ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6746|In your head
I really think that EA needs to get rid of that damn bullcrap. Allowing SF players to use SF weapons on that server is so f'ing ridiculous they have a huge advantage with those things.....I literally watched SF people using the weapons on BF2 servers and they where ranking up points like hell. Alot of people where trying to vote kick them but one person would not vote yes and they where just reeking havoc so EA needs to fix this bullshit big time.
Jodah3
+1|6744

Forum title wrote:

Cry me a river.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6740
That was the whole point of the expansion pack. The people who shelled out 30 bucks for the game get the advantage. There's nothing wrong with selling varying levels of gaming experience; it's legal and good business practice.
Crypto_420
+25|6848|Portland
1st off if you seen someone owning,  thats no reason to try and vote kick him.

2nd if you dont like it,  then go buy BF2SF

3rd,  if someone is owning with a new weapon,  this becuase the player is good,  weapon has nothing to do with it!   All weapons has there advantges yes,  but at the sametime they also have there disadvantges.

4th,  go cry somewhere else

5th,  I would love to own you with what ever weapon you want anytime any place!
SpamJob
+0|6730|Midwest
Wow what a retarded post. Why dont you just find these guys kill them and take their kits. It isn't an unfair advantage. I personally wouldnt mind owning the expansion but since BF:2 is still a new game for me I think ill just wait to buy it. I don't have a problem killing the people that do own it and taking their kits or the fact that they can use them on non SF  servers.

Last edited by SpamJob (2005-11-27 19:11:53)

SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6826|Delaware

crypto_420 wrote:

4th,  go cry somewhere else
6th: Repeal of 4th. This is the complaints section.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6752|The United Center

SpamJob wrote:

not repeating. This is the complaints forum and the original post is a complaint.
he said repeal, not repeat.

it means to remove or abolish.
SpamJob
+0|6730|Midwest
oh yea sorry im tired.missed it i guess...   
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6779|NRW,Germany
Today I played with SF unlocks in BF the first time on two different servers. On the first server I owned with the new weapons but on the second server I got owned by standard BF2 weapons.

I think I´m an average player so I think I can say that the weapon is no indicator for ownage. It´s still skill (nice rime ^^)
SultrySalesman
+0|6731

rEdTe@M wrote:

i dont own SF
but I am pretty sure that SF weapons aren't any better then core BF2 unlocked weapons
they are suspose to be a alterenative choice
G36E has a longer barrel which makes it much more accurate than its sister weapon the G36C. The only other weapon I've messed with is the F2000, and it's not very accurate at all, though it has a nice look to it.
dshak
+4|6818
this is a paranoid reaction at best, none of the SF weapons are that overpowered. there isn't an "overpowered" weapon in the game in my opinion. Even the F2000 which everyone raves about isn't even that great of a weapon, it has ruthlessly bad accuracy when fired in full auto and from what I can tell its grenade launcher doesn't seem to have that much of a splash damage.

the only thing I could see people getting really abusive with would be the flash bangs, but I find those ridiculous anyway )mostly because I am forever being blinded my my own retarded teammates)
FrontRunner91
+0|6791
Seperate servers for SF and normal BF2 seems like a very reasonable request.  EA's lame ploy of allowing SF players in normal bf2 servers is pure marketing bullshit. I was going to buy SF but I think now I'll keep my money and uninstall the game. I'll think long and hard before giving EA another dime.
SlickWRX
+6|6748
I logged on this morning and found out I had like 3 unlocks.  I unlocked a bunch of the SF weapons including the F2000.  So I played for about 4 hours and I didn't really notice any big difference with the weapons.  I actually found myself using the M4 more than anything on Devil's Perch.  You may see more kills with the F2000 but thats because everyone thinks it looks cool and is the uber weapon.  I've come across my fair share of people weilding the F2000 and had no problems taking them down.  Well that is unless they toob me, but then again that can happen with the M203 and GP30.
CreepingDeath
+1|6749
WHAAAA WHAAAAA WHAAAAA BLUHHHH BLUHH BLUHH

God I know what this kid wants for christmas from mom an daddy . . .
SF and a box of tissues . .

He would really be upset with EA if they allowed us special ones with SF to use our hook and line stuffin BF2.

And another thing about the voting thing . . I had a kick vote on me last night on this one server.
You all know what kinda of server im talking about, where there is a vote kick every 2 minutes all during the round. I had made a comment about it, how these BULLSHITass kids need to go to bed, and dont they have school in the morning ?
  What was really funny was, that I had 2 back to back first places on the server. Then i had said that if they spent more time trying not to get pwned instead of voting they mite do better then be in last place. Then over an over these kids tried to kick me.
KIDS after 11 pm its adult time. Go to bed, so we can play a serious rounds.
Lawk
+2|6779

Crypto_420 wrote:

3rd,  if someone is owning with a new weapon,  this becuase the player is good,  weapon has nothing to do with it!   All weapons has there advantges yes,  but at the sametime they also have there disadvantges.

5th,  I would love to own you with what ever weapon you want anytime any place!
Thats the stuff right there!  Nice work Crypto
Sud
+0|6752
My medic has been killing at about 2x his normal efficiency since I had a SF friend unlock the SF gun on my normal BF2 account.

I'm sorry, but that gun is, in every way, an upgrade. Watching people drop flat after 1-2 triples is just surreal. Taking on DAO-12 antitanks close range is pretty hilarious as well. With this gun unlocked, I would never, ever, consider using any of the base BF2 medic guns over it in any situation. Right from the very moment I fired that thing for the first time, seeing the lessened deviation in the bullets against the wall, my jaw dropped at how damn good it was.

Is that not the very CONCEPT of inbalance?

Hey I have a great idea guys! Let's have EA pressure dice to make a "platinum" edition expansion with a price tag of $5000 per copy. Inside it is a new set of guns that are absolutely flawless in every way - no bullet deviation, sniper scopes, a 10 shot burst, 100 damage per bullet, and a 200 shot clip. Sounds reasonable right? I mean, you guys are arguing that because you spent money you should get some kind of advantage?

Two people of equal skill with two weapons of unequal skill guess who wins. That's right, the one with the better weapon. From my experience with the new SF medic gun, there is absolutely no disadvantages attached to it whatsoever. I would never contemplate using any of the other options available to me in ANY situation.
Vartan
+10|6748|Belgium
Lol, I don't own SF yet but I enjoy it this way, ads more depth to the game with different weapon sounds here and there...and it's always fun to follow an SF guy, let him get killed and try out his kit :p
Weapons are balanced, everything is fine.

It would have been different if SF people could use grappling hook, tear gaz, and such things, but weapons..HELL YEAH
Sud
+0|6752
Yeah Vartan, I'm surprised you even notice those weapon sounds way up there in your Jet.

Come on man, you're about as unqualified to comment as to the balance of the new weapons as Richard Simmons is to be the spokesman for manliness.

Try unlocking one of the new SF assault rifles, use it for a couple of hours, and play at at least a base competancy of 1:1, then tell us what you think of the balance.
YitEarp
+1|6730

Sud wrote:

My medic has been killing at about 2x his normal efficiency since I had a SF friend unlock the SF gun on my normal BF2 account.

I'm sorry, but that gun is, in every way, an upgrade. Watching people drop flat after 1-2 triples is just surreal. Taking on DAO-12 antitanks close range is pretty hilarious as well. With this gun unlocked, I would never, ever, consider using any of the base BF2 medic guns over it in any situation. Right from the very moment I fired that thing for the first time, seeing the lessened deviation in the bullets against the wall, my jaw dropped at how damn good it was.

Is that not the very CONCEPT of inbalance?

Hey I have a great idea guys! Let's have EA pressure dice to make a "platinum" edition expansion with a price tag of $5000 per copy. Inside it is a new set of guns that are absolutely flawless in every way - no bullet deviation, sniper scopes, a 10 shot burst, 100 damage per bullet, and a 200 shot clip. Sounds reasonable right? I mean, you guys are arguing that because you spent money you should get some kind of advantage?
god your a moron.  1-2 triple bursts... omfg!  you can kill him with 6 bullets!  and guess what, so does the ak-101 among other defaults or vanilla bf2 unlocks.  nice comparison there toward the end, thats not flawed at all... tool.  they didnt make an expansion with every weapon being perfect or even that much better than others.  they are merely an alternative.  the support is more accurate but less powerful, the medic is more accurate but has no full auto, the assault has less accuracy and power than the g3, but a bigger clip and a nade launcher, the spec ops does more dmg but more recoil, etc.  see the pattern?

each weapon they offer is different than previous defaults or unlocks of course, otherwise whats the point.  you may not feel the tradeoffs are even and that the new unlock weapon is slightly better.  whats so wrong with that?  if they werent better in some way they wouldnt ever get used.  but the guns themselves dont pwn u, the person using it does.  dont act like its impossible to kill people with sf unlocks, cuz it aint much different than killing someone using a good bf2 unlock or default.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6798|Oakland, CA
Im pretty sure the expansion pack only adds new night maps, tear gas, flash bangs, zip lines and grappling hooks, the new weapons come from the patch, but im not sure.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6845
every weapon has its advantages and disadvantages, its just a matter of how you use them... SF wepons are not  better than regular vanilla weapons by a huge margin to be complaining about. i dont have SF but i'm plannin on buying it next week or so... wut makes you think that they are better is that you see skilled players using them EXPLOITING their advantages to their max to get full results, and you stuck with vanilla weapons think "OMG EA SUX THEY NEED TO FIX THIS BS, BIGTIME@#)%*&@#".. grow up.. life ain't fair either...

Last edited by -(PK)-DarkIllusion (2005-11-28 18:11:23)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6760|United States of America
Yippee thats the way to put it!  I like the fact that the new weapons are here.  It gives me more tactical advantages, I have to use them and think about what to do with them still.  The G36 for the medic is OK to me, if it were full auto like the SAS spec op version then i might use it.  I still whoop on people with the ak-101 though, and i have the l85a1, which is worse by my standards.  I might have to get the g36 just to keep a good medic ratio.
Swiftekho
+0|6757
If you ask me, I think the new weapons are just the primary upgrades with new skins and sound (I do own SF). My MG36, my favorite gun now, is my favorite gun for one reason, it is a PKM with damn accurate burst-fire. The medic rifle I also love because it has the power of the L8, but burst fire like my favorite, the M16. (I would play with the M16 OVER the L8 just because of burst fire.

All this "more powerful" stuff is bogus if you ask me... Just wait for the UBAR to be updated with these new weapons... Then we will see
Hyper_Dude
+5|6828|United Knigdom

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Im pretty sure the expansion pack only adds new night maps, tear gas, flash bangs, zip lines and grappling hooks, the new weapons come from the patch, but im not sure.
The weapons are actually in game. In the SF maps, the unlocks are often standard weapons for certain armies, with the Core BF2 unlocks as the unlocks. The SF unlocks are only unlocks in core BF2. Eg. British SAS gets the F2000 as the default assault gun on Ghost Town etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard