ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6392
GJ

now go and get a life.

Seriously. Tell that to a girl. See how far that gets you.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6869|Marathon, Florida Keys
over 1000 hours on one map. You must be bored.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6392

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

over 1000 hours on one map. You must be bored.
not just one map. It's Karkand. Which is down there with the likes of Jalalapoormod and songhua shitmap.
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6502
I went to wake island for the first time since its novelty wore out on me back closer to its release date...

I still don't know why I ever left Karkand. Two words describe that map: Pure boredom. Whenever it looks like something exciting might happen and two armies start to duel it out on the island, fucking artillery fucks it all up. Thank you everyone who has told me to go play vehicles or other maps... if it wasn't for you I wouldn't remember all the random no skilled bullshit you have to put up with on a daily basis. No thank you I would take nade spam over all of that any day.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-01-03 14:57:09)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6590|Boston, MA
Nice, quite the accomplishment, you're obviously the first person to get it done too. +1 for your hard work and dedication.

I'm also loving the 2% vehicle kills.
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6392
random no skilled bullshit you have to put up with on a daily basis
then

I would take nade spam over all of that any day
So nade spamming isnt random no skilled bullshit?

LOL you are stupid.

Seriously, Karkand is just full of no skilled bullshit too. IE, all the MECS spawning at hotel and trying to raid uncap whilst USMC APC goes down the side and caps all the flags over the bridge within 5 minutes. Happens all the time.

Cleansweep, dalian and sharqi is where it's at.

Usual round of Karkand - MECs are the noob team. USMC cap flags all the way to train accident after 500 grenades are thrown in 1st 5 mins, massive stalemate ensues at bridge, one USMC guy sneaks around the back and caps factory, USMC spawn there and come from behind to kill all.

Usual round of Karkand - USMC are the noob team. USMC just stand by the hill and spam grenades all round, nobody figures out how to go around it all. Same thing for 10 minutes. Nade spamming and Hill raids from MEC.

Usual round of Wake - USMC are noob team. Carrier and Island gets raped all round. Thats it.

Usual round of Wake - PLA are noob team. PLA team that didnt get in jet/chopper all go to the end of an island and fire random shots at boats and the arty island. Full Blackhawk flies straight down the middle of the island cause J10/z10 pilots are too stupid to notice, lands right on airfield flag and stops PLA air support. PLA team quickly rushes back to try and cap it back but by then its too late as USMC cap beach and north village.

then two battles ensue either side of island until Cobra decimates all spawning PLA on one side and gives USMC chance to cap it.

The end.

Last edited by ShoopDaWhoop (2007-01-03 15:15:13)

dont_be_ss
+312|6654|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

GJ

now go and get a life.

Seriously. Tell that to a girl. See how far that gets you.
Why bother posting that shit?

Well done on the 100k kills with the Assault rifle. What drives you to keep going after so many kills?

Ive took a short break from sniping but i miss my l96a1 already
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6502
shoop this is why dont argue with people like you. How can you not see that what I wrote was not mutually exclusive...

since I said: "ALL THE BULLSHIT YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH"

AS IN MORE THAN ONE KIND OF BULLSHIT- AS IN PLURAL- AS IN I DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH MUCH MORE THAN RANDOM NADE SPAM WHERE I'M AT- AS IN READ MORE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU POST, DUMBFUCK.

but seriously ur good at quoting out of context, then making urself look like a dumbass for that reason.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-01-03 15:22:06)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6706
I find it funny that the person with the most kills doesn't realize that a scope doesn't decrease random deviation. I wish I knew how to make videos so I could show everyone how horrible that l85's accuracy can be.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6609|UK

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

random no skilled bullshit you have to put up with on a daily basis
then

I would take nade spam over all of that any day
So nade spamming isnt random no skilled bullshit?

LOL you are stupid.

Seriously, Karkand is just full of no skilled bullshit too. IE, all the MECS spawning at hotel and trying to raid uncap whilst USMC APC goes down the side and caps all the flags over the bridge within 5 minutes. Happens all the time.

Cleansweep, dalian and sharqi is where it's at.

Usual round of Karkand - MECs are the noob team. USMC cap flags all the way to train accident after 500 grenades are thrown in 1st 5 mins, massive stalemate ensues at bridge, one USMC guy sneaks around the back and caps factory, USMC spawn there and come from behind to kill all.

Usual round of Karkand - USMC are the noob team. USMC just stand by the hill and spam grenades all round, nobody figures out how to go around it all. Same thing for 10 minutes. Nade spamming and Hill raids from MEC.

Usual round of Wake - USMC are noob team. Carrier and Island gets raped all round. Thats it.

Usual round of Wake - PLA are noob team. PLA team that didnt get in jet/chopper all go to the end of an island and fire random shots at boats and the arty island. Full Blackhawk flies straight down the middle of the island cause J10/z10 pilots are too stupid to notice, lands right on airfield flag and stops PLA air support. PLA team quickly rushes back to try and cap it back but by then its too late as USMC cap beach and north village.

then two battles ensue either side of island until Cobra decimates all spawning PLA on one side and gives USMC chance to cap it.

The end.
I began to read that, but descided life was to short and went to work (so I could cheer my self up, yes I am disturbed)!

Martyn
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6502
theres a difference between functional accuracy and theoretical accuracy given by deviation formulas and such... the L85's scope makes the gun more functionally accurate than most assault rifles.
Chillin&killin
+27|6735|Manchester,England
what i dont get is people talk about being a good infantry player, right so you expect that to happen on gulf of oman or dalian plant. if you think you will be as effective there as on karkand the clearly you dont understand the game. sure theres sharqi and mashtuur oh and jalalabad but when you consider(for pople that dont know history) tanks for instance are open ground vehicles so can excel in open maps like smoke screen or dalian

seems to me your damned if you play karkand(for being a "nade spammer")
and your damned if you play wake(J-10 whore)

take your pick do you like vehicles or infantry. you dont see too many IO Kubra dam as that map IS ONLY for vehicles. please understand that its his game he chose to play infantry so he plays infantry maps.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6645|Seattle

stryyker wrote:

blow me cockblock.
If you want to get all "up close and personal" with the stat business, vehicles count for 49% of my kills, Infantry counts for 50%.

And I would show "good job!" or "nice one!" if he had helped 100 babies from a burning orphanage. But when it comes right down to it, Its the internet, and its serious business.

edit: I respect DMoT for his handywork, im just not going to go gay saying it.
thats better than ridiculing him over something dumb like unlocks. u probably werent being such a douche afterall. 50% is nothing to hang your hat on when your weapon ratios suck. but excuse me, its stupid to tease peoples stats. or their weapon choices in-game. so i should leave you be. are u starting to get it now, cockblock?

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-01-04 07:54:35)

[Hive]-Twist
+13|6425
Don't bother learning to use unlocks since you can't use them in most leagues (twl/cal).
adv3rsary
+28|6776
bf2 whore
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6502
if unlocks were used in leagues I would probably play CAL or TWL... the L85 is too much fun to part with.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-01-04 18:24:03)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6690|Washington, DC

I commend you on your achievement, but Jesus Christ! How can you put up with all that fucking sand for thousands of hours? How people can continue to play that god-forsaken map for hundreds of hours on end completely escapes me. I really find it hard to believe anyone that says they play Karkand for "the intense infantry combat". Fucking bullshit, if you really believed that you'd play Spun's BFPro server. You don't though, because you can't get rank in that server. God forbid you don't get your precious points!

I'm glad I got off the KarkaineweedLSDdopeacid addiction when I hit Master Sergeant. I've discovered the other maps that BF2 came with, you know, the other parts of the product your $50 went towards.
Jello.01
+46|6668|DFW, Texas
You should play some nice Sharqi, just don't let the MI-28 get in the wrong/powerful hands and you'll be fine, infantry is way fun there.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6384|New Haven, CT
Dalian, Dragon Valley, Oman, Kubra Dam and Daqing are where it is at, except when getting badges. Karkand IO is best for that.

Anyways, the L85 has alway treated me well. I find it more powerful that you  make it out to be, and the scope helps immensely.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6645|Seattle

Hurricane wrote:

I commend you on your achievement, but Jesus Christ! How can you put up with all that fucking sand for thousands of hours? How people can continue to play that god-forsaken map for hundreds of hours on end completely escapes me. I really find it hard to believe anyone that says they play Karkand for "the intense infantry combat". Fucking bullshit, if you really believed that you'd play Spun's BFPro server. You don't though, because you can't get rank in that server. God forbid you don't get your precious points!

I'm glad I got off the KarkaineweedLSDdopeacid addiction when I hit Master Sergeant. I've discovered the other maps that BF2 came with, you know, the other parts of the product your $50 went towards.
one good reason not to play at the spun server is that there are frequently only like 3 people on it. i get bored of empty servers faster than incredible maps. and bf2pro is very unbalanced if u ask me. wtf is up with their SMG nerf? why does the m16 need to be that much better? i think they completely jumped the gun in making the changes they did. in this case DICE did a better job balancing than that dude from 20ID or whoever it was.

people get high ranks by playing a lot of hours. you end up with many more hours of bf2 time in 24/7 servers that dont reload all the time. most 24/7 servers are wake or karkand (and this has been historically true in particular). there are many people that sit at their computers for a lot of time on open rotation maps, but get about the same amount of time in-game as someone who spends less time, but is always in 24/7 karkand. now are the people in the 24/7 servers point whores? or are they people that want to sit down and have instant and continued action? points are just a proxy for how much time u spent actually doing something amusing (and gaining skill). not just running or waiting.

i find playing on an open rotation annoying because i am always having to conform to whatever the server+the enemy feels like doing. like i might want to play infantry, but if the server goes to daqing i might realize that i have to fly if i want to help the team. or i might not want to fly a chopper but be forced to do it for that reason. by the same token, if i am setting out to fly jets for a while, it drives me insane when the server then switches to a favorite infantry map. if u just sit down to some 24/7 karkand, you know its going to be fun. no douchebags TKing you for the jet that u dont actually want but know u need to use.

no matter what, good playing requires adapting to what other people are doing. but if u choose the map and its IO, for example, then it becomes difficult for other players to completely ruin whatever it is you wanted to do. you actually get some say in what strategy you use, without sacrificing your contribution to the team. (ie, it can be very hard to have a nice tank round on an air map).

HERES THE KICKER

Playing the same map over and over and over and over actually DEVELOPS skill. If you are always changing what it is you are doing, going from map to map, always filling the needed role, then you are giving each skill very little practice time. You are essentially forcing yourself to practice under such a wide variety of variables that it is harder for you to know in each case, what you did wrong, and what you need to do better. take just the skill of aiming. you have to learn it individually with almost every single weapon. if you spend a thousand hours on karkand, learn all the weapons, then move on to other maps, you actually know what will work there and what wont. you wont be testing out dumb ideas on a playing field that is already weighted against you as infantry. there are only a few maps that are actually fun for infantry, and karkand is the one that is easy to find 24/7 servers of. you could whore any infantry map and it would hone your skills, but if u are always switching maps and scenrios your rate of improvement for each skill will drop.

i get so sick of explaining these simple things on this forum every day

like half of the people here post twice a day about karkand and unlocks

hate to break it to you but its a level playing field. anybody that thinks a particular unlock will save them, probably has the unlock. and anybody that thinks overall performance correlates more strongly with time on a map or time in IO than it does skill is, im sorry, completely retarded. so stop this poorly thought out campaign. u dont actually have a point other than "if i dont like it, they shouldnt either!"

and i dont mind people expressing their views on it, just realize that there are intelligent reasons to play karkand that dont involve dedicating yourself to points over fun. this guy above talking about "fucking bullshit" is a perfect example of the kind of ignoramous im sick of (and that guy, hilariously, has at least 40% more time on karkand than any other map). self-hating bf2 players ffs...

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-01-04 20:57:56)

power9787
+10|6642
i don't understand everyone hating karkand or sharqi or wake, even everyone plays it the most in hours
don't bitch about karkand, the only reason i play bf2 is for the infantry( mostly infantry)and vechicle, and how is the games made and the rank, and stats
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6502
I completley agree with you Marine, and for that you get a plus one...(I don't give em out often cuz I'm lazy)

As far as what hurricane was saying about Spun's server: Check your facts mate, I've been playing there quite a lot just not so much after new years. Ask anyone who plays there regularly and they will tell you they've seen me there. Now here's the reason I don't play there much anymore. I was tempted to try it out to see what all the fuss about BFPro was all about and why there needed to be a mod to play BF2 competively. I tried it out, it was quite different but fun at the same time since it was new. I liked the accuracy of the weapons and the AK was sure as hell more deadly than in regular. I also found that I could actually do well with burst rifles as well. I found the balance between the m16 and AK to be pretty good. Here's what turned me off about BFPro. WHY THE FUCK IS IT SLOWED DOWN. That was the first thing I noticed about it, whenever I tried to dive or jump I felt like I was traveling through a jelly like substance. This was extremely annoying to get used to and proved to me that there was nothing intense or fast paced about BFPro infantry combat. I mean who the fuck agreed to let's slow this shit down and kill the whole adrenaline rush of jumping over two guys and then wasting them with their backs turned screaming: WTF HAX!! I realized that BFPro is overrated and is certainly a different game which I think it doesn't do the original game justice.

And in case anyone is thinking this no, I did not completley suck balls at it so that's why I quit or am talking down about it. I actually did well enough to compete with all the players there and there wasn't anyone who was so godlike that I couldn't kill them when I really motivated to. Sure I wasn't nearly as good as some of the players who play it all the time, but with practice I'm sure I could be at the top of the leaderboards every round.

So there you have it, I'm not so involved with the stat system and ranks that I wouldn't spare my time to try what the "pros" are playing. I use the term pros loosely because I'm confident that there is only a select few league players that can do as well as I can in a full 64 player server of regular old bf2. I admit I've seen people like peacemak3r and his buddies completley rock a server, but this is usually rare and even I have ridiculous streaks every now on then. My point is that most of these so called pros won't look that special in a 64 player pubs because their tactics and practice against maybe 4 or 5 enemies at one time is obsolete against the continual onslaught of infantry that a 64 player server can provide. In other word's a team consisting of the best pub stars of Karkand( I mean really skilled w/ rifles and such not just nade whoring like volx) would FUCKING OWN a team of the best CAL or TWL players in a 64 player match on Karkand. Some may not agree but I think this would be true considering the raw practice and pure instinct engraved into the minds of the best 24/7 kark players.
Longbow
+163|6707|Odessa, Ukraine
gratz to you ; I suggest you to try out playing assault .
NASTY_BUTLER
+41|6573|Infiltrating the Smurf Village

DivineMomentofTruth wrote:

i always blame myself when it misses... it usually happens when i get too happy on the trigger. It takes discipline... like learning to use a samurai sword.
lol....did he just say that?   ...what a dork.

Dude you have perfected a single facet of what BF2 is.   Why don't you take this as a hint to learn the other aspects of the game before lauding yourself moreover with the same comments about the same single way of playing the game.

1400 hours of Kark

1400 hours with out teamwork  ...without VOICE?  ....without overcoming artie, tanks, planes considering them as obstacles to be dealt with rather than avoided altogether   calling them unskilled when they are something that is mastered much as a medic gun and shockpaddles in IO is.

congratulations.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6741

NASTY_BUTLER wrote:

DivineMomentofTruth wrote:

i always blame myself when it misses... it usually happens when i get too happy on the trigger. It takes discipline... like learning to use a samurai sword.
lol....did he just say that?   ...what a dork.

Dude you have perfected a single facet of what BF2 is.   Why don't you take this as a hint to learn the other aspects of the game before lauding yourself moreover with the same comments about the same single way of playing the game.

1400 hours of Kark

1400 hours with out teamwork  ...without VOICE?  ....without overcoming artie, tanks, planes considering them as obstacles to be dealt with rather than avoided altogether   calling them unskilled when they are something that is mastered much as a medic gun and shockpaddles in IO is.

congratulations.
A butler some people really believe that IO karkand is the end all when it comes to skill in this game. I tried making that ^^^ point in this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55793&p=12 but all the IO karkand players disagreed with me.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-02-18 20:19:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard