ghost_dog_mom
+1|6717
I just got done playing BF2 SF for the first time and was granted an unlock as I left the server.  I picked the F2000 assault rifle, but then when I went to play again the gun did not show up at all in my choices.  Gun doesn't show up in the game, or in BFHQ for that matter as I scroll through all the kit options and unlocks.  I double checked in SF2 and even loaded the original version of BF2 to see if maybe the unlock happened there - but nothing.  I searched the forums and found only one mention of the fact that you need the G3 unlocked to get the F2000, but I unlocked the G3 a long time ago, so that can't be the problem.  Anyone have any clue what could have happened?  Hate to get nothing out of an unlock.....
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra
its should be there after the g3 in your assult kit, it will only show up in normal bf2 not sf and when you click the arrows it should be after the g3....apart from that i got a no eyed deer.
zhushma
+-1|6728
These new weapons on sf are crap you can only get them on the seal and sas, why not the damn spetnaz, have you seen what they did for the russian spetnaz, they gave the medic a ak-47. this is the special forces we are talking about, at least give me an ak74, come on this is bull
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

zhushma wrote:

These new weapons on sf are crap you can only get them on the seal and sas, why not the damn spetnaz, have you seen what they did for the russian spetnaz, they gave the medic a ak-47. this is the special forces we are talking about, at least give me an ak74, come on this is bull
Way to make a nice, constructive, helpful post...

As heart_attack mentioned if you click the little unlock cycle weapons select twice in the kit selection screen it should cycle over to the F2000 after the G3. If this is not working then I guess you can try and get a response from EA Support...
ghost_dog_mom
+1|6717
Well, last night I finally got the F2000 to show up.  I killed a guy, took his kit, and he had the F2000.  Well after having fun with it for a little while, I got wasted, and when I went to the respawn screen...VIOLA, there was the F2000 as a choosable option.  It stayed choosable for the rest of the time I was logged on that night - hopefully it's still choosable the next time I play, as I haven't played again since, and when I left that night and checked out Battlefied HQ, the F2000 still didn't show up in the kit equipment screen as an unlock.

What a wonderful and strange bug!  :-0

Last edited by ghost_dog_mom (2005-12-03 00:11:23)

Sleepkever
+0|6763
AAAAARG, i got the same problem with the F2000 and the Scar-L, can't use them but in my bfhq it sais it is unlocked and here on bf2s.com it is also unlocked. And to fix this i have to find an other person with the F2000 or Scar-L and pickup his kit? :S Don't you just love EA -_-'
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6811|ATX
OK, just so everyone is clear....

BF2 - SF UNLOCKS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR USE IN REGULAR BF2....  YOU CAN NOT USE THEM IN SPECIAL FORCES, SINCE THEY ARE ALREADY THERE.

ok.. Caps Lock is off now...  sorry for shouting...
bgthigfist
+0|6796

Clayton_Bigsby wrote:

OK, just so everyone is clear....

BF2 - SF UNLOCKS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR USE IN REGULAR BF2....  YOU CAN NOT USE THEM IN SPECIAL FORCES, SINCE THEY ARE ALREADY THERE.

ok.. Caps Lock is off now...  sorry for shouting...
Why the hell would EA have unlocks in an expansion that can't be used in that expansion?  This makes no sense.  Your statement "you can not use them in special forces, since they are already there" is contradictory and unhelpful.  Someone else told me that you can only use your unlocks in SF if you are on certain teams and on certain maps.  I unlocked the F2000 and SCAR-L, and have been using them in BF2 for a week.  I still haven't found a map on SF where I can use them, nor have I found a map/team where the F2000 is 'origional equipment' for that map.

Is this something that EA is looking to patch, or do they have some twisted rationale for the practice?  Maybe I should upgrade some weapons in Guildwars that can only be used in Raven Shield? 

Gotta love EA.
megatronmack
+0|6711
I have been playing BF2 for a while now and have most the unlocks, when I got SF2 I was automatically granted 4 unlocks.  I picked the special forces, medic, engineer, and assault.  When I play BF2-SF I cannot use the new weapons, only my 1st tier unlocks, but everyone I kill (and teammates that get killed) have the 2nd tier unlocks.  What gives?  I have tried re-installing the game and patches.  It really sucks to be the only guy using a mediocre weapon.  If anyone has some advice I'm all ears.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

You may have noticed that some teams, (namely SAS,) have such weapons as the MP5, F2000, Mgwhatever, and G36E, (etc.) They are the core weapons in Bf2:SF, and you do not have the option to choose themif say, you're in an Insurgant side with different weapons. yet, if you play what is now referred to as "Vanilla" BF, you will be able to select the SF unlocks. Really, I can't think of a more simple explination.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-22 23:52:13)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard