Poll

New Joystick? or Armored Fury+Euro Union

Joystick68%68% - 45
Af+eu31%31% - 21
Total: 66
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6365
Well, I just bought my new computer so I'm very low on money now. But I don't know what to get- a new joystick (So I can actually learn to fly) or should I get the booster pack bundle containing AF+EU? I really like both, but I don't know which one is more worth it. Is AF+EU really all that fun? And is a Joystick really worth it?
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6698|U.S
I like AF alot but EU is only fun is you like tanks. and i have a joystick it really helps if you want to fly i am decent in the a-10 and all bombers because i learned to bomb with each one,
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6580|Melbourne, Australia.
EU is dead, AF is dieing...

joystick
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
Joystick by far.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

I'm inclined to agree with the joystick option. EF & AF are dying like a bunny shot in the face with an M95.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

EF & AF.

There are still a good few very populated servers running all of the booster maps. =SF= have both an EF and AF server, both of which are up and running every night.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6504
Get a logitech extreme 3d pro, good joystick for pretty cheap (~30 USD).
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK

ZekersSneakers wrote:

AF and EF are dead I was gonna get one of those but heard they break and go off centre.
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

Boosters.

And no, AF is not dead you retards, you just never bother looking. Can't speak for EF.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6569|Portland, OR, USA

ZekersSneakers wrote:

Cheap and effective.. i'd go joystick ftw
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley

wah1188 wrote:

ZekersSneakers wrote:

AF and EF are dead I was gonna get one of those but heard they break and go off centre.
yeah mine did, piece of shit
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Get a joysitck, so you can fly on AF and EU... if you ever buy them.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6595|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
only prob with the 3d pro is that it tends to choose a direction for you.

example: when im playing IL2 sturmovik, when im taking off a runway my plane will veer to the left even with me forcing my rudders to make the plane go right. same with BF2.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6422|San Antonio, TX
I have EF/Af and I must say I have really liked playing the maps.  My wife is giving me a joystick for Christmas, so I will have it all... mua-ha-ha-ha... I agree with getting the joystick first though, Road Rage on AF isn't much fun when you are getting raped by A-10s everytime you hop in a vehicle!
Ricerckt93
+69|6652
I would suggest getting AF/EU.

This way there is one more person to be playing.

As for the joystick, yeah they are definately a must for flying.

But be prepared for getting TKed for the plane, by sh@tbags.

And practice on some singleplayer maps, with the planes, or you will be very disapointed when u get raped and stats drop at first, like mine did.

There is a MOD out there I believe called "Single player 64 maps".  -  Do a google search.

Installing this and using its icon allows you to open up all BF2 maps to 64 players in single player mode  (Obviously).

This way you can practice using the planes.  Otherwise I think the only map is Cleensweep, that has a plane.

Good luck on which ever decision you make.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6584|England

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

EF & AF are dying like a bunny shot in the face with an M95.
Lol. +1 just for that
cablecopulate
+449|6737|Massachusetts.

wah1188 wrote:

Yeah, they have a problem with losing their calibration. Just buy the replacement warranty, it's like 8 dollars at most places. Then yay new replacement joystick!
greenhaven
+47|6465

ZekersSneakers wrote:

That'll give him enough time to save up for when it breaks in three months. I doubt you're going to get a decent stick for about 20$.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6796|Barrington, RI
Phrozen will kill me for saying this, but get the Joystick.
JE3146
+109|6570|Oregon

greenhaven wrote:

ZekersSneakers wrote:

That'll give him enough time to save up for when it breaks in three months. I doubt you're going to get a decent stick for about 20$.
I've had mine for about 2 or 3 years. Nothing broken on it. Still holds center. If it drifts, just unplug it, reset the defaults, and reset the buttons. Minor recalibration.

What gives with the neg feedback on the Extreme 3d Pro?

EDIT:: "I'd to I've"

Last edited by JE3146 (2006-12-24 03:14:31)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
I think it useful to own all expansions,boosters from your fav game.So you should buy EF and AF.
A joystick you can get later aswell.
swedge
+23|6459|haggis hill

silo1180 wrote:

I have EF/Af and I must say I have really liked playing the maps.  My wife is giving me a joystick for Christmas, so I will have it all... mua-ha-ha-ha... I agree with getting the joystick first though, Road Rage on AF isn't much fun when you are getting raped by A-10s everytime you hop in a vehicle!
i had to laugh at that statement lol

Last edited by swedge (2006-12-24 05:17:21)

greenhaven
+47|6465

JE3146 wrote:

greenhaven wrote:

ZekersSneakers wrote:

I've had mine for about 2 or 3 years. Nothing broken on it. Still holds center. If it drifts, just unplug it, reset the defaults, and reset the buttons. Minor recalibration.

What gives with the neg feedback on the Extreme 3d Pro?

EDIT:: "I'd to I've"
There's just way too many stories about of it breaking after several months. For that price, he's not going to get a really nice one that will last him a long time. I personally use a Saitek Cyborg Evo, and I have never it drift once in the 3-4 years I've had it.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6365
Hmm...67% for joystick and 32% for Af+Eu. I still don't know which to choose; joystick wont guarantee that I will fly well yet AF+EU would have new maps and awards. =/ I plan on getting both, but I don't know which to first.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6504
Joystick! You will never touch that crappy mouse or keyboard in a jet ever again!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard