MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6810|USA, IL
I've never seen this, but is anyone intrested in paying for an account with 20,000 pts (3rd highest rank)

Other ideas I've had is just giving out the password so that noobs can try unlocks... but we'll see what works...

The down side is that you cant change names (KYA-King)
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6746

We'll pretend you didn't post here.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

I doubt selling it would be legal. I haven't exactly combed the EULA with a fine toothed comb or anything, but I am pretty sure you are not allowed to make money directly off of BF2 in ways such as this. Similarly in that Chuy cannot offer 'premium services' which require people to pay in order to recieve benefits to their stats.

Though I could be totally wrong on this one...
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

I know people buy Steam accounts on ebay, which entitles them to all the games that have been purchased under that user name (mine got stolen and sold on ebay once so I know it's out there). However, in Steam, accounts are linked to games via Serial Numbers/CD Keys, so really, if you buy an account, you are buying the whole deal.

Selling an account from BF2, which you can make as many of as you please, does not sound legit at all, but I hate to say it, I'm sure some noobster would be willing to pay for it just to pretend he's good. Maybe it'd be more legit if you sold the whole game, BF2 key AND account, but like the two other posts, don't' count on it.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

GotMex? wrote:

I know people buy Steam accounts on ebay, which entitles them to all the games that have been purchased under that user name (mine got stolen and sold on ebay once so I know it's out there). However, in Steam, accounts are linked to games via Serial Numbers/CD Keys, so really, if you buy an account, you are buying the whole deal.

Selling an account from BF2, which you can make as many of as you please, does not sound legit at all, but I hate to say it, I'm sure some noobster would be willing to pay for it just to pretend he's good. Maybe it'd be more legit if you sold the whole game, BF2 key AND account, but like the two other posts, don't' count on it.
Yeah, the steam thing is more like selling a used video game (since that is exactly what it is...) I recall quite a few people who were selling high level Everquest (Evercrack) characters on Ebay getting into some trouble a few years ago, this seems pretty similar to that imo.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
yeah, voodoo, same thing goes for ultima online characters.  i've seen some world of warcraft characters go for a pretty good price too.

i think it might be ok as long as youre not making a profit from the sale.  it's kind of like scalping tickets for a hockey game...you can sell them at face value or less, but as soon as youre making money from it, its illegal.

dont quote me on that though...because if you sell it and get in trouble, i want no affiliation.  its your ship...feel free to go down with it, captain.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

ThomasMorgan wrote:

i think it might be ok as long as youre not making a profit from the sale.
Well, the problem is that there really isn't a price on creating a character. You could theoretically create an unlimited amount of them, and it is very difficult to price hours spent on leveling up your warlock skeleton beast of doom.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

Well with Ragnarok it's legal (at least in Thailand) to sell accounts. I made almost 200 bucks selling mine. Then again, you have to pay for playtime in the first place so maybe that's why it's legal.

There are shops dedicated to the trade/buy/sell of RO accounts, and the official table of item prices. Ex: Each level of your char is worth (i think) 20 baht, increased by 10 baht each level. Or something like that. If you ahve this item it's worth 300 baht. etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard