RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6471|Somewhere else

This has been bothering me for a while.  I have smoked weed in the past. I let that be my past. Fine. I have used hallucinogenic drugs, and leave my mind open to doing again if the time comes.  As we all know Drug use is as old as time, but more recently, this new century in particular, doesn't it seem that weed especially, is smoked by alot of people just because its cool?  Maybe because rappers do it.

I am not looking down on drug users, im just thinking that people who use drugs to look cool, really need to re evaluate thier lives, and perhaps get a damn brain.

I was at a Tenacious D concert, and in the middle of a song some stallion screamed "Smoke weed!" That was his contribution.  So, it got me wondering.  Why say that? It seems that the "hey guys I smoke weed too!" stigma has been getting quite common.   

Has drug use now become a status symbol in some demographies of society? that's my question.

Keep in mind here, that I am not saying drugs are good or bad, Im asking if is drug use the new cool?
acidkiller187
+123|6621
You will always have people that use "Drugs" that think there cool, and then you will have people that do it just for the fuck of it. Me I do it just for the fuck of it, and probably will do so till I'm 80 or a 100.

After all you only live once right.
LockerFish
+47|6697
I'm 17 and in my high school chemistry class there are about 6 guys and 1 girl that talk quite openly about their drug use. While I dont' approve, it's their choice. But I do NOT at all like the fact that one of them got a job at a local store before I did. I would have said "no offense", but I mean to offend, I don't want a fucking pot smoker getting a job before me. This kid is high constantly and it's not like he's clean in other aspects and a good student either. I'm an all A student and healthy and reliable, but he got my job. The end.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6682|Devon, England
It will never be "cool" in my eyes.

never.
Des.Kmal
+917|6609|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
lol

i guarantee someone reading this is high right now. lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6562|USA

Des.Kmal wrote:

lol

like yourself?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6653|USA
Pop culture, Rap, Cheech and Chong, Harold and Kumar....

Weed has been around longer than the drug laws. US Drug Laws FTL.

IMagine legalize and taxing. There's a brilliant idea.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

Des.Kmal wrote:

lol

You are correct sir

I do drugs because they make me feel good. If feeling good is bad, then so be it. I'm bad.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6746
Very many tried drugs around me. So I've tried it too and I dont know what was the big deal about them. They are expensive, most of them are very bad to health (worse than alcohol or tobaccoo) and I dont feel THAT much happier by them. I say if u have good friends whom you can get drunk with its much more better, healthier, cheaper etc...
So IMO about 80% of people start using drugs because they think its cool...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6653|USA
Hyper
Banned
+154|6742

Des.Kmal wrote:

lol

how did you know?
am i cool yet?

actually i do my best to conceal my *adventures*
not that posting this helps that, but then again, this is an internet forum, not my life
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6736|Houston, TX
Before the age of 21, drinking was made to look "cool".  I think it was mostly because you were a rule breaker, a rebel.  Sometimes people look at those (who break the rules) enviously because they aren't allowing themselves to do it. 

Drugs, being illegal for most who post here, will follow that trend and sometimes cause envy in others who want to do it. 

Most people who have smoked weed or used any drug for a length of time will also understand that on the other side of the board, there are comfort in numbers.  That is to say that, if you are around others who share in your habits, it is easier to be accepted. 

You ever had a friend who went coke-head on you?  One of the common scenarios is for the cocaine habit to wedge itself between you and your friend.  He/she will tend to want to hang out with others who do coke.  The new peer group will understand the common effects of the drug that the group shares. 

It shouldn't really impair your ability to hang out with your friend, but somehow..... it does.

I've found that the harder the drug the harder it is to maintain the non drug user friend.
ie - Coke > weed.

Back to the original topic, I've noticed a more "mainstream" feel to weed due mostly to the publicity it gets.  The entertainment industry has given it a generous push into the spotlight.

KJ
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6653|USA

Kung Jew wrote:

Back to the original topic, I've noticed a more "mainstream" feel to weed due mostly to the publicity it gets.  The entertainment industry has given it a generous push into the spotlight.

KJ
IMO its about time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Anslinger

"There was fun in the House Health Committee during the week when the marijuana bill came up for consideration. Marijuana is Mexican opium, a plant used by Mexicans and cultivated for sale by Indians. 'When some beet field peon takes a few rares of this stuff,' explained Dr. Fred Fulsher of Mineral County, 'he thinks he has just been elected president of Mexico so he starts to execute all his political enemies...' Everybody laughed and the bill was recommended for passage." (1)

It illegality is based on racism.

I'd like to see a true third party study of cannabis to find out everything it can do. Besides letting cancer parients eat without vomiting. I believe marijuana is one of the last great mysteries. But hey, Im just a 420 guy.

One more: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1732

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2006-12-26 11:27:12)

Altophish
+8|6491
The Cold Hard Answer

Yep

Always has...always will.

The only thing that changes is the drug.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6566
Tobaccao is bad enough. Smoking is not cool. If anyone can claim anything positive about smoking, lets hear it?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

daffytag wrote:

Tobaccao is bad enough. Smoking is not cool. If anyone can claim anything positive about smoking, lets hear it?
Well, at least you won't beat the shit out of someone or destroy shit when your pissed off.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6653|USA

daffytag wrote:

Well, tobacco is a personal choice as is marijuana except marijuana is illegal. To date no one has directly died from marijuana use. Yet it is the illegal one. And the relaxation I get from a j before heading to bed doesn't infringe on anyone else constitutional rights, then who gives a shit if its positive or not? Im not bothering no one and neither is my j, in my home which I pay for. Yet police would kick down my door if given the chance. Its a hypocrytical wonder. I smoke cigs too and have to say, they are way bad Mmmkay. The green leaf, not so bad in my opinion.

Greater harm?

Tobacoo>MJ

Positives

MJ
relaxation
good nights sleep
taste, sound, and touch are magnified
and munchies keep me fat

Tobacco

not so much
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6385|The Gem Saloon
i smoke chronic every fucking day.....i dont have any issues, hell i run my own business. if someone cant live a normal life because they smoke pot then chances are they arent going to be shit anyway.
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6653|The Outer Circle
https://www.happiecommand.org/stories/Adric_And_Mr_Beam/mr_mackey.gif
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
remember that scene in 'platoon' when they smoke bud out the shotgun...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6653|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

remember that scene in 'platoon' when they smoke bud out the shotgun...
Ther are quite a few of those vids on YouTube.
SealXo
+309|6527
where i live, every kid whos 14 smokes weed.
JG1567JG
+110|6579|United States of America
Anybody that wants to educate theirselves about anything and everything to do with Cannibus/Hemp/Marijuana should check out this book. It has transcripts of the meeting that congress had when they outlawed Marijuana.  It tells of all the enviromental benefits that can come from hemp.  It talks about the medical studies that have been done.  It tells of all the uses for the Hemp plant. It talks about this asshole too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Anslinger <--- Thanks Mason4Assassin444 for the link.
You would be amazed at all the information in this book. And there is a $100,000 challenge on the back cover.
https://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/JG1567JG/TheEmperorWearsNoClothes.jpg
https://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/JG1567JG/TheEmperorWearsNoClothes-backcover.jpg

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-12-26 12:58:07)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6653|USA

SealXo wrote:

I can't condone that.

18 and up like tobacco should be the law.
JG1567JG
+110|6579|United States of America

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

SealXo wrote:

I can't condone that.

18 and up like tobacco should be the law.
I would have to agree with that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard