.remedy.
+3|6410|Tennessee
Talks of him possibly retiring next season. If you ask me, I dont think he should I think he still has alot left in him..

for those sport jocks out there, whats your input?
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6695|U.S
i think he needs to stay to break a few more records and have another winning season
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6608|balls
i'm a viking fan in cheesedick country (wisconsin) and this is all i hear about.  retire, and don't be a fag who does, only to come back in a few weeks.  do it or not, move on.  he just loves all the hype and attention.  looks to me like he has plenty left...........................interceptions that is!!!
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6636|Your moms bedroom
If he wants to win, he will have to move to a different team, the Packers have already moved on and they are letting Brett lead the team for as long as he is willing as a sign of respect. But by letting key free agents slip away they are not doing him any favors
Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6440
He is getting pretty old, I think he should stay for a year after he is planning to retire. After that he will be too old and fragile to play, but right now he still has something left in him I think.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6652
I say stay for for another season, he still has alot of fire and determination. If he were to quit now, just like another poster said I think he would want to come back.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6659|USA
I'd say retire. Every interview I see him in since last season, he looks and sounds as though its been over and he just going through the motions. I'd like to see him come back. But I don't see it happening.
d.cripz
+29|6405
he should retire, and they should sign OJ
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6428|Washington State, USA
i think he could probably do another season
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6817|Delaware
Regardless of whether he does or not, McCarthy needs to pick up a QB in the draft.

Brett should be back for one final season.
Mogura
+17|6359|EUROPE
Who the fuck is Brett Favre ?
Entertayner
+826|6567

Mogura wrote:

SysTray
+180|6817|Delaware

Entertayner wrote:

Mogura wrote:

Quarterback in American football bound to be in the hall of fame.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6659|USA
Quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. American Football. He is a future Hall of Famer. Quite possibly one of the top ten quarterbacks ever.

edit: damn you beat me.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2006-12-22 09:55:50)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6486|Gogledd Cymru

Entertayner wrote:

Mogura wrote:

Mogura
+17|6359|EUROPE
ah ok :-) cool.
well i dont know much about him or american football, but if he is in a hall of fame, he must have been playing for a while, and have a LOOOOOOT of money, if i were him, i would retire on hawaii.  ;-)

someone knows if he play Battlefield 2 ?   :p
.remedy.
+3|6410|Tennessee

Mogura wrote:

id be asking the same question if i lived in europe.. nah.. just messin with you..

Quarterback in American football bound to be in the hall of fame.
he will be in the hall of fame, no question about it.

SysTray wrote:

Regardless of whether he does or not, McCarthy needs to pick up a QB in the draft.

Brett should be back for one final season.
my pick would be a QB too for McCarthy, you still have Ahman Green as one of your backs, and that works well..

but unfortunatly for mccarthy, i doubt hes going to get a top tier QB such as Brady Quinn out of ND, or Troy Smith out of Ohio State.. unless someone pulls of a stupid move saying "defense wins championships", and they pick a defensive player as their first pick *cough* texans *cough* - but thats a whole different story.

--

pretty much, if he retires, good for him, if he stays, good for him, for me, hes proven everything there was needed to be proven by a veteran quarterback..
SysTray
+180|6817|Delaware
Brady Quinn would be a dream come true. I've been thinking about him being the Pack's QB for awhile now.
Not
Great success!
+216|6573|Chandler, AZ
Such a tough call, as a Packer fan living in Minnesota all I hear about is how bad he needs to retire.

Personally I think he's got at least another year left. It's sad to watch him play right now though because you can tell that he's not in sync with his receivers at all. They're missing check downs, they're awful in the red zone, and nobody can catch a ball.

Favre throws a lot of interceptions, yes. But an overabundance of those interceptions are coming off his receivers' hands first. For those of us who deeply understand the game and watch Green Bay play, you can see that his receivers are the biggest cause of his poor performance on paper. They're not running their routes. Favre is throwing to where they should be, he's reading the coverage well, but his receivers are so far out of position that it makes it look as if he's throwing into double and triple coverage all the time.

That's why Peyton Manning is so successful, and Brett could be the same way. Both of these quarterbacks don't look for their open receivers. That's what a rookie QB does. A hall of famer reads the coverage at all times, and throws to where the receiver will be open if they're running their routes the right way. Which they're not.

Last edited by Not (2006-12-22 10:15:24)

Dersmikner
+147|6494|Texas
He can't win a Super Bowl this year or next, and if he's only staying for the records that's the shittiest thing I can imagine. He needs to let Aaron Rodgers begin his development and do the Packers a favor by not delaying their rebirth for another year.

I like him, he was damned good (though he throws a lot of jump balls and wild ass passes), and he's a decent guy so I have nothing against him, but his time has passed.
Entertayner
+826|6567

SysTray wrote:

American football
What the fuck is that?

SysTray wrote:

the hall of fame.
See above.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6826|USA! USA! USA!
Can anybody tell me why he's called "Far-ve" and not "Fav-re"???  Is it because us Americans are too lazy to say something complicated?  My gf (who watches more fooseball than me) says it's because his family is Cajun, but if that were the case it would be pronounced "Fmmmhmhv!"
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6392|Indianapolis, IN
Bret FAVVV.......RE

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard