SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6573|Mountains of NC

2006 was a good year for video games but who do you think well take the crown for 2006

you have the PS3 the one everyone thought will dominate but if you didn't wait in line for week in the rain to be one of the first into the store, you're screwed unless you want to fork out $2000 on ebay for it and theres about only 1 game worth playing on PS3

next is the xbox 360, last years only console release now for xmas 2006 you can find the console anywhere but the trouble last year was other than the lack of supply was the lack of a really awesome launch title now for 2006 you've got Gears of War and that game looks awesome and its breaking records left and right

and finally the Nintendo Wii, the underdog, it seemed all media was focused on the PS3 they hardly gave mention to the Wii but as the launch date got closer and closer the hype grew and grew till it seemed that there was more excitement for the Wii then the PS3, Nintendo went back to there roots and stayed on course to be just a gaming console while the other 2 companies are building * all in 1 media machines*

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2006-12-24 12:01:19)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6847|Alberta, Canada

xbox 360 easily wins. It came out before the PS3 and the Wii, meaning more people have one.

Although the first shipment of them did break down.

The PS3 is way too expensive, and the Wii just doesn't look too exciting IMHO.
SoC./Omega
+122|6545|Omaha, Nebraska!

ryan_14 wrote:

xbox 360 easily wins. It came out before the PS3 and the Wii, meaning more people have one.

Agreed.
jonsimon
+224|6499
Wii won. They were more popular than even nintendo thought they would be, theyre really the hidden success story. Plus its the only fully backwards compatible console.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6486|Birmingham UK
getting a 360 in chrimbo sales cba to w8 for a big bulky expensive PS3
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6779

ryan_14 wrote:

Agreed. Developers have had a year to see what works and what doesn't with it, which in turn means better games.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6760|Scotland

Actually, the 360 is proven to have better graphics than the PS3, just check out the gamespot website it is there somewhere. They have compared the biggest games of this and next year, and the 360 still came out on top, even regarding the fact that the PS3 is £200 more expensive and has a "5" times more pwerful chip.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6662|Australia
I honestly believe the Wii needs its on class. It shouldnt be rated with the 360 and the PS3 - mainly because they are more like entertainment systems, whereas the wii is almost soley a gaming system...if that makes sense.

the 360 and the wii have and will dominate this generation. together, they are the leaders of the pack - and ps3 is just following them along.

sony screwed up, badly;
the 360 is well established and doing well;
and the wii is raking in so much cash for nintendo, i believe they are the ultimate winner in terms of revenue. its so cheap and provides so much fun - especially when played with friends - that everyone wants one.
Home
Section.80
+447|6852|Seattle, Washington, USA

I really don't get Sony and Nintendo's marketing strategies. They seem really stupid to me. The 360 has been out for a while, so there were plenty available for this year's holiday shopping. The PS3 and Wii sold so close to the holiday season that they can't produce enough to meet demand. The way I see it, they're missing out on a lot of sales and lots of money.

Edit: As of now, I think the 360 is winner, but with the Wii console itself actually generating profit on each sale, it could over take the 360 eventually.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2006-12-24 13:42:06)

RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6541|Chicago

jonsimon wrote:

Wii won. They were more popular than even nintendo thought they would be, theyre really the hidden success story. Plus its the only fully backwards compatible console.
Backwards compatability and being able to download games from previous consoles are two different things.

The 360 is BY FAR the best system on the market right now. Microsoft is a fantastic company, and the 360 is a fantastic machine. The integrated "blade" system and ability to overlap processes (ie downloading a game demo while playing a totally different game, and still having the ability to message your friends) is utterly awesome.

I'm not even going to get into the PS3's bullshit. Maddox (who you probably know) wrote a great article which totally encompasses all of my feelings: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net … y_bullshit

The Wii is a piece of shit as well, and anyone who bought one is Wiitarded (like that pun?). There was a file that required downloading on the Wii after activating it, which ended up TOTALLY DISABLING the online feature for the people who downloaded it. This means that they were unable to get back online to download a fix for the problem. They had to send the Wii back to Nintendo and get a replacement. I used to be a hardcore Nintendo fanboy, (I loved the Gamecube and DS, I still play both), but the Wii is fucking stupid.

Moral of the story: If you're gonna get a system get a 360. It has the best dashboard features, and has had an extra year to perfect its programming, as well as getting some sweet games and extra hardware. 360 FTW.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6524
360, for Oblivion and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Wii is a ton of fun though.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6644|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
wii
Volatile
+252|6709|Sextupling in Empire

All of the initial releases for the PS3 got bad reviews and the system was scarce, so I'm going to say 360.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6353|Belfast
PS3 owns all next-gen consoles!!!!!!:
Advantages:
Great Graphics
Great Special Effects
Its got the best games!!
Oh yeah, and its not made by or nothing to do with EA (yay)

Disadvantages:
The price is shite(£400/$500)
It delays (i have to wait till March)
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6636|Germany
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6526|Istanbul-Turkey
keyboard+mouse forever...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6535|Boston, MA
I love how people say stuff like "This one is definately the best no matter what." It's really just a personal preference to favorites. Right now, I'm in love with the Wii just because Wii Sports is incredibly fun. XBox360, retarded name geographically, is making the best graphics because it's been out the longest. PS3 seems to have the whole package though and it does have the best specs, that's why I'm going to call it now, a year from now, PS3 will be far more demanding than XBox360. Don't compare the games that are out now. Compare the games that first came out for 360 along with the PS3 games. There's your true comparison. However, Wii will always still be up there but kind of in a category of its own.

I say for now, 360>PS3, then just Wii is awesome on its own, then in a while, PS3>360, Wii will still just be awesome on its own.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6848|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Doesn't matter who wins, PC will always be the trump!!!!111
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6535|Boston, MA

PBAsydney wrote:

Doesn't matter who wins, PC will always be the trump!!!!111
That too.
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6693|The Hague, Netherlands
Wii definitly won this year .....
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6641|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Im a sony man, but because the ps3 and i dont have the wii.

360 FTW
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6663|SLC, Utah, USA
I finally nabbed the Wii myself, and gotta say...

It's a Nintendo to own.  Heck, you can even keep all your gamecube games and play it on the Wii, getting rid of the GC.

The Xbox360 is another one to own.  I don't have one yet, but I don't feel like getting it to start paying 60 dollars for the only games worth getting on it.

The PS3, suprisingly, became available for walk-ins first.  I was in the store last tuesday, and there was quite a crowd in the Gamestop.  As I purchased my game, I happened to inqire about the PS3, and they actually had some for sale.  If I had the money, and wanted it, I could have just walked in and bought it, no line.

Wonder how long it took the Xbox360 to have them in-store for walkins, and how long it'll take the Wii...
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6769|Toronto Canada
Ps3 is so nice, it works well and is easy to use. the interface is killer, the new controllers are bomb.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6768|d
Ps3 will win eventually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard