Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

This case had always seemed fishy to me.

Nifong's investigator interviewed the woman Thursday, and she told the investigator that she couldn't testify "with certainty" that she was raped, according to the dismissal motions.

"Since there is no scientific or other evidence independent of the victim's testimony that would corroborate specifically (a rape charge), the state is unable to meet its burden of proof with respect to this offense," the motions said.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
The prosecution's case had so many holes in it, swiss cheese would be jealous.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

How can you not be able to testify with certainty to being raped? Surely she'd know.

Although Rohypnol is a hell of a drug.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6642|Sin City

Those cases are tough to make, especially when it's her word against his and she was in a setting willingly. Her story sounded like B.S. to me though, even more so when she started getting publicity.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
It was a bullshit case for sure.  The D.A. was more interested in getting re-elected than in pursuing justice.  He played the race card, but thankfully, it didn't stick.

I just feel sorry for the students who were scandalized over this because some dumb bitch wanted to extort money from them.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
i say it's time to show pictures of the conniving cunt all over the news, just as the pics have been spread of the wrongfully accused
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
Those players should sue the media for 100,000's of dollars for ruining their lives.  I remember watching CNN, you'd think they'd already been convicted from the way they were talking about them..................
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
never did see nancy grace's coverage of it, i'm sure it was comical to say the least, the way she becomes Judge Dredd at every new scandal

"I am the law!"
WhoGotOwned?
+0|6345
that girl is full of bs. She was so detailed in how she was raped, and now she is not sure? There is no way you could discribe it like that and then be like wellllll maybe it didnt happen. Lieing bs artist.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6597|sWEEDen
I saw some newscoverage of this, yes even here in sweden. As most ppl already has stated...it looked to me as pure B.S accusations.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. - Rick James......Bitch.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

A man stabbed by Crystal Mangum - who infamously made national headlines in 2006 by falsely accusing three Duke lacrosse players of rape - has died, police said.

Mangum, 32, has been held in a North Carolina jail on $300,000 bond since stabbing her boyfriend, Reginald Daye, on April 3.

She had been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but cops say they will now seek upgraded charges.

"More than likely, we will be upgrading the charge to murder," Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez Sr. told the Durham Herald Sun.

It's the latest in a long line of legal troubles for Mangum.

She was found guilty late last year of contributing to the abuse of minors in an episode where she trashed Daye's car and set fire to his clothes.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa … _cops.html
Crazy bitch. She should have done a little time in the system for falsely accusing the lacrosse team in '06.
13rin
+977|6489
I can't believe she tricked a man into trusting her afterwards.  Silly poor bastard.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Not surprising. And it absolutely SUCKS for those players for the rest of their life, because when you Google their names... you see their involvement with the case. Even though the charges were dropped, their names are still there.

My friend from HS is starting for Duke Lacrosse next year. Pretty freaking sick. Just saying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard