Swiftekho
+0|6772
My only complaint is that they need a silencer option for some guns (M4, M16, SVD)
Swiftekho
+0|6772
What the hell... You think I am posting in the wrong thread... You go off and spam... Sure, I wouldn't mind if you said that then posted something at least REMOTLY on topic...

The guns aren't more powerful, just different models and different set ups (i.e. different scopes, different shot types (burst, full auto) and then different style of gameplay... Flashbangs!)
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6764|The Island of Carls Jr.
Don't be pissed because we Spec-ops ppl get "better" weaponry, I mean how else am I gonna use a G-36E
in Karkand? and how am I gonna use it as an American instead of a British guy?
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6797

rEdTe@M wrote:

Swiftekho wrote:

My only complaint is that they need a silencer option for some guns (M4, M16, SVD)
Wrong thread
Shut up

swiftekho wrote:

What the hell... You think I am posting in the wrong thread... You go off and spam... Sure, I wouldn't mind if you said that then posted something at least REMOTLY on topic...

rEdTe@M wrote:

Should I Repeat What I Said
LMAO!  Im seriously laughing my ass off right now hahahahaha.

Anyways, about the weapons, they aren't overpowered at all.  And yes, we paid $30, for the expansion, so we should get the new weapons.  Don't start with that $5000 uber gun crap - that isn't even legit.  It's like comparing killing someone in a video game to killing someone in real life.

Personally, I think the medic gun is the best of the lot, and it was needed given how sucky the L85 was (IN MY OPINION, flamers.  Stand down).

Jeez, the next thing y'all will be bitching about is how BF2:SF maps shouldn't be restricted just to BF2:SF.
-xDookiex-
+0|6801
These topics with noobs whineing about SF are getting annoying.  All they do on servers is whine and whine and whine. GO GET YOURSELF A COPY. ITS ONLY 30$!  If you can't afford that your a poor retard and its your fault. We paid for the extras, we deserve them. The new guns all have their advantages and weaknesses, but the new unlocks are a heck of a lot better then the others.
Jodah3
+1|6758

rEdTe@M wrote:

Should I Repeat What I Said
Please, start paying attention in English class before flaming people.  For being 14 years old, all of your posts are pathetic and painful to read.  My friend's 8 year old daughter has better grammar skills.

Now, onto some worthwhile discussion:

Sud wrote:

My medic has been killing at about 2x his normal efficiency since I had a SF friend unlock the SF gun on my normal BF2 account.

I'm sorry, but that gun is, in every way, an upgrade.
I'm sorry, but this is no more than opinion.  I personally still like the L85 better than the new gun.  It could be that this type of gun suits your playstyle better than the other medic guns or any number of factors that have increased your efficiency.  If you're playing on the new maps it could be that you've adapted to them quicker than the competition, thus you're getting plenty of easy kills while the enemy is wandering around checking out the sights.  It could be a similar effect with the enemy toying with the new weapons on the core maps and you've just adapted quicker.

I've also noticed that my play level is often affected by my mood.  If I have a lot on my mind from work and such I just don't quite focus that well and my play can often be horrendous (1:3 K/D nights following 3:1 K/D nights).  Maybe now that you have this "godly upgrade" in your hands you're subconsciously altering your playstyle to be more effective (i.e. when you unexpectedly encounter an enemy, you instinctively move towards them rather than the natural reaction away, which in turn catches them offguard, which in turn results in a kill for you rather than a death).

This is all completely hypothetical, but my point is that there are way too many factors in determining why you have this sudden increase to automatically attribute it to the weapon.

BUT, even if EA goes out and publishes that Gun A > Gun B, the game is still all about tactics and positioning.  If i get behind you with my L85, you're still dead before you can turn and shoot.
Jodah3
+1|6758
You missed 2 capitalizations, 2 periods, and had 1 spelling error.  It's an improvement, but there's still some work to do.  Study up, test on Friday!
Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA

Jodah3 wrote:

You missed 2 capitalizations, 2 periods, and had 1 spelling error.  It's an improvement, but there's still some work to do.  Study up, test on Friday!
Jodah3 u are now my favorite user on bf2s lol.  Grammer freak.  im not that good at grammer but i got into AP english.  Highschool
Jodah3
+1|6758
Well, he asked for it

Everyone has typos, and I don't even mind the internet jargon, but there are some posts that are so bad, and so annoying to read, that any kind of valid point is lost.  But I probably pay attention to that sort of thing more often than others.  Maybe a side effect from my job *shrug*.
Jodah3
+1|6758

Maj.Do wrote:

im not that good at grammer but i got into AP english.  Highschool
Congrats.  Take it and run with it.  Writing skills are probably the most important to make it through college
Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA
collage essay was hell
H3llWeasel
+0|6744
personally i think its unfair, especially getting raped by the f2000 or whatever the thing that kept killing me in 1-2 shots that i couldnt see was called
however, at the end of the day its just a game
so what if its unfair, wait your little 15 seconds, pick a gun, get up, move on
life goes on, even your 32-bit existence life
Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA
yea i have 2 admint he f2000 is a powerful gun. saw me clanmate using it on Kark. but u know whats worse a mp7 at close range.  But its easy to kill people with f2000s.  Different story for mp7.  But hey its a game, just buy the exp. pack so you can get the unlocks or just bunny hop with a DAO and you can kill them.
Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA
off subject but jodah u happen 2 be in any clan?
Blankwindow
+1|6744
In all honoestly the F2000 is highly inaccuarate and not very powerful. (of all the assault guns i is the weakest from my person tests. with one shot against another assault. Did some test with teo friends in an unranked server. One was a med the other an assault. I put one of each main assault gun into them at the same range to see how much damage it did. The f2000 was the weakest of them all.

Anyway what makes it so good is the player. If you know how to use it. Then it will be a very good weapon. But all the weapons have their downsides. I may be able to take down an engineer or anti tank with their semiauto or auto shotgun with For exmy g36e. But a good support person with the pkm or g36m will drop me usually before i can them.

Hell look at the sf sf unlock the scar-l. it may have more damage then the g35c and a red dot scope. I will get more kills with the g36c any day or night. Why? because i can put three weak bullets into your neck killing you before you can kill me with your more powerful bullets. Actually funnily enough both the g26c and scar-L use the same bullets but the latter has more  power to it in game.

Now the mp7 is a damn good unlock. Yes it is probably the weakest main gun in the game. But that doesn't matter when you get put 5 or 6 bullets onto a target before they get one out their gun and atleast 4 of those 5 or 6 bullets will hit if you are crouched and using sites.  Ofcourse the mp7 will usuallylose at close range because first off it is weak second because if you try and hold the trigger and spray the enemy ou wiwll empty your clip before they can fires 6 or 7 bullets and now ou have to switch weapons or try and reload.
Jodah3
+1|6758
Nope, I've had my fill of clans from my MMORPG days   Whenever I game with my RL friends, we usually end up with the same prefix, but nothing official.
randomfire1977
+1|6752|Florida
I bet people think the helo's got upgrades as well.  I saw one enemy complaining about an SF gamer throwing a flashbang hopping into the enemy's helo and taking off.  They wined about it repeatedly accusing the SF person of being a retard, 12 y/o, etc...   

I laughed. 

We won the match. 
Next round the kick vote started. 

I do plan on getting SF as soon as I get back from the Christmas break, if someone does not buy it for me first. 

I do not notice other improvement besides different weapons, not better, just different they all have their benefits and drawbacks.  I was fortunate enough to find a kit but lasted 3 seconds as i was trying to figure out the weapons and got wasted.  I am hoping I will find another random kit lying around... maybe I could knife them. 

Do SF get sharper knives?  j/k

Last edited by randomfire1977 (2005-11-28 23:30:36)

Jodah3
+1|6758
MP7 is a great gun.  I find myself ground pounding with engineer quite a bit lately It's a tough call which is more entertaining, the pump-action or the MP7.
Jodah3
+1|6758

randomfire1977 wrote:

Do SF get sharper knives?
Completely random thought... but this brought to my mind Commodus's death in Gladiator.  Now there's an animation that should be in the game
Killerbee*DEA
+0|6744|Bamberg Germany
The new weapons are not any better then the unlocks on regular bf2. I have the expansion and i still use the g36c and the g3. Still in my opinion the best weapons in the game. I would take the g3 over the f2000 any day what other weapon besides the sniper rifle kills in 2 hits.

Last edited by Killerbee*DEA (2005-11-28 23:53:01)

Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA

Jodah3 wrote:

Nope, I've had my fill of clans from my MMORPG days   Whenever I game with my RL friends, we usually end up with the same prefix, but nothing official.
well just wondering if u wanna play with TF8 sometime. were not serious yet. we play aot on fridays and sat together either on SF of Bf2, we also casual talk alot of Teamspeak.  you got xfire
if u do contact me on xfire at guitarfreak232

Last edited by Maj.Do (2005-11-29 00:01:23)

Maj.Do
+85|6771|good old CA

Blankwindow wrote:

In all honoestly the F2000 is highly inaccuarate and not very powerful. (of all the assault guns i is the weakest from my person tests. with one shot against another assault. Did some test with teo friends in an unranked server. One was a med the other an assault. I put one of each main assault gun into them at the same range to see how much damage it did. The f2000 was the weakest of them all.

Anyway what makes it so good is the player. If you know how to use it. Then it will be a very good weapon. But all the weapons have their downsides. I may be able to take down an engineer or anti tank with their semiauto or auto shotgun with For exmy g36e. But a good support person with the pkm or g36m will drop me usually before i can them.

Hell look at the sf sf unlock the scar-l. it may have more damage then the g35c and a red dot scope. I will get more kills with the g36c any day or night. Why? because i can put three weak bullets into your neck killing you before you can kill me with your more powerful bullets. Actually funnily enough both the g26c and scar-L use the same bullets but the latter has more  power to it in game.

Now the mp7 is a damn good unlock. Yes it is probably the weakest main gun in the game. But that doesn't matter when you get put 5 or 6 bullets onto a target before they get one out their gun and atleast 4 of those 5 or 6 bullets will hit if you are crouched and using sites.  Ofcourse the mp7 will usuallylose at close range because first off it is weak second because if you try and hold the trigger and spray the enemy ou wiwll empty your clip before they can fires 6 or 7 bullets and now ou have to switch weapons or try and reload.
is the g36 c , the g35 and g26
all the same guns lol.  are u talking about the g36c?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard