misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6446|Indianapolis, IN
All,

I want to thank everyone in advance for reading/replying to this post. I am moving out of my current residence, I have a roomate we've lived in this particular apt complex for 2 years now. I live in a really nice apt complex, I want to move on my own, (my roomate doesn't like to hear BF2 at 2 am on a weeknight) I have the choice between a mid-range apt or stay at the current complex (high-range).
A 1 bedroom is $650 a month with the 'new year special' + utilities blah blah blah, you guys get the picture.
BUT should I stay somewhere nice, low crime and people with decency or move to a complex that has section-8, kids running around the place, thin walls and low-life human beings? The two bedrooms are there they're $450 a month, that's a considerable savings, but the apartments are old have a VERY ugly style to them, to be honest I don't think I'd be happy living in that environment. I pull in a net income of $2600 a month I can swing it, but I like to save my money for a home next year. I'm only 22 years old I'm just in a bind here, would you rather save the cash, or 2 live somewhere better over all but much higher prices?

Thanks again guys I appreciate it, This is a huge decision for me.

Last edited by misconfiguration (2007-01-02 11:24:00)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6674|Camp XRay

live in the nicer place or go ahead and buy a house.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6741|Devon, England
I would say the nicer one, you will appriciate it later on in life.
arson
+99|6687|New York
Go for the low rent untill you are secure enough to start paying off your own mortgage.  Save the money while you can. No one expects you to be living in  a mansion when your just  starting off and anyone that does isn't worth associating with anyway.  Better to save and pay off yor own mortgage then someone elses IMHO
  btw who the fook wants to hear BF2 in the middle of the night besides us?  Get some decent headphones ffs.
misconfiguration
GURU

arson wrote:

Go for the low rent untill you are secure enough to start paying off your own mortgage.  Save the money while you can. No one expects you to be living in  a mansion when your just  starting off and anyone that does isn't worth associating with anyway.  Better to save and pay off yor own mortgage then someone elses IMHO
  btw who the fook wants to hear BF2 in the middle of the night besides us?  Get some decent headphones ffs.
Thanks for the advice, albeit I don't dig headphones, I bought my klipsh 5.1 pro-media for a reason .
jsnipy
+3,276|6573|...

Make doing what it takes to get into a house/condo or any other bought property priority #1. Otherwise ur tossing money away.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6713|USA
NIcer one rather than the ghetto complex.

Overall, kick your roomate out. He's the one with the problem.
jsnipy
+3,276|6573|...

if ur romate does not like the sounds of bf2 .. get some headphones
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6439|New York
house means putting money into an investment, rather than pissing it away. i personally can't afford to do this yet, but hopefully soon. you should consider it too, plus, if you fix it up, you can sell for more money.

i had the same thing. i lived in a shithole basically for 425 a month, two bedroom, old building. i got out of there fast. now i'm with a roomate and we split a 810 a month apt and it is considerably better (nicer neighborhood and everything else). go for the better one. i am so much happier where i am than where i used to be. if you can afford it, do it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Dwit
+34|6560
Get headphones, wait a year and buy your own house.

Last edited by Dwit (2007-01-02 11:46:59)

Mogura
+17|6413|EUROPE
ok thats it ! listen to Mogura !  GET MARRIED ! yeah get married with a rich woman, who will work, made food, wash, rise chldrens , ... all that for you ! you just play BF2 and watch football on tv
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6713|USA

Mogura wrote:

ok thats it ! listen to Mogura !  GET MARRIED ! yeah get married with a rich woman, who will work, made food, wash, rise chldrens , ... all that for you ! you just play BF2 and watch football on tv
Good luck with that. Send me her sister.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6599|USA bitches!
Nicer area. You won't have to worry about someone breaking in and stealing your shit, or being shanked while walking to your car. Put the few extra bucks down a month for a nice apt. I did.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6767
I don't know why, I'm starting to get tunnel vision now... But only on the things I concentrate on. That's what you should do, live in the better apartment. So you won't get tunnel vision like me.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mogura
+17|6413|EUROPE

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I don't know why, I'm starting to get tunnel vision now... But only on the things I concentrate on. That's what you should do, live in the better apartment. So you won't get tunnel vision like me.
cyborg ninja tell us how it is to find a good appartement in taiwan ? do you live in a seismic standard proof building ? its expensive to have a good apartement ? if not expensive i come to live in taiwan ! :p

ps: what kind of appartements ninjas live in, anyway ???

Last edited by Mogura (2007-01-02 12:07:44)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6731|Dayton, Ohio
Depends on whether you have the discipline to save the extra money for the house or if you will blow it anyway.  Also, thin walls and your klipsh may not play well together.  You may get a cap in your A** from your neighbor hood smack dealer.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6767

Mogura wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

cyborg ninja tell us how it is to find a good appartement in taiwan ? do you live in a seismic standard proof building ? its expensive to have a good apartement ? if not expensive i come to live in taiwan ! :p

Depends on what city you live in. Taipei is expensive as fuck though. Where I live a good 2 room apartment would be around 350usd a month. Oh btw, the tax is fucking low here, food is cheap as well (local), internet is cheap, hell pretty much everything is cheap.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6746|NJ
Ok first off all your rent is really cheap.. I'm crazy jelous New Jersey sucks. Second if it's a high crime area and I assume you have a car, the amount of money that you could potentially loose by getting mugged, or replaceing cars will really even it out. So I'd have to say go with the nicer place because quality of life is worth the extra money.
Mogura
+17|6413|EUROPE

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Mogura wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Depends on what city you live in. Taipei is expensive as fuck though. Where I live a good 2 room apartment would be around 350usd a month. Oh btw, the tax is fucking low here, food is cheap as well (local), internet is cheap, hell pretty much everything is cheap.
omg thats cheap :p here in bruxelles in belgium, a normal 2 room is about € 800 (euros are stronger than usd)

thats it ! push your stuff make me a place i come to live with you :p we will make partys every night :p
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6700|Keyboard

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Mogura wrote:

Good luck with that. Send me her sister.
ROFL
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6767

Mogura wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Mogura wrote:

omg thats cheap :p here in bruxelles in belgium, a normal 2 room is about € 800 (euros are stronger than usd)

thats it ! push your stuff make me a place i come to live with you :p we will make partys every night :p
You can find a really good job here since your white White men are rich in Asia.
misconfiguration
GURU

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok first off all your rent is really cheap.. I'm crazy jelous New Jersey sucks. Second if it's a high crime area and I assume you have a car, the amount of money that you could potentially loose by getting mugged, or replaceing cars will really even it out. So I'd have to say go with the nicer place because quality of life is worth the extra money.
Well the cost of Living is higher in Jersey, I used to run around Rutgers in New Brunswick, the rent is MUCH higher around there than Indiana. $650 for a 1 bedroom is about top of the line around here, besides downtown Indy lofts they push $1200 a month.
SoC./Omega
+122|6591|Omaha, Nebraska!
Save your money for a nice area, no crime and stuff.
Mogura
+17|6413|EUROPE

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Mogura wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

You can find a really good job here since your white White men are rich in Asia.
LOL, its this some kind of racist bullshit ? :p
autopilot
banned
+115|6398

Make a mental picture of the two different ones, let the apartment be girls instead.

Take the one that looks nicer (expensive).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard