who have nothing to do with your life? what a drag.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
You go full SJW all the time. You defended China as "a nation of peace" when Dilbert complained about them just because you were offended by proxy.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

It's part of the reason your own caricature is so not-in-line with what I enjoy about this forum. It's all armature without any of the comedy, insight, or intrigue.
You are background furniture. When this site was busy you blended into the background. You don't even have a 1000 karma. When we reminisced about old users, no one even remembered you. At least Jay is memorable.
Would you prefer I leave?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

Pochsy wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Would you prefer I leave?
Don't get melodramatic. Just don't copy Uzique's insults and post style. Even your 'takedown' of me was rehashed Uzique talk. Be yourself, you cuck.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
I mean, I'll try, but I really don't know how to post any other way. Uzi and I confirmed we don't see the comparison between the two of us, so I'm not really sure what I can do from here.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You go full SJW all the time. You defended China as "a nation of peace" when Dilbert complained about them just because you were offended by proxy.
i said that their geopolitical ambitions had been slight for most of history. i never said they were a 'nation of peace' because i don't use that rhetoric.

offended? no. i said his claims they were going to invade australia and japan are hysterical nonsense. which they patently are. making me out to be an SJW because of that is laughable. try harder.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-03 16:03:03)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

Pochsy wrote:

Uzi and I confirmed we don't see the comparison between the two of us, so I'm not really sure what I can do from here.
Uzique is untrustworthy. Detective Dilbert did an investigation and proved this all last month.
uziq
+492|3444
all that stuff has been on this forum since forever. hardly a big secret is it?

meanwhile you try (and fail) to hide your real name and let the blackest part of your soul out on here, all because you're too much of a coward to be an actual catholic and go to confession. a real case!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
I don't know what you mean by "SJW", Mac. Discussing political implications of Chinese expansion has never really been a thing you'd associate with SJWs, probably because it's not related to social justice. He's not going on long rants about feminism or trans people. If I had to pick a phrase to describe Zeek, I'd probably go with "fancy boy".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You think all of the people sick from COVID think it is a small price to pay to defend exotic Chinese cuisine?
I don't believe Covid-19 is currently linked to the woman eating bat soup, or most likely any bat soup. It's a random video respun by Daily Mail, RT, etc. that gave momentum to a xenophobic twitter wildfire. You've been swept up by the currents of a trending meme, mac.

Apparently, the video took place on Palau. Nowhere near Wuhan.
uziq
+492|3444

DesertFox- wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "SJW", Mac. Discussing political implications of Chinese expansion has never really been a thing you'd associate with SJWs, probably because it's not related to social justice. He's not going on long rants about feminism or trans people. If I had to pick a phrase to describe Zeek, I'd probably go with "fancy boy".
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

DesertFox- wrote:

I like you DesertFox-. You are an unique person.

He was defending China because he thought Dilbert was being racist against Asians. So he took the dumbest argument possible, China does nothing wrong, in order to defend Asian people living in the west.
uziq
+492|3444
not what i said. the thread is right there. lmao.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You think all of the people sick from COVID think it is a small price to pay to defend exotic Chinese cuisine?
I don't believe Covid-19 is currently linked to the woman eating bat soup, or most likely any bat soup. It's a random video respun by Daily Mail and RT that started a wildfire on xenophobic twitter. You've been swept up in the currents of a trending meme, macbeth.

Apparently, the video took place on Palau. Nowhere near Wuhan.
This is a good post. I wasn't familiar with any video but I understand and respect your point. Uzique's argument meanwhile is that eating bats, dogs, ant eaters, and cats is perfectly fine when it clearly isn't.
uziq
+492|3444
were we talking about eating dogs and cats? it's a different discussion.

i don't think there's anything wrong with eating bats if it's sanitary, like any other meat. it's a source of protein. most animals pose risk of zoonotic infections, including most of your favourite.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

i have no problem with homosexuals or eating bats
This is not surprising
aren't you a fiercely individual libertarian? why does someone else's sexuality bother you? it literally has zero effect on your life in any way.

you're the guy making nervous bleating noises about things being 'for girls' and 'not manly' all the time. you spent your 20s in the most homoerotic environment possible. stop projecting.
Oh, I don't have a problem with gays or eating bats, I just said it's not surprising that you feel that way.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter etc
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Didn't Jay just leave hints of an evening tryst with a drill sergeant hanging over our heads without providing any of the lurid, juicy details. I mean I'm fine with not knowing but it seems strange for him to push this angle here.

Also mac, can you tell us what's specifically wrong about people eating dogs, cats, bats, anteaters, etc.? I get it if it's just about the conditions they're kept, slaughtered, and prepped. That's one of my concerns about western meats as well.
uziq
+492|3444
jay mentions gays once a day now. he thinks because he's married that he's beyond suspicion. how quaint. no gay man has ever got married and had kids to line his closet, after all.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Didn't Jay just leave hints of an evening tryst with a drill sergeant hanging over our heads without providing any of the lurid, juicy details. I mean I'm fine with not knowing but it seems strange for him to push this angle here.

Also mac, can you tell us what's specifically wrong about people eating dogs, cats, bats, anteaters, etc.? I get it if it's just about the conditions they're kept, slaughtered, and prepped. That's one of my concerns about western meats as well.
I told the story, you missed it amongst the mean posts from macbeth
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Well thank you for your openness. Everything starts somewhere.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard