Yes I would60%60% - 40
No I wouldn't22%22% - 15
Maybe, I don't know16%16% - 11
Total: 66
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6644
Well, would you?

I searched and didn't see anything so sorry if this poll has been done.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio
Inter what?
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6681|The Lou

usmarine2007 wrote:

Inter what?
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6681|The Lou
Is that where you marry a chick with a different religion?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio

HURLEY wrote:

If that is what he means, what kind of stupid question is that?  Why would that even matter?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Why not? So long as she wasn't too religious, that shit can be scary.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6681|The Lou

usmarine2007 wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

If that is what he means, what kind of stupid question is that?  Why would that even matter?
I know, love is love... i wouldnt let something like that get in the way, you can believe different things, just dont talk about it.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6682|West Yorkshire, U.K
no way lives too short
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6644

usmarine2007 wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

Are you guys shitting me? Do you seriously not understand what the question is?
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6573
I guess it depends on the situation, but some religions mix like oil and water... Then they go and have a kid, then fight over if he's gonna be raised Lutheran, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, whatever, and both sides harbor resentments and finally get divorced leaving the kid without family, and he'll be confused as heck because his parents are morons.  Then he will probably see the light, and see what believing in gigantic invisible space-apes does to people, and he'll turn atheist, or at least he'll be spiritual but not religious. 

So, because we need far fewer lunatic religious nut-balls, I wholeheartedly support interfaith marriages between people of all faiths and races.
commissargizz
+123|6461| Heaven
I have no faith, so does that count?
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6386|Scotland
I said no because i don't have any faith so it wouldn't be an "inter"faith marriage.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

Catholic marrying a prodestant causes enough upheavel where I come from, so I think that is as far as I could swing it.  I am not racist or anything but I just dont see my self marying a muslim woman to be honest, my older cousin was engaged to a jewish girl and both familes displayed there shall we say dismay about it, eventually it was called off because they 'grew appart' but my thinkin is there was pressure put on to stop it.  Shame but that is the way things are in many parts of the world.

Martyn
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command

usmarine2007 wrote:

Inter what?
Spammer.

No I wouldn't. You asking for misery.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Wouldn't be interfaith, I have no faith at all, so it would just be her with her's.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6761|d
must be a retard, if you don't understand the question.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6635|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Oh shit im a retard then.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio

mafia996630 wrote:

must be a retard, if you don't understand the question.
dee dee dee
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6432

commissargizz wrote:

lol me too
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
I'm a bit confused on the "interfaith" part. I suppose if I, a Catholic, married a Christian that would be acceptable but probably no Mormons or things of that caliber.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6644

Fireteam_Delta wrote:

commissargizz wrote:

lol me too
Well then for you two it would refer to you marrying a christian, jew, muslim etc. That is if you believe in marriage at all.
twiistaaa
+87|6666|mexico
if shes hot enough
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

It can get messy if you have multiple kids. End up with a bunch of them having different faiths and beating each other up over it.

"YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!" "NO, YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!"

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-21 17:45:03)

dubbs
+105|6630|Lexington, KY

HURLEY wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

I know, love is love... i wouldnt let something like that get in the way, you can believe different things, just dont talk about it.
But if you have children, it would be harder to raise them.  If the father's religion says you can not eat certain food, but the mother's religion says you can eat anything.  This would be hard for the child.  Or for example, if the mother was Muslim, and during Ramadan (sorry if I am incorrect, I do not know a lot about the holy days of Islam), where she can not eat anything during the day, but the father could.  What would you do with the child?  Before you say, let the child choose, what about when the child is young, ie 4 or 5, they are not old enough to make that kind of choice.  I also think that at that age it would be very bad parenting to have you child choose one or the other, that is sort of like making them choose to love only the mother or father.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
My dad's jewish and my stepmom's muslim.

I'm an atheist, but yes, I would.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard