R@ge
+33|6342|Norway
Our sucsess depends on You!!

If nobody like our mod, there's no point making new patches and fixes for it.

So our success with this new mod is mainly because of all those fans out there having a really good quality time.

Our great PR Team decided to rap up another gift to all you fans...

eggman @ realitymod.com wrote:

The team has been working very hard on PR v0.5. Yes, you heard right!  Not v0.41 as we had originally planned since we’ve decided to skip a release and introduce more maps, equipment and a new revised AAS system onto the battlefield. The very first test build of PR v0.5 has been released to our group of testers a few days ago and we expect to release v0.5 in January.

PR v0.5 will include a lot more features than what was originally planned for with  the scheduled release of v0.41. Here is a list of features we are currently working on to be included in the PR v0.5 release :

•    Vehicle crew kits
•    Pilot kits
•    Officer kits
•    Vehicle systems damage
     (highly experimental and may be deferred to a future release)
•    AT4 for US Light AT
•    Land Rover
•    Merlin
•    3 Type 95 variants for PLA: Type 95  w Optics, Type 95 + UGL w Optics, Type 95 w Iron Sights
•    Large collection of new sound effects
•    Global sound effects volume overhaul
•    AAS v2
•    Attack Helo audit
•    Tank audit
•    APC audit
•    New maps to explore and to battle in

Note that when we say "audit" we mean that we've gone through the weapon systems and armor of those vehicle types and altered them to have more realistic characteristics.

Finally some eye candy for your consumption:

https://prmm.dvbsquad.com/media/renders/landrover/landrover_wip01_thumb.jpg     https://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmm/users/rhino/ApacheWIP_thumb.jpg

And a lil Christmas gifty in the form of a Project Reality desktop wallpaper:

https://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmm/downloads/pr_wallpaper1_largethumb.jpg

You can download the wallpapers package here (3.2mb) :
http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmm/downloa … papers.zip
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
I just started playing this and its pretty damn good.

It make some real cool changes to game play. There are plenty of new maps, with many of the old ones in there as well.

Karkand at night looks cool, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it.
There are also Jungle maps and desert maps (I know I saw a thread about those a while ago)
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway

VicktorVauhn wrote:

There are also Jungle maps and desert maps
Mao Valley is the best jungle map ever i think...
Many people don't have the hardware to run that map properly though...

There is nothing better than going behind enemy lines with your squad, and ambush the enemy in the jungle...

Al Fallujah map is the only BF2 map i know of that have successfully added a small sand storm...

Well.. Sometimes it's hard to spot the enemy, so it's not a smart to lonewolf over the dunes in that map...
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6738|England
I put a few hours into this the other night with a few mates from another forum.
Loved the maps and the jungle, loved what has been done.
But a big but, I dont trust it, call me paranoid yeah but cheats dont need crosshairs, it also doesnt matter how good the jungle is, you are a stupid bright colour to them anyway.
May have been the server but I was getting terrible lag in some parts of some maps.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
Yeah Im sure there is a little more cheating going on, but I bet thats true of any mod...
Honestly though I think with the style of game play the cheaters would prefer something a little more rushed.

It has almost no lag for me, which surprises me. It seems to run better then vBF2, and high pings definitely are much less apparent for some reason?
gun.KingRat
+12|6688
Can't wait. I play PR almost exclusively now.
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yeah Im sure there is a little more cheating going on, but I bet that’s true of any mod...
Honestly though I think with the style of game play the cheaters would prefer something a little more rushed.
Could you explain to me why you think there is more cheating in a mod than regular BF?
We have punkbuster on our server, and i thought that was enough..

I got a bit confused there....

... and afraid.....
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6727|Louisiana
Project Reality is great. I'm enjoying it more than vanilla. OMG, my bullets actually hit where I aim! And it loads faster than vanilla too.

Keep up the good work, can't wait till the next release.
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway

xintegrityx wrote:

Project Reality is great. I'm enjoying it more than vanilla. OMG, my bullets actually hit where I aim! And it loads faster than vanilla too.

Keep up the good work, can't wait till the next release.
I'm actually surprised that not more players are playing PR exclusively...

The community is fast growing, but still very small..........
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6559|Southampton, UK

I think i might give it a go
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine
I also enjoy PR Great mod ; love how Britain weapons are done . Can't wait for L86A2 w\e SUSAT 4x Scope
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Yeah, bullets go where you point the gun. The guns are actually powerful. So if you get the jump on someone they won't even get the chance to dolphin dive, re-heal and get that lucky headshot on you. They'll be dead before they can hit the jump and prone key.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6384
i had the old project reality mod but couldnt update so now im redownloading the new one.  Will 5.0 have a upgrade or have to fully download it?
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway

SpawnKiller wrote:

Will 5.0 have a upgrade or have to fully download it?
I’m actually not sure...

We’ll just have to see then
ssj3barua
+55|6687|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
I've played PRMM for a while now. This release is GREAT! The sound effects, the tracer rounds, the fact that not one player can be Rambo. the long spawn times are good too, it makes you really pay attention and not be so careless.
I have to say, I think this mod really beats the hell out of vBF2. Good job
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway
This next release will be better, and more bug free...

If you like PR, or maybe you haven't tried it, squad up, join the PR league, and have fun..
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6738|England
tried it again with some of the PTG chaps but the server/ and also my game kept crashing
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway

wooly-back-jack wrote:

tried it again with some of the PTG chaps but the server/ and also my game kept crashing
Some maps have bugs that will result in Crash to Desktop....

Ejod Desert is one of them....

Set terrain to medium, and that's probably ok....

But YES, we are looking forward to a less buggy release of the mod.....
Not all have problems though, but some have...

The single player  will almost always CTD....
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6738|England
ah right, look forward to the release  then cheers.
It is good but I much prefer it playing with a load of people I know (through playing games with before) much more fun that way than jumping on any random public.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6738|England
is there an issue with xfire?
seems to run a bit better with xfire not running.
before, I was getting disconnected everytime someone messaged me on xfire
had that with POE2 aswell.

athlon 64 3500+
abit an8 32x SLI
256mb 6800GT
4 x 512 pc3200 ram
1 x 80 gig + 1 x 160gig seagate barracuda.
19" tft 1280 x 1024 @ 75hz

nvidia settings set to 'high performace'
BF2 settings set to MEDIUM but then put the view distance back to 100% so it's now CUSTOM (used to run on ultra high)

I get lagged to hell in this mod, especially when there is thunder or jungle or the server saying something, or getting commands.

any idea how to get it to run better apart from going out and buying more bits and build another bleeding PC?
R@ge
+33|6342|Norway
Here is the latest news regarding the next release:

eggman,16 Jan 2007 @ realitymod.com wrote:

Quoter : more v0.5 details
gonna compile a change log sometime soon, but there are a *shitload* of important game play changes to take note of.. here's a few that come to mind:

1. Officer Kits use the Support kit player model; this is so they can be identified distinctly
2. Support Kits use the Assault player model but carry an SAW
3. medics no longer auto heal in vehicle operator or gunner positions, only in passenger positions
4. No Rhino is gay!
5. helicopters are faster and attack helos are much more deadly
6. Light AT doesn't wok effectively against MBTs
7. APCs as mobile spawn points, they now have 8 seats.
8. you need to enter, get kits and get ammo at the doors of the APC
9. New insurgent class structure for realism and balancing purposes. Insurgent Sniper is a pickup kit. Added RPG gunner with a pistol and 2xRPG7 rounds. Renamed "Mountaineer" to "Insurgent" and tweaked the kit a bit.. jack of all trades master of none. Cop carries flashbangs, no more tear gas. Some other tweaks to, but I think those are the highlights.
10. huge amounts of text chat spam has been removed from commo rose commands. NOTE this will require that players pay more attention to the minimap, particularly when localised languages are enabled.
11. bolt action snipers and weapons above .50 calibre can penetrate materials marked as "penetrable" (like thin sheets of plywood and such)
12. VIPs can join squads in xtract and have a map icon
13. Spec Ops no longer has a parachute
14. low on ticket sound is now an air raid siren
15. smoke nades now behave much more like real smoke nades and take a few seconds to build up a good cloud of smoke
16. Insurgents can no longer have a commander
17. Support Vehicles (ammo supply and repair trucks) now have an ammo and a wrench on the model and can only be operated by Engineers and Crewman
18. map has 2 sets of grid squares: 4 large quadrants (NE, NW, SE, SW) and finer detail grid squares (A1, D7, etc). Map also has N,E,S,W indicators.
19. APCs carry a huge amount of trooper ammo
20. tracers reduced to 1 in 5 for most rifles, none for spec ops; tracer effects toned down significantly
21. Insurgents have slightly lower marksmanship skills than conventional armies (except those classes that have had formal firearms training)
22. AT4 is new US Light AT
23. Static AA cannons (ZPU4 and M167) will never respawn and can NOT be destroyed, only wrecked. You will have to repair these assets tor egain their use. If you capture a CP you will not get an AA weapon and cannot use the enemy AA cannons. They should prolly be wrecked so if the enemy retakes the CP they have to repair them before they can use them.
24. All static weapons and army vehicles are now team locked, so a USMC troper cannot drive a Vodnik. Unarmed civilian vehicles are not team locked, but spawners and suicide bombers are team locked.
25. Marksman and Snipers are available concurrently on the same map. Reduction in the # of sniper kits to accomodate.
26. the RIB should be faster.
27. One map "Hemland Province" has buildings on it where almost all of the buildings are destroyable.
28. You are now revived at 13% health. Just enough time to duck for cover before the LSD kicks in.
29. Insurgents can't set Rally Points
30. Heavy AT weapons take about 30s to load a second round.
31. Heavy AT has multiple levels of zoom.
32. Medic healing radius reduced, need to be really close to heal
33. Supply Crates carry much more ammo
34. attempted to dramatically reduce the amount of damage vehicles take form terrain
35. APC cannons and .50 cal mounted weapons are now much more accurate
36. Tanks should behave like Tanks in that they are very powerful and difficult to take out; need to be hit from the rear with heavy AT
37. The A10 and Su25 cannon rounds are much more powerful; A10 cannon heats up very quickly; A10 and Su25 hitpoints beefed up, should be much more capable of sustaining battle damage and remaining effective. You know you only have a couple of strafing runs left when the engine is flaming a bit
38. Helicopters need about a 30 second warmup period before they can be flown.
39. Fixed all known causes of server crashes
40. removed the "SHOOT ME HERE" icons from the field dressings and ammo kits
41. Need a Pilot Kit to operate Aircraft and a Crewman Kit to operate driver and gunner positions on APCs and Tanks; Insurgents need a Mechanic to operate their heavy assets
42. Vehicles can suffer disabling damge such as getting tracked or damaging the turret **still a bit experimental
43. major improvements to causes of lag on Basrah, Hills of Hamgyong and Greasy Mullet
44. Tanks need to be entered at the hatches on the top of the vehicle
45. dirtbikes are a bit less mentol
46. complete volume overhaul for all sounds so stuff that should be loud will be loud; dozens (hundreds ?) of new sounds
47. added some requirements that there are a minimum number of players in a squad to be able to get a limited kit, varies by kit type
48. exiting moving vehicles will give you significant damage, less at lower speeds
49. TK'ing for kits will be bad for your health
50. New HUD layout for limited kits using a popup menu from the center of the T comm rose
51. Officer Kits are avaliable to squad leaders. They have signal smokes, binoculars and the ability to place rally points, which act as spawn points.
52. Rally points can be placed outside of CP areas by Squad Leaders using the Officer kit and act as a squad spawn point.

Heh uh.. that's about 60% of the changelog lol.. which is about 30% of the comments into our code repository. There's a lot of changes in this release. Will post more detailed info once we are on the last test build (soon).
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6747|Mark it zero.
All of thsoe changes sound really good. i just started playing this mod yesterday and fell in love with it
im_in_heaven
+27|6586
Will someone take and post some screenshots of them in game on a few diff maps.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6409|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Sweet shit. I'll give this game(yes, game) a run when .5 comes out.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

Ya this mod is great....It doesn't even install. I got over 4+ (Probably more, but I just aborted) Error messages saying

C:\Program files\EA Games\Battlefiend 2\mods\pr\levels\albasrah\cliend.zip

Error occurred while trying to copy file The source file is corrupted

Abort retry or ignore

Same went for al_fallujah_region,  Mastuur nite, gulf of oman..... I downloaed the damn mod from the official website, and it took 3 hours. Whats the deal???
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard