henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6359|Belfast
hey guys!

im getting alot of fustration over the explosive badges!!!!!
im trying to get vet but i just cant get 20 kills!
im sure some people here have edited their files for orange hilight etc
if u kill with a nade it says its explosive but its not included in the badge req
if its not a explosive (accoring to them) wat type is it???

P.S   give me hints also how to get the the explosive badges plz
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6545|Valhalla
Vet/Expert explosive is easy as hell to get on IO, also it takes no skill throwing nades...

Last edited by loonitic (2007-01-03 06:08:44)

KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6463|Cambridge, UK

So bullets should count as well as they have small explosive charges in them....

The badge is to show you can use the tactical explosives C4 & AT-Mine (unforunately also inclused Claymore which most belive should only be used for defense so shouldnt be valid either for this badge)

As for a hint on how: concentrate on just using the explosives, dont forget and start noob tubing, throwing HE, or whatever. Youve only got 4 kills with AT-Mines go practice.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

have you ever considered ... maybe ur not an expert at using explosives?
teehee1988
+5|6648|Birmingham, UK
Claymroes take less skill than grenades.
Do it on an IO server.
Warlord is good. 20 man server with 64 player size-rounds go on for ages.
Use a mix of c4 and claymores-dont woryr about your k/d. And you'll get it easy
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6609|Cheshire. UK
AT mines FTW........you can rack up AT mine kills on Warlord by dropping them at the gates to the Palace or the openings towards the Mosque  just make sure your teamwork is up to scratch by having a Support guy with you to replen your AT mines...
fermium
+2|6545

KylieTastic wrote:

So bullets should count as well as they have small explosive charges in them....
No they don't. What are you, stupid?
B1GBUD
+17|6607|Under an Artillery Shell

loonitic wrote:

Vet/Expert explosive is easy as hell to get on IO, also it takes no skill throwing nades...
Pre-empting where someone is going to appear by carefully throwing a nade does take some skill... unlike spamming claymores in allies and near spawn points which doesn't.

How exactly did you get your Explosives Ordinance Badge? as your stats would suggest it was using gaymores!
manitobapaintballa
+32|6629

fermium wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

how do they fly?? fairies perhaps
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6530|Adelaide, South Australia

manitobapaintballa wrote:

fermium wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

CO2 canisters
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6545|Valhalla

B1GBUD wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Pre-empting where someone is going to appear by carefully throwing a nade does take some skill... unlike spamming claymores in allies and near spawn points which doesn't.

How exactly did you get your Explosives Ordinance Badge? as your stats would suggest it was using gaymores!
C4 followed by gaymores (I just got lucky I guess)
Last time I did gaymore spamming in IO I racked up 53 kills  (a few months ago that was)
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6609|Cheshire. UK

manitobapaintballa wrote:

fermium wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

Strange I thought the bullet was the projectile and the cartridge contained the explosive??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet

Last edited by joker3327 (2007-01-03 07:45:14)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6638|Warlord

jsnipy wrote:

LOL

teehee1988 wrote:

Claymroes take less skill than grenades.
Do it on an IO server.
Warlord is good. 20 man server with 64 player size-rounds go on for ages.
Use a mix of c4 and claymores-dont woryr about your k/d. And you'll get it easy
QFE

henno13, just look for a server that'll have a round long enough and as long as the teams are reasonably balanced vet shouldn't be difficult (if it's too one-sided it'll be much harder). If you're lucky you'll get expert the same game, the 20 vet kills becoming part of the 30-kill total; that's what happened to me and I wasn't even going for it, didn't even want it actually.

Probably the two best maps for this are Warlord and Karkand but Leviathan, Sharqi, Mashtuur, Night Flight and Ghost Town are all possibilities.

Claymores are the easy option since you can place them and forget them, and with a little care you'll get a minimum of two kills per pair; use 'em right and you'll get maybe 15 flag defences just from the clays, which is good for you, good for your team (it'll help the round last too so it's all good). If you're lucky you'll have friendly support players dropping ammo bags, or a commander on the ball with supply drops, but if you're not it'll be a lot tougher.

You don't even have to be a total claywhore for this either... mining high-traffic areas or spawn spots... I got my badges on Warlord and I didn't step foot in the palace once the entire game.

And as I've said before, if you don't get it first time try again! If the awards were that easy to get everyone would have them already
golgoj4
+51|6785|North Hollywood

jsnipy wrote:

hahahaha
golgoj4
+51|6785|North Hollywood

fermium wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

do you know how a gun operates? Are u familiar with whats in a bullet? are you really that fuckin dumb? forgive me if your just makin a joke but...
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6413|dm_maidenhead

B1GBUD wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Pre-empting where someone is going to appear by carefully throwing a nade does take some skill
No it doesn't, it really doesn't
NiMee
+6|6517|Singapore
i am a trained engineer officer based in Singapore. Claymores and At mines etc are classified as explosive ordinance.  HE grenades and hand thrown explosive are called pyrotechnics. Bullets and shells ( Shotgun ) are called  ammunition. Explosives are ammunition which can cause AOE damage to personals or vehicles. Charges i learnt during my term as a Cadet, are also called explosives. With regards to Grenade launchers, generally they are referred to mortars. ( hand held ). They are not classified as explosive ordinance.

Last edited by NiMee (2007-01-04 16:11:49)

Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6414|Alberta, Canada

golgoj4 wrote:

fermium wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

do you know how a gun operates? Are u familiar with whats in a bullet? are you really that fuckin dumb? forgive me if your just makin a joke but...
I'm sorry, but you're wrong golgo.

In a gun, I'll use a rifle for an example. (Even though it is no different from any other firearm).
The pin hits the back of the case of the round. Causing a spark, igniting the gunpowder inside of the case. This tiny explosion makes gas which has nowhere else to go, except to push the bullet out of the case, and the chamber of the barrel of the rifle.
The bullet has no explosive charge in it. The explosive charge is behind it.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6638|Warlord

golgoj4 wrote:

fermium wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

LOL is this addressed to KylieTastic or fermium?

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

In a gun.... The pin hits the back of the case of the round. Causing a spark, igniting the gunpowder inside of the case.
The firing pin hits the primer, which ignites, which sets off the powder. It doesn't just 'cause a spark'
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6797|Bulgaria
oh... all this reminds me that I still don't have the Expert explosives badge
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6638|Warlord

Nikola Bathory wrote:

oh... all this reminds me that I still don't have the Expert explosives badge
Well now you know one of the easy ways to get it
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6414|Alberta, Canada

Todd_Angelo wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

fermium wrote:

LOL is this addressed to KylieTastic or fermium?

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

In a gun.... The pin hits the back of the case of the round. Causing a spark, igniting the gunpowder inside of the case.
The firing pin hits the primer, which ignites, which sets off the powder. It doesn't just 'cause a spark'
Yes. You are correct. I was tired yesterday and just wanted to point out that the actual bullet doesn't have a charge in it.
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

I think they should be considered explosives. But they can't be used to get an award.
enterprizer
+2|6350|Singapore
this is getting dumb...

From "Getting Explosive Badge", to "arguing about whats in a bullet", then suddenly "talking about how a bullet works"

I still havn't seen any technical tips on gaining the badge
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6414|Alberta, Canada

enterprizer wrote:

this is getting dumb...

From "Getting Explosive Badge", to "arguing about whats in a bullet", then suddenly "talking about how a bullet works"

I still havn't seen any technical tips on gaining the badge
I got mine on Ghost town, with C4. FF on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard