jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

I can only recall buying 1 sound card that was not a creative (Vortex A3D). So why would you guess that they are so unchallenged?
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6671|under there hayousaidunderwear
They are so popular that another company would have a hard time coming in and taking over.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

majorassult wrote:

They are so popular that another company would have a hard time coming in and taking over.
yeah but so 3dfx for its time, and where did they go ...
DeCon_1
+16|6529|Atlanta, Georga U.S.A.
3dfx went the way of the Dodo
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6447|King Of The Islands

Diamond Multimedia MX300 ftw! I had a Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1, but it doesn't support the latest EAX very well, and Hercules supported drivers worse than Creative. It was still way better than my Audigy 2 ZS, IMO.

Basically, they're the only ones on the market, so games are only being made for them. Sensaura/A3D owned compared to anything else, but EAX somehow came out on top.

And I bet it would be very hard for someone to name another soundcard on the market (besides onboard).
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6379|Pittsburgh, PA USA
that's werid to see this question, I just got  an X-Fi XtremeGamer about half an hour ago from Circuit City & i was gonna ask someone there why Creative was the only company they had in-stock, I just assumed like some other companys they made some kind of deal with the place. I didn't know there really wasn't anything else.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6730|Oregon
turtle beach was good a few years back...creative just put the most R&D into it and has the best products.
Executiator
+69|6429
I would hope that creative made good sound cards, cuz they make shitty ass speakers...
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6607|Cheshire. UK
Creative a bit like Microsoft in that respect.................they make a good chip then mass produce and sell cheap everyone buys and then you're hooked.... you wont change because it is tried and tested.... its the Linux thing!!
Mad Ad
+178|6519|England, UK
After all the crackling, popping and scratching problems creative has caused me in games (from the so called top performing Xfi), in future i'll be relying on whatever high definition audio I can get from an onboard solution and creative can stick their crap where the sun does not shine.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

Creative has no competition, so they have become lazy.  They had really good products and good driver support when they had competition, but since there really isn't any competition any more they have become lazy.  Their hardware is okay, but their drivers are so shitty there is no word in the English language to describe them.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6663|Teesside, UK

Executiator wrote:

I would hope that creative made good sound cards, cuz they make shitty ass speakers...
A friend of mine was getting way better performance on an old unsupported creative sound card than i was getting on my brand new one.  Never been very impressed with creative, their tech support was hopeless and it took 5-6 months for them to actually release a driver for my sound card that could handle eax properly, and even then it wasn't all that great.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
Because they already have a monopoly...  like Microsoft.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

bah .. Microsoft is not a monopoly ... if you say that then you are invalidating Linux distros and Macs.

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-12-28 06:57:25)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

jsnipy wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

bah .. Microsoft is not a monopoly ... if you say that then you are invalidating Linux distros and Macs.
Microsoft is pretty much a monopoly, they control the OS market, when is the last time the news talked about Linux or mac releasing a new OS?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard