Hidden&Aiming
+0|6727|Hannover, Germany
A friend of mine says, that he can shot much more accurate with the F2000 but I don't see that.
Does anyone know some true words?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

F2000 GL seems to be a bit less accurate than the M203, as well with a smaller explosion radius.

Correct me, becuase I doubt EA would make it like that.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
I think the older noob cannon is the same as the newer noob cannon and is still being used primarily by the same people. Congratulations on your new noob cannon. May it serve your grenading needs.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Col.B.Serious
+0|6735|Geneva, Switzerland
M203: http://www.colt.com/mil/M203_2.asp

F2000 GL: http://www.fnherstal.com/html/Index.htm

then go to small arms/ Assault Rifles and you will find it.
Coolbeano
+378|6763

I'm sticking with the M16. I like the burst mode and it's much more accurate than the FN.
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6766|Trondheim, Norway
Splash radius must be rduced on the F2k grenade oposed to the other launchers. Now im not an authority on the subject, but after a few rounds of actually having to aim to kill i came to that conclution *cough*

Accuracy on the m203 is also slightly better from my experience. Not to happy about the crosshairs either.

Last edited by [RL]Tarasque (2005-11-27 06:18:32)

Coolbeano
+378|6763

Yeah I'm so used to not having to aim and getting loads of kills at 2 meters but dying in every other situation too.

Hidden&Aiming
@kilroy0097
Why do you say it is a noob cannon?
Just because I kill lots of guys in a row only with the grenade launcher attachment and guys like you get jealous on all those frags?
Are you one of those guys who already complained in CS about guys who were skilled with the AWM and made use of it?

I accept everything that is possible in a game, even if the enemy is baseraping my ass.
Everything else is bitching around. Go and learn how to play the game...
McCullough
+7|6838

Hidden&Aiming wrote:

@kilroy0097
Just because I kill lots of guys in a row only with the grenade launcher attachment and guys like you get jealous on all those frags?
Are you one of those guys who already complained in CS about guys who were skilled with the AWM and made use of it?

I accept everything that is possible in a game, even if the enemy is baseraping my ass.
Word!

They who say the Grenade launcher is a "noob tube" or whatever are the people witch the "noob tube" kills.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6837|Finland

McCullough wrote:

Hidden&Aiming wrote:

@kilroy0097

Word!

They who say the Grenade launcher is a "noob tube" or whatever are the people witch the "noob tube" kills.
If you use it properly, meaning you fire it from at least 10m away, i dont mind. But when you just come around the corner and hit me in the toe from about 0.5m, i dont like that. And that, my friend, is called noob tubing.
Hidden&Aiming
Let's say there are 3 Marines from a squad at our first flag @Karkand trying to take out every guy just spawning and I walk up to them from behind, what do I do?
I press the 4, I press the Left Mouse, I press say_all and type "in yo face biaaatch!"
Cause I just pwned those guys who didn't intend to capture the flag, just to do a little spawncamping.

Besides of that: I don't complain about spawncamping. A clever gamer knows what to do...

But I also bust a nade in front of every guy that comes around a corner. Just because I can.
Why the hell leave that guy time to shot me? I did choose Assault, not Associal worker class!
I know that there are enough guys who would do the same, so tell me why I should join those desperate twats like I'm "This thing bad! me no do such thing..."

As long as others have the ability to do things that are possible through the game I will do them too.
And I won't regret a thing.

Edit: And btw, it is hard work shooting someone in front of you with the Grenade Launcher without killing yourself. I really wonder who invented the word noob tube. Must have been a noob who got tubed...

Last edited by Hidden&Aiming (2005-11-27 10:28:07)

divided
Clear!
+3|6773
First guy I've seen who's most used weapon is the grenade launcher attachment.  Congrats.
Hidden&Aiming
I do what I can.
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6778
lol your right. The only weapon he even has over 1k of kills with. =o

"As long as others have the ability to do things that are possible through the game I will do them too."

A very weak argument as even EA/DICE can make some balance mistakes. Besides being in game you should come up with another strong argument.   No worries as other GL users have defended it with a lot better arguments.
Hidden&Aiming
Which?
Home
Section.80
+447|6848|Seattle, Washington, USA

Well, since this is already just turning into a debate about noobtoobers, I'm going to give my 2 cents.

If the only weapon you use is the GL, you are not a skilled player. You do not have enough skills to use a weapon that doesn't kill someone with one shot. If you continuously own me with the M95, or the G36C, or whatever, that's fine, because at least you have to aim at me to kill me. With the GL, you just point in my general direction, click, and kill me with one shot. That does not take skill.
iamamuts
+2|6756|Lisse, Netherlands
Hidden&Aiming = n00b tuber
OUROBOROS
+0|6758
nothing wrong with tubing if you can hang... its just pathetically sad that the moment they run out they cant hold their own.
Hidden&Aiming

Homeschtar wrote:

If the only weapon you use is the GL, you are not a skilled player.
Who says the GL is the only weapon I use?
I choose my class depending on the situation and also like the G36, but for what reason should I use it on a map with small areas like Karkand?

Homeschtar wrote:

You do not have enough skills to use a weapon that doesn't kill someone with one shot.
Even if that's true - who cares? Do I retrieve a Skill Ribbon for playing your way?
I get my points and I don't feel like I am cheating. EA gave me this game and I just play it my way like everybody else plays it his way.
Why don't we start a new topic where we blame BlaZiN.uk and other Top10 players that they only play the medic class so they can drop their medi-kits everywhere and gain points easily? I could also do that. but it's not my style. I need to frag my enemies and I like it the most when they fly away by explosions.
I don't even know why I have to justify myself on this...
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6781

i don't use the tube, but if i could (use it better that is)  i would...

btw, f2000 is one kickass weapon...
Hidden&Aiming
Yeah, looks nice.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
it feels like im trying to shoot someone with a water pistol.
ApathyCrusade
+0|6741

Hidden&Aiming wrote:

Homeschtar wrote:

You do not have enough skills to use a weapon that doesn't kill someone with one shot.
Even if that's true - who cares? Do I retrieve a Skill Ribbon for playing your way?
I get my points and I don't feel like I am cheating. EA gave me this game and I just play it my way like everybody else plays it his way.
Why don't we start a new topic where we blame BlaZiN.uk and other Top10 players that they only play the medic class so they can drop their medi-kits everywhere and gain points easily? I could also do that. but it's not my style. I need to frag my enemies and I like it the most when they fly away by explosions.
I don't even know why I have to justify myself on this...
I totally understand using the grenade launcher to like camp doors, corners, or to get point and click kills without aiming, even though it takes no skill whatsoever. Or I would, IF IT WASN'T A GAME WITH NOTHING ON THE LINE.  Using the tube as your only weapon, or even using it more than any other weapon MAKES YOU A COWARD. It takes no skill to do and no one has a chance to defeat you. You want to know what makes a game a game? Competition. You're not competing. You're manipulating the game so you always win. If you don't think you're a coward because you play this way, you're a stupid coward. Competing without honor isn't competing.
TheCheat54
+0|6833

Hidden&Aiming wrote:

Why don't we start a new topic where we blame BlaZiN.uk and other Top10 players that they only play the medic class so they can drop their medi-kits everywhere and gain points easily?
Dunno what rock you've been living under, but have you ever played Medic seriously? I'd say around two-thirds to three-quarters of the team points that a Medic accumulates come from revives, not heals. The patch fixed that bug where you got a heal point when a guy picked up one of your medkits with only 1 hit point missing. It actually tallies how much health you heal now, so revives are where Medics get most of their team points.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6735

ApathyCrusade wrote:

IF IT WASN'T A GAME WITH NOTHING ON THE LINE

MAKES YOU A COWARD.
you said it yourself, it's only a game

lol calling someone a coward because of how they play a game...that's rich

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard