Poll

would you want to be the smartest man ever?

yes58%58% - 24
no41%41% - 17
Total: 41
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

if you had the chance to know everything in the universe such as the meaning of life and whatnot. Would you take the oppertunity? i dont think i would because i like not knowing things, learning can be fun and knowing absoultly everything just dosent seem that fun to me so ill leave it up to you guys.(sorry for wrong spelling)
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6821|Denver colorado
yes, why? because I would then have total power. once you know everything you then have the opportunity to change anything because you will know how to.

Last edited by lavadisk (2006-12-29 20:23:48)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

lavadisk wrote:

yes, why? because I would then have total power.
people could still kill you
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6821|Denver colorado
true, but If you used psychology to make everyone want to protect you because you are their saviors then you would be able to go unharmed.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

ok, but you would know when you would die(natural), when your hair would fall out. wana know that?
dubbs
+105|6623|Lexington, KY
If you knew everything, why should you live?  Life is a learning experience, and you could not have that if you knew everything.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

lavadisk wrote:

true, but If you used psychology to make everyone want to protect you because you are their saviors then you would be able to go unharmed.
but not everyone would instantly follow you, and lets face when they get what they want from you your dead

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2006-12-29 20:27:58)

Cubanpenguin
+35|6669|Kingston, Canada
Why should you live you ask? Well for sex of course, and if you knew everything then you would know exactly how to get with chicks when ever you wanted
13rin
+977|6471

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

but not everyone would instantly follow you, and lets face when they get what they want from you your dead
Well, if you knew it all, then you'd know how to get people to follow you, and you'd know how to deal with the mob.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

DBBrinson1 wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

Well, if you knew it all, then you'd know how to get people to follow you, and you'd know how to deal with the mob.
maybe some people would plain just not like you because you have to much power.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

if you had the chance to know everything in the universe such as the meaning of life and whatnot. Would you take the oppertunity? i dont think i would because i like not knowing things, learning can be fun and knowing absoultly everything just dosent seem that fun to me so ill leave it up to you guys.(sorry for wrong spelling)
Essentially, you are asking if I would like to be God.  Yes, being God is basically my version of nirvana.
Commie Killer
+192|6379
What would it matter, no one would believe you. It would be essentially useless.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

Commie Killer wrote:

What would it matter, no one would believe you. It would be essentially useless.
but if you could prove it was all right

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2006-12-29 20:48:46)

thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6322|teh alien spaceshit
Yes. Then I would know if battelfield bad company is coming out on PC.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
No. The zombies want my brain enough. God.

I know, I know. Fail.

Last edited by Poseidon (2006-12-29 21:24:57)

Mafia47
+27|6732|Chicago
you wouldn't get laid so no
jonsimon
+224|6487
Being all-powerful would be boring. I suppose I would shrivel up and die or something.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6648
How about just knowing everything about one certain thing, get a hell of a good job that way atleast...yea thats what Im going with.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638

Mafia47 wrote:

If you were that smart you woud know how to lay anyone you wanted.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Mafia47 wrote:

If you were that smart you woud know how to lay anyone you wanted.
Smart people can't do daily stuff though, look at Einstein, fucking genius and he doesn't know how to make a cup of coffee... Also married to his cousin.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Even if you knew everything, you wouldn't necessarily be smart. You would just be the most educated person ever. We could take all the knowledge in the universe and pump it into Homer Simpson, but he wouldn't know what the hell to do with it.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6692|MoVal So-Cal
Knowing everything and telling no one would be the key here. Think up some neat things, make the money and have fun knowing everything
Dan Havok
+14|6420
hell yeah i'd want to know everything.   if i knew everything i could solve, or make propositions to solve, so many of the worlds problems.  i could put in action a plan to reduce the amount of people in poverty or help fight starvaition or come up with cures for diseases.  and if you ask where the money for these projects would come from, remember i know every think so i could invent something sweet, make billions, and put that towards my own goals of making the world a little more friendly.

to not want to know everything would be selfish.  ignorance is bliss, you'd be happy in your own little world but every one else would suffer without you gaining ultimate knowlege....provided you use it for good.....
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

Dan Havok wrote:

hell yeah i'd want to know everything.   if i knew everything i could solve, or make propositions to solve, so many of the worlds problems.  i could put in action a plan to reduce the amount of people in poverty or help fight starvaition or come up with cures for diseases.  and if you ask where the money for these projects would come from, remember i know every think so i could invent something sweet, make billions, and put that towards my own goals of making the world a little more friendly.

to not want to know everything would be selfish.  ignorance is bliss, you'd be happy in your own little world but every one else would suffer without you gaining ultimate knowlege....provided you use it for good.....
yes, maybe but there are some people who just dont wana deal with it all god puts smart people on the world for a reason, and imagine you were a docter worked your whole life on a cure for cancer, your close very close then comes this person solves it in 1 day. how would you feel?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Dan Havok wrote:

yes, maybe but there are some people who just dont wana deal with it all god puts smart people on the world for a reason, and imagine you were a docter worked your whole life on a cure for cancer, your close very close then comes this person solves it in 1 day. how would you feel?
Any moral doctor would be happy for the lives that would be saved. Sure, he'll probably feel like he wasted his life, but don't you think saving millions of people from going through the agony of chemotherapy and a slow, painful death is more important that the feelings of some researchers?

I do.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard