Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6771|Alabama Coast, USA

Opiate wrote:

I wouldn't count on it, EA has no incentive to help any 3rd party site. Especially when most of them are functional. I hate to sound like a prick but coders have such god complex's (I am a coder also I know).
Perhaps... except that the other feed is one that they really don't want anyone to use (I'm not sure, I think that feed was meant for IGN, or Gamespy, or something...  their business partners).  The feed that Chuy uses was created to get these sites off that old feed...  so it being down pushes people back to something they don't want used.

B...  I was saying 3rd business day yesterday, counting Wednesday (as the expansion came out Tuesday), but they probably didn't know Wednesday anyhow... so today probably is the 3rd... I was shooting long, where it still sounded short, hehe.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

Opiate wrote:

I wouldn't count on it, EA has no incentive to help any 3rd party site. Especially when most of them are functional. I hate to sound like a prick but coders have such god complex's (I am a coder also I know).
Perhaps... except that the other feed is one that they really don't want anyone to use (I'm not sure, I think that feed was meant for IGN, or Gamespy, or something...  their business partners).  The feed that Chuy uses was created to get these sites off that old feed...  so it being down pushes people back to something they don't want used.

B...  I was saying 3rd business day yesterday, counting Wednesday (as the expansion came out Tuesday), but they probably didn't know Wednesday anyhow... so today probably is the 3rd... I was shooting long, where it still sounded short, hehe.
doesn't matter. give or take a day, we will have to wait anyway.

not before next week, is my guess.
|EZ|CRUSHER
+0|6714|Longview, TX
I played SF for a couple of days, got all my basic kit badges all over again. I even got my explosive ordinance badge too while on SF. I knifed 10 people in one round but didn't get that badge for some reason. (This is a new account so I don't have much yet.) I have looked at my stats on this page before and the stats of many other people but now I can't. My account name is the same as my username listed here. Any thoughts?
mikman
+1|6766
I wouldn't hold your breath.  EA probably will never fix the problem.  They usually ignore what the users have to say... I hate to be a pessimist but thats the way it is.  Might as well be switching to the other sites to check your stats cause they probably won't be updated here for a long time to come...

EDIT:

No disrespect to Chuy and this site, it is by far the best site out there.  But I fear that EA will never fix the issue and Chuy may be forced to go back to the old XML feed like the rest of the sites have...

Last edited by mikman (2005-11-30 18:06:29)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6838|North Texas
Are you sure EA doesn't listen? I think you need to research a little bit, before making erroneous comments like that. CLICKME

They're paying attention, it may seem like they don't, but they obviously are.
mikman
+1|6766

NM156 wrote:

Are you sure EA doesn't listen? I think you need to research a little bit, before making erroneous comments like that. CLICKME

They sure don't listen to individual users, I had an issue with my account, and fought for weeks with support on it, finally to give up and start a new account.  Thier method of attaching the account to gamespy is a joke and they have not implemented it correctly and will not fix.  But thats another topic.  All I'm saying is IF EA decides to fis the issue (which they might) it will be a long time before we see it.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6838|North Texas
I'll agree with the account management, it plain sucks donkeys.

You have to understand, they out-source their help desk people. They read from computer screens, that gives them a "logical answers" to the customers problems/complaints. That'll never change...
CackNBallz
+45|6734|Toronto, Canada

NM156 wrote:

Very interesting thread.  I hope they actually implement some changes, especially the red tag and Anti-air against jets.  Anti-air against helicopters is fine after the 1.03 patch. Removing C4 and getting points for removing explosives is an awesome idea!
mikman
+1|6766
Maybe if Chuy gets a fast response time on this issue, then he can share the contact with all of us so we can get our account issues straightened out :-)
Griever92
+0|6714|Cagary, Alberta, Canada
For the time being, i found a decent stats parser @ http://www.gameslave.co.uk/bfparser.cfm
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6838|North Texas

CackNBallz wrote:

Very interesting thread.  I hope they actually implement some changes, especially the red tag and Anti-air against jets.  Anti-air against helicopters is fine after the 1.03 patch. Removing C4 and getting points for removing explosives is an awesome idea!
The are working on a new patch: Community Update 11/30/05

More good things to come it looks like!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

mikman wrote:

No disrespect to Chuy and this site, it is by far the best site out there.  But I fear that EA will never fix the issue and Chuy may be forced to go back to the old XML feed like the rest of the sites have...
If I go back to the "old ways" I would literally crash their servers. That's why I was kicked out previously -- I caused some much traffic one friday (from people checking their stats) that the account server (which runs on the same machine, apparently) took a nose dive in to BSOD land.

I am litterally fucking stuck. I CAN'T GO BACK, and until they fix it, I'm shit outta luck.

3 days and counting...  (note that I had the site, and UBAR, SF ready in about 2 days DURING THE HOLIDAYS...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
xilix
+0|6758

chuyskywalker wrote:

mikman wrote:

If I go back to the "old ways" I would literally crash their servers. That's why I was kicked out previously -- I caused some much traffic one friday (from people checking their stats) that the account server (which runs on the same machine, apparently) took a nose dive in to BSOD land.

I am litterally fucking stuck. I CAN'T GO BACK, and until they fix it, I'm shit outta luck.

3 days and counting...  (note that I had the site, and UBAR, SF ready in about 2 days DURING THE HOLIDAYS...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Good job man, we appreciate the work...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard