The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, GC)10%10% - 6
Okami (PS2)0%0% - 0
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (X360)5%5% - 3
Viva Pinata (X360)1%1% - 1
Total: 60
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

The selections I picked are the ones Gamespot is using in their official poll here

You can vote for GameSpot's 2006 Game of the Year award here.
I voted for Gears of War but I have a feeling The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is going to run away with it.

[*]Bully (PS2)
Publisher: Rockstar Games Developer: Rockstar Vancouver

After months of generating baseless controversy, Bully finally came out and cut through all that nonsense with its excellent sense of style, inventive setting and likable characters, and fun gameplay we could all relate to as veterans of the harsh experience that is grade school.

[*]Company of Heroes (PC)
Publisher: THQ Developer: Relic

What would it take to get everyone excited about a World War II-themed real-time strategy game? It took Company of Heroes, which could safely be called one of the best RTS games ever made due to its incredible presentation, intuitive and fast gameplay, and dynamic battlefields.
[list]
[*]Dead Rising (X360)
Publisher: Capcom Developer: Capcom

Capcom has done plenty of good work in the zombie genre (refer to the Resident Evil series), but Dead Rising takes one of the most common memes of horror fiction and runs with it very, very far, delivering a surprisingly unique experience.

[*]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC, X360)
Publisher: 2K Games Developer: Bethesda Softworks

A profoundly immersive experience, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion drastically improved on an already-great predecessor and gives you the freedom to be whomever you want and do entirely as you like in its richly detailed, believable gameworld.

[*]Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Publisher: Square Enix Developer: Square Enix

It spent years in the making, and all that time paid off for Final Fantasy XII, a deep and long-lasting role-playing game that carries on the series' proud tradition of combining memorable storytelling, excellent production values, and challenging gameplay.

[*]Gears of War (X360)

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios Developer: Epic Games

Shockingly good visuals make Gears of War grab you right from the start, but the intensity of the action is what makes this incredible game not let go. Many games have promised a cinematic blockbuster action-movie feel, but few if any have delivered on this level.

[*]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, GC)
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Nintendo

The venerable, iconic Legend of Zelda series deserves its illustrious reputation as a result of games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which set the bar for how inventive, captivating, and beautiful this type of action adventure game can be.

[*]Okami (PS2)
Publisher: Capcom Developer: Clover Studio

Stunningly beautiful and creative down to its very core, Okami is a very uncommon type of game and is a testament to the skill and craftsmanship of its developer, Clover Studio, which sadly shuttered its doors later this year.

[*]Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (X360)
Publisher: Ubisoft Developer: Ubisoft Montreal

The gut-wrenching thrill of close-quarters firefights is brought to life like never before in Rainbow Six Vegas, which creates a far more dynamic experience than what this well-respected line of tactical shooters has achieved in the past.

[*]Viva Pinata (X360)
It might be fun for the whole family, but they'll have to pry the controller out of our hands before we let them have a go at this delightfully addictive, deceptively deep, charming game.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-25 18:08:19)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6540|Boston, MA
I vote for Dead Rising.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6479|New York
Gears of War is honestly amazing.  One of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Definitely worth purchasing.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

All games should be released for all platforms. I'm sick of being unable to play cool-looking games like Dead Rising and Gears of War because I despise consols.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
CommieChipmunk
+488|6579|Portland, OR, USA

Ty wrote:

All games should be released for all platforms. I'm sick of being unable to play cool-looking games like Dead Rising and Gears of War because I despise consols.
Agreed, it's really freaking annoying...

I nully cuz i haven't played any of them...
Rellim83
+7|6691|PA
Midieval 2 Total War FTW!!

Edit- gears of war is amazing, but gets boring after about an hour

Last edited by Rellim83 (2006-12-25 19:46:15)

Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6654|Camoran's Paradise
Oblivion   
Immensely deep, incredibly open ended, detailed beyond anything I've ever seen.  Elder Scrolls gets my vote.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
COH or Oblivion.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Gears of War. I just got my Xbox 360 and GoW....and it's simply AMAZING.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

So many votes for Company of Hero's 3. While I think it was a good game, it just seemed like more of the same for me. I see the franchise going down the same road as MOH in terms of mediocrity.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6704|The Ville

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

Gears of War is honestly amazing.  One of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Definitely worth purchasing.
Cubanpenguin
+35|6687|Kingston, Canada
I'm gonna have to go for Oblivion, such an amazing game, so deep, original and with breathtaking graphics to boot. I know lots of people who don't even like RPG's but love this game, me included.

Gears of War looks pretty good but it just seems similar to Halo in the aspect that lots of people seem to overrate it so much while it is actualy just a good game, not great. But what ever floats your boat I guess.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Viva Pinata Ya Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

2142 got the vote for most dispical use of in-game advertising..lol
http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature … tml?page=2

Battlefield 2142 (PC)
Publisher: EA Games Developer: DICE Stockholm

The future may be uncertain, but one thing is for sure: There will always be in-game advertisements. Even more than 130 years in the future, apparently companies like Intel and Pepsi will be plastering ads all over the place, just in case you're thinking of drinking a soda or upgrading your PC while the world comes to an end.

BTW it does look like GOW is the winner, click on the bottom of the page where the envelope is. http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature … tml?page=2
Xbone Stormsurgezz
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6729|Melbourne, Australia

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Ty wrote:

Agreed, it's really freaking annoying...

I nully cuz i haven't played any of them...
tru that i dont judge fps games until they come out on pc
ozzie_johnson
+98|6667|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
company of heros needs an expansion, only two armys but still a good game best rts ive played.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard