YXAndyYX
tank/plane/helo wh0ring since 2005
+8|6869|good old europe
I don't know if any of you ran into problems with your CD keys yet, but I made these two little programs to make it easier to change your CD-Keys for Battlefield 2 and Special Forces for whatever reason.

I just hate having to install SF again and patch over and over again if you wanna change the keys.

One note before you download them, these programs include the exe file used by the offical patches and the sf setup to encrypt your key in your registry, thats why you should run them with the windows account you want to play BF2 with afterwards as this is encrypted as well and you won't be able to play otherwise.

I hope I didn't publish anything illegal, but I think I didn't as these key changers do exactly the same as the setups / patches but don't copy or change any files.

If anyone is interested in the source code or has any suggestions / feature requests / whatever, just let me know.

OK, nuff said now, here are the links:

Battlefield 2 Keychanger

Battlefield 2 Special Forces Keychanger

Last edited by YXAndyYX (2007-01-02 10:53:33)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6975|Kubra, Damn it!

Why would you need to change your CD key?
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6703|I'm a Viking....Norway
When you get PunkBusted you need a new key.....
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe
I actually did because I own two copies of BF2/SF/EF/AF to be able to play with my brother / friends etc.

And sometimes these keys needed to be "copied" to another system which usually meant a whole new installation of BF2 and components.
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

Ki][mE wrote:

When you get PunkBusted you need a new key.....
I never thought of this before but ... hey, you're right.

Edit: Argh, sorry for double post.

Last edited by YXAndyYX (2007-01-01 17:03:23)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6803|under there hayousaidunderwear
Yeah as much as you are helping the community, the majority of people who will end up using your program will be hackers.
chittydog
less busy

YXAndyYX wrote:

I actually did because I own two copies of BF2/SF/EF/AF to be able to play with my brother / friends etc.

And sometimes these keys needed to be "copied" to another system which usually meant a whole new installation of BF2 and components.
That makes no sense at all. Multiple people can login under one installation (obviously not at the same time), so why would you need additional copies? Also, if you're copying to a new system with a whole new installation, why would you need to change the CD key? Just enter it during installation.

Last edited by chittydog (2007-01-01 17:05:57)

YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe
For what could they use it?

They still need legit keys to play online...

So their main problem would be the pretty expensive purchase of two new copies of BF2 and SF.

Last edited by YXAndyYX (2007-01-01 17:13:27)

chittydog
less busy

YXAndyYX wrote:

So there main problem would be the pretty expensive purchase of two new copies of BF2 and SF.
Aaaah, I see. They don't want to buy it, so they use a hacked CD key. You should of just said you were helping them steal the game to begin with.
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

chittydog wrote:

YXAndyYX wrote:

That makes no sense at all. Multiple people can login under one installation (obviously not at the same time), so why would you need additional copies? Also, if you're copying to a new system with a whole new installation, why would you need to change the CD key? Just enter it during installation.
1. Yeah, but maybe we wanted to play simultaneously... That could be a reason for more than one pair of keys, huh?

2. They all bought BF2 after trying it out some time, that made another key change necessary, as they wanted to play with their own keys.
majorassult
I <3 ak101

YXAndyYX wrote:

So there main problem would be the pretty expensive purchase of two new copies of BF2 and SF.
Nope.  There is a way to change and still play multiplayer.
chittydog
less busy

YXAndyYX wrote:

2. They all bought BF2 after trying it out some time, that made another key change necessary, as they wanted to play with their own keys.
That finally makes sense. Sorry about the hacking accusation then...
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

majorassult wrote:

YXAndyYX wrote:

Could you explain that please?
nonexistentusmc
+26|6585|Queens, NYC
Isn't that amazing. I tried playing today and it says my CD Key isnt valid. I got kicked from CainsLair because my claymores were TKing everyone. Not intentional of course, was laying them around the flags on Wake and Mashtuur to prevent flag captures. Do I use the program posted above? Or any other suggestions?
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

chittydog wrote:

YXAndyYX wrote:

Aaaah, I see. They don't want to buy it, so they use a hacked CD key. You should of just said you were helping them steal the game to begin with.
Argh, you're right there, didn't think about that much before.

But my progies don't do anything that was impossible before, they just save some time, legit gamers and sadly hackers as well.
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Isn't that amazing. I tried playing today and it says my CD Key isnt valid. I got kicked from CainsLair because my claymores were TKing everyone. Not intentional of course, was laying them around the flags on Wake and Mashtuur to prevent flag captures. Do I use the program posted above? Or any other suggestions?
If it is a legit key, you could at least try it.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6585|Queens, NYC
By legit, meaning the one that came with the game when I bought it right? Mentioned above was that if you get PBd you need to change it... meaning they logged my CD Key so that I can't play anymore? Where can I get another "legit" key then?
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

nonexistentusmc wrote:

By legit, meaning the one that came with the game when I bought it right?
Yep.

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Mentioned above was that if you get PBd you need to change it... meaning they logged my CD Key so that I can't play anymore? Where can I get another "legit" key then?
Buy another copy of BF2.
majorassult
I <3 ak101

YXAndyYX wrote:

majorassult wrote:

YXAndyYX wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=58519
nonexistentusmc
+26|6585|Queens, NYC
Buy another copy of BF2? Wow, that's plain crap then. I ain't doing that shit. I played the way the game was meant to be played and it's not fair that I go through that because some kids can't handle being TKd by a claymore triggered by the enemy.
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

majorassult wrote:

YXAndyYX wrote:

majorassult wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=58519
I don't see where that circumvents the possesion of a legit and not banned key, these are only other ways to change the key, mine is just more comfortable...

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Buy another copy of BF2? Wow, that's plain crap then. I ain't doing that shit. I played the way the game was meant to be played and it's not fair that I go through that because some kids can't handle being TKd by a claymore triggered by the enemy.
Don't worry dude, usually you don't get banned permanently for clay spamming, just wait a week and try to join that server again. Works in most cases. Just one more hint, don't try to clayspam on that server next time.

Last edited by YXAndyYX (2007-01-01 17:27:55)

nonexistentusmc
+26|6585|Queens, NYC

YXAndyYX wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Don't worry dude, usually you don't get banned permanently for clay spamming, just wait a week and try to join that server again. Works in most cases. Just one more hint, don't try to clayspam on that server next time.
But it's not just that specific server. I've tried joining others and it still says CD Key Invalid. Still wait a week? BTW, this happened Saturday night. But I didn't play after getting kicked from the server until tonight after reading your post.
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe

nonexistentusmc wrote:

YXAndyYX wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

But it's not just that specific server. I've tried joining others and it still says CD Key Invalid. Still wait a week? BTW, this happened Saturday night. But I didn't play after getting kicked from the server until tonight after reading your post.
Hmm you may try to reenter your keys using my programs, but I'm not sure if it's going to fix your problem as I'm not aware of what actually caused it.

Last edited by YXAndyYX (2007-01-01 17:47:24)

nonexistentusmc
+26|6585|Queens, NYC
Well I re-entered my key and it worked, thanks a ton! +1 for you!
YXAndyYX
+8|6869|good old europe
Good to know that I could help at least one non hacker.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard